• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

replace bent motherboard socket pin with new one !O_O!

System Name Windows7 64bit Ultimate
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Cooler Master T4
Memory G.skill 32GB DDR4 (2x16GB) 3200MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX970 4GB
Storage PNY 500GB SSD + Seagate 4TB SSHD
Display(s) HP LE1851w
Case Cooler Master N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Cooler Master 750watt
Mouse HP
Keyboard HP
Benchmark Scores no need
Hi TPU-m
nice day

I am little surprised about this,

okay, I was looking for some stuff on online market then I see MB socket. I ask my self "why people selling CPU socket?!" , So, I open the page and wow!! New MB Socket, Do you know what's that mean?! that mean you can change your old broken MB socket by new one.

MB socket is not so expensive as i seen. I found like this:
LGA 775 = 3$
LGA 1366=9$ ...... and so on.

This is great, but at the same time maybe unprofitable. I was looking and looking deep then I found there is machine called (BGA) to do this job.

My Q is: Is that possible to use Hot air gun to change MB socket? as i see BGA use hot air to take off and install socket. Has anyone try this out.

Thanks

System Name Winter Heater
Processor Intel Core I7 5820k@4250 Mhz
Motherboard ASUS x99 Deluxe
Cooling Cryorig H5
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 + 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) OEM GTX 970
Storage Seagate ST4000VN000, Hitachi 2TB, Crucial CX500 1TB
Display(s) LG 23EA63
Case Thermaltake Versa N21
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
You need to have at least a soldering station that has a heat gun to perform such an operation, but it would take some time and would be sort of difficult, because you would have to heat up the motherboard from beneath to melt the solder on the socket to take it off, and then do the same to put it back in, not to mention that it would be ridiculously uncomfortable to hold or fixate the motherboard and work on it at the same time. What people in service centers use are infrared soldering stations. These can heat stuff both from beneath and above, and they also can fixate the motherboard pretty nicely on the "vice" incorporated into the station. Another thing to keep in mind is that the socket is made out of plastic, so if you're not careful, you could melt it.
I have also noticed lots of motherboards with bent pins being put on sale for cheap on fleabay, but that made me think that maybe the motherboards have other issues with them and the guys selling them just bend the pins to mask the real reason behind selling the motherboards, because some of them have just 1 or 2 pins bent, which can be easily fixed.

System Name windows 10 pro 64bit
Processor i5 6600k 4.4ghz 1.25v
Motherboard asus maximus viii gene
Cooling BeQuiet Dark Rock pro
Memory 2x8(16)GB 2860mhz
Video Card(s) gtx 1070 EVGA
Storage ssd x2 128gb raid0/ ssd480gb
Display(s) AOC 1440p 75hz
Case Aerocool DS Cube
Audio Device(s) asus motherboard intergrated
Power Supply be Quiet pure power L8 600w
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw wireles
Keyboard Logitec G213
Software my favorite World of Tanks :) is that a software?? :)
true...,there are lot of expoloiters out there..,but then again there are loooot of ppl just have no clue about fixing anything and seling stuff almoust for free!

System Name Windows7 64bit Ultimate
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Cooler Master T4
Memory G.skill 32GB DDR4 (2x16GB) 3200MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX970 4GB
Storage PNY 500GB SSD + Seagate 4TB SSHD
Display(s) HP LE1851w
Case Cooler Master N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Cooler Master 750watt
Mouse HP
Keyboard HP
Benchmark Scores no need
You need to have at least a soldering station that has a heat gun to perform such an operation, but it would take some time and would be sort of difficult, because you would have to heat up the motherboard from beneath to melt the solder on the socket to take it off
This is the basic idea : Remove BGA By Hot Air Gun
as I see hot air has been mount it to push air directly to motherboard socket from above only. So i think it should not heat all balls.

I have also noticed lots of motherboards with bent pins being put on sale for cheap on fleabay, but that made me think that maybe the motherboards have other issues with them and the guys selling them just bend the pins to mask the real reason behind selling the motherboards,

10+ , True, I seen that on E-bay. Oh god.