• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Resident Evil: Resistance is broken by Denuvo?

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
I have been playing Resident Evil: Resistance lately. With the computer listed in my specs, I have been witnessing audio getting out of sync and FPS drops to around 10FPS in high motion sequences. Kind of rough for gaming with a G-Sync display and 1440p on a EVGA Black RTX 2080ti and an i9-9900k. I am doing zero overclocking with it but I will OC if anybody thinks it would help. I am using the latest version and patches of Windows 10 Pro 64bit and all of the latest drivers for my above average spec computer. I am willing to take any suggestions at this point. Is this game just broken by a poorly designed Denuvo implementation.

Last edited:
System Name MRCOMP!
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair 280 AIO
Memory 64GB 3600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX3060
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung Neo
Case No Case... just sitting on cardboard :D
Power Supply Antec 650w
Have you checked the temps to make sure nothing is throttling?

a quick google found other users reporting audio sync issues on both PS4 and PC.
maybe check audio settings in game and in windows, try basic stereo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/fu9z8k

Edit:
looks like its a game issue. heaps of threads about the problems on steam forums

Last edited:
System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
where is the game installed hdd or ssd?
this is the first game from the list of the games for tpu video card reviews. do you have any of those games (preferably FPS or Adventure types as they are closer to RE then strategies) and can you check what fps you get with any of those games. compared to the test system your system has a bit lower ram and windows is specially tweaked for tests so about 15% difference from reviews should be normal.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech
where is the game installed hdd or ssd?
this is the first game from the list of the games for tpu video card reviews. do you have any of those games (preferably FPS or Adventure types as they are closer to RE then strategies) and can you check what fps you get with any of those games. compared to the test system your system has a bit lower ram and windows is specially tweaked for tests so about 15% difference from reviews should be normal.

The games I play are loaded on a Samsung 850 pro so no issues there with tons of space to spare. The HDD I have is not in the computer until I need to access it after reboot(hot swap tray) so it could not be interfering but I see how that could be confusing when looking at my system specs. All other games on this system have zero FPS issues. When I hook it up to my 4K screens I also have no issues pushing 4K in games like Killing Floor 2(max settings) and Doom(2016) in max settings.

I wouldn't think 32GB of RAM is not enough for gaming. Have things changed that much? I am not saying that I am right in that assumption though.

*EDIT*The game in question plus my OS and all background processes are consuming 14GB in game. Way more than I thought, but still short of my 32GB of system RAM.

Have you checked the temps to make sure nothing is throttling?

a quick google found other users reporting audio sync issues on both PS4 and PC.
maybe check audio settings in game and in windows, try basic stereo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/fu9z8k

Edit:
looks like its a game issue. heaps of threads about the problems on steam forums

I will change audio settings and monitor temps. I am glad to see I am not the only one dealing with this. That could mean I don't have a part dying on me. :)

*EDIT* Temps never exceed 80C under load with the GPU. In both 5.1 surround and TV stereo I get the same result intermittently. I never get it when I use Mastermind(camera spawning mode), only issues come from being a Survivor. Upon monitoring, FPS never dips below 144FPS(G-Sync limited) until the the audio glitch happens. I tried both DX11 and DX12 mode with the same result. Upon starting the game, the CPU goes to 100% for 25 seconds and then comes back down. I am guessing that is normal.

Last edited:
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Mouse roccat burst pro
Software windows 10
you have powerful hardware and if there were something wrong with it you should had problems with other games too.
check if you have latest patch of the game and maybe their support page if the have announced upcoming patch for this issue.
or if it isnt too late just refund this pos and move on with some other game.

edit: i just saw @slyfox2151 's edit. it is sad story when they have no better ideas then to make remasters on old games. it is even sadder they fuck up so badly just simple hi res texture update :shadedshu:

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
you have powerful hardware and if there were something wrong with it you should had problems with other games too.
check if you have latest patch of the game and maybe their support page if the have announced upcoming patch for this issue.
or if it isnt too late just refund this pos and move on with some other game.

edit: i just saw @slyfox2151 's edit. it is sad story when they have no better ideas then to make remasters on old games. it is even sadder they fuck up so badly just simple hi res texture update :shadedshu:
What? RE3R isn't a "simple hi res texture update", wth are you smoking?

Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Mouse roccat burst pro
Software windows 10
Speaking of which, this is a remake of Resident Evil 3 in the loosest sense. The plot, locations, and characters are vaguely similar, but it's a departure in so many other respects that it might as well be an entirely new game. Whole locations are missing, including the clock tower, even though its exterior features in a scene. And those sections where the action stops and you have to make story-altering decisions have been cut entirely.

After the imaginative, tradition-defying Resident Evil 7, and the sublimely polished, playable Resident Evil 2, this is a massive leap backwards for the series. The Nemesis is wasted—a bit player in its own game, neutered by its chronic lack of purpose. There are barely any puzzles and you're rarely given the chance to wander off the beaten path.

Resident Evil 3 is essentially a chain of action set-pieces, threaded together with a paper-thin story and a few too many cutscenes. This is the direction the series started to take post-Resident Evil 4, when it seriously lost its way and we ended up with the abysmal Resident Evil 6, and I'd hate to see that happen again.
https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-3-remake-review/

yap it looks like they've put a lot of effort in it.
i dont own the game. looking at change descriptions i didnt miss a thing. but i've never been into RE anyway so may be for those that care for RE playing a buggy mess that sends even best hardware into single digit fps is well worth the asked price.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Mouse G400s Logitech
I am a RE fan, but you are certainly right that this is pathetic that they would not fix this before release. It is not the same game in its entirety. The story and characters are different in many ways. Kind of like a remake of a classic movie is not the same. These newer remakes are better than the originals but not in stability. It really does run like dogsh!t a quarter of the time. For $60 it is a ripoff given that it is partially broken. Compare this to the alpha of Killing Floor II that had no real issues with performance. KF2 just had issues with low amounts of content in alpha which you would expect. If a small publisher can manage not having a broken game, you would think a talented and wealthy publisher like Capcom could handle it. Then again, look at Bethesda with Fallout 76. F76 still has more glitches than any other game I have played. Luckily, Steam does roll out the updates quickly from the developer and despite a few updates the issue still persists. Even deleting the game cache and reloading everything does not fix it. Therefore, it must be a problem inherent in the game. Well, thank you all for the help. The developer appears to be the culprit. How did this not show up in reviews? Advertising dollars keeping it hush-hush? Capcom does spend a lot on advertising.

Last edited: