• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Reset Button Corsair Carbide 200R

Hi,

The thing is when I click the reset button to reset the PC is supposed to suspend is set to it, something that does not suddenly appear on the ASUS logo as if it had to power on the PC and the security options appear or start windows normally.

This is reset:

Even if you set the reset button without function it does so the same thing, the button doesn't get no function.

The power button works well.

Help!

Let me clarify, when I press this button, of reset:

The system suddenly restarts and give me kernel power 41 error instead of sleep.

Thank you.

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
If the reset button is hooked up to the reset pins on the motherboard pin panel, it's going to restart the PC...
The only way I'm aware of to put a PC to sleep instead, is to set it in the power options to put the PC to sleep when the power button is pressed. I have no experience with your mobo, but I don't see any manuals online stating that you can change the reset button's config.

If the reset button is hooked up to the reset pins on the motherboard pin panel, it's going to restart the PC...
The only way I'm aware of to put a PC to sleep instead, is to set it in the power options to put the PC to sleep when the power button is pressed. I have no experience with your mobo, but I don't see any manuals online stating that you can change the reset button's config.
I've configured here to it sleep and before it was doing it correctly, and now it's not. It doesn't restart correctly basically when I press button it crashes the computer and in event log I see a Kernel Power 41 error, so the button is crashing the OS, and again once it was working correctly.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I've configured here to it sleep and before it was doing it correctly, and now it's not. It doesn't restart correctly basically when I press button it crashes the computer and in event log I see a Kernel Power 41 error, so the button is crashing the OS, and again once it was working correctly.

Your restart button is not your sleep button. A sleep button is one likely found on the keyboard. The restart button will only ever restart a PC and windows will moan about power being cut.