• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Request/Suggestion] R.O.G. GPU-Z and interface no longer in parity with CPU-Z of same theme

It appears the ROG CPU-Z build has been updated fairly recently, such that the interface is presented in a modern flat design, lacking most design elements intended to give the perception of depth. By contrast, the ROG version of GPU-Z looks quite dated, especially when viewed side-by-side. The current version sort of reminds me of when i look back at old screenshots of the earlier iPhone versions.. one glance and you know you're looking at iOS 5 (maybe android shows something similar, idk). Obviously this is a cosmetic issue and thus not imperative it be addressed immediately, but it would be a welcomed change if the dev team were able to do a small rework of the UI to give it a more flat design with sharper edges. Also, I know that TPU is responsible only for GPU-Z and of course I am under no illusion that the dev team are under some sort of obligation to make changes or honor every request. However, I thought I would raise the issue here, see what comes of it, and hope for the best. It would look pretty nice, though, wouldn't it?

Capture.PNG

All of this being said, I really appreciate the utility purely from a utilitarian view. Many thanks to the dev team for all the time they donate for its continues development.

Cheers

You said dev team 3 times. But there's only 1 dev. Hence no dev team.

Anywho. I think it just needs more skins altogether. There's actually 3 different ASUS CPU-Z skins floating around. TUF green, ROG red, and a plain black one. I guess it's just too much to ask. Obviously. Since it does come up...time...and time again. But the response from the dev(singular) is typically a wall of silence.

Anywho. I think it just needs more skins altogether. There's actually 3 different ASUS CPU-Z skins floating around. TUF green, ROG red, and a plain black one. I guess it's just too much to ask. Obviously. Since it does come up...time...and time again. But the response from the dev(singular) is typically a wall of silence.
lol sorry, i just assumed there was more than one person working on it.. thats a shame though.. the wall of silence..

yeah, more skins would be great.. and certainly a system of using skins would be really appreciated.. but I suspect thats highly unlikely.. is the source available or its private?

System Name Main PC/OldPC/3rd PC
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge/Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge/Core i3-4330 Haswell
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V/ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen1/ASUS H81M2
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/Intel Box cooler/Intel Box cooler
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance/32GB ADATA/16GB ADATA
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB/MSI RX 480 8GB/SAPPHIRE R9 390 8GB
Storage 2x1TB ADATA SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/2xCrucial 1TB SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/Samsung 1TB SSD+8TB+4TB HDDs
Display(s) Philips 274E5QHAB@HDMI + Philips 273EQH@DVI (both 27")
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium
Audio Device(s) Kenwood Mini HiFi system/Microlab speakers/Philips HDMI (main)+LG TV monitor HDMI + Apple headphones
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent ProM 600 W (modular)
Mouse Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)@Razer Goliath mousepad (Medium speed)
Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)
Software Win10 64-bit (Main PC v.1809 RTM Enterprise/2nd PC v.1903 Insider Preview Pro/3rd PC - same as 2nd)
Nope, it's a team of 1. :) One-man army, so to speak - but still an army. ;)
I heard there are some volunteer testers helping too. ;)

so.. is the one-man army capable of tweaking the GUI to make it more in line with the recent ROG CPU-Z ?? I know there's probably not a lot of incentive/motivation for "cosmetic" changes (think of trying to get health insurance to pay for a boob job), but I think it could really use the changes.. and given that it took many many years for the cpuz version to be changed, this likely wont have to be done again for many more years. Hopefully the one-man army is really good at GUI coding and this isnt such a big ask

edit: to be honest im pretty good in photoshop and illustrator.. if i knew the dimension requirements for each component, Id be willing to do some of the work design. Really, just removing the white border around the all the edges, and the two tone shading in the title bar and buttons, that would make a huge difference, making it appear more flat and sleek.
let me know if youd like some assistance with the graphics work (i didnt mention this earlier bc i was thinking that the GUI was written in code (something like CSS).. but after thinking it over im pretty sure it uses raster/vector graphics instead of some styling language)

There was a guy who did a bunch of really cool looking reskins with...what was it again? I can't remember. Some Windows thing-a-ma-jig. Anyway...kinda made it look/sound sorta easy. I'll see if I find that thread...

Found it. Microsoft Fluent Design System.

So...yeah. Figure all that out and do it yourself. :p