1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Resistance or Resistance 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by dinjo_jo, Jan 7, 2010.

1. dinjo_jo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Which one is better and close to Killzone 2

2. MadClown

MadClown

Thanks Received:
    Well, I played the demo of the first Resistance and it was stale and boring, if the rest of the game follows suit, then it is nothing like KZ2. Can't really say anything other than that

3. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I think you need Resistance 1 to understand Resistance 2. Making my way through resistance 1 currently. It plays like Halo crossed with Call of Duty 1 and Gears of war.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I liked resistance a lot. JC hit the nail on the head. Never had the opportunity to play 2, but I would recommend 1 happily.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    these are ps3 only games right?

6. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Correct ste and ill say the same as Wile e and Jc play resistance before going to the second one.

ste2425 says thanks.
  7. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    thats a shame first ive heard of it, checked it out an it looks rather good, i dnt own a ps3 tho :(

8. aCid888*

aCid888* New Member

Thanks Received:
    Resistance is a great game and I'd tell anyone to buy it without a doubt....Resistance 2 is also very good but just doesnt capture the feel of the first one, shame really. :)

On a bit of a side note; Killzone 2 sucked.

Killzone for the PS2 was damn good though....everything about the second one seems such a failure when compared to the first one. :shadedshu

9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    no deny Resistance is a great game but VERY VERY long game that you die really quick make it really challenging but overall its a great game and playing with someone else via co-op is a lot more interesting.

You need play 1st one to understand 2nd one just like everyone is saying to get a brief background of the plot.

10. mipowell29 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was not a huge fan of Resistence 1, granted this was right after I stopped playing MW2 for the PS3. So I was kind of expecting more, I didn't really like the controls and the game started to feel tedious after a while. Most rooms are just trial and error, like I was stuck on one mission in a factory and it took me like 10 trys to get through this one room because you needed to kill the enemies in a super specific order or else you'd get gang raped.

11. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    meh i agree Resitence 1 is fun without a doubt also co op is a joy to play and its a must to understand the 2nd game as far as killzone 2 goes and 1 for that matter those games had the worst aiming controls in a FPS in recent memory example KZ1 using a sniper rifle was a chore so much so it was easier to just use a machine gun line up a shot and fire a few rounds and KZ2 my god controls sucked felt clunky as hell maybe its because im a pc gamer first but i hate trying to aim and its not smooth instead it jumps so to speak u can never really get a dead on aim unless ur aiming so slow ur dead before you fire... anyway

Resistance 1 is good REsistance 2 is good both games back to back are a blast

12. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would suggest anyone with a PS3 to get and play the first one. I don't own it myself, but I played it through from a friend. It got me to buy the sequel. You need the play the first to understand the second. I liked the first more than the second, but it is a good game nonetheless.

13. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If its cheap enough, why not get both instead? If its not possible, then get the first one. I played the second one before the first one, and most of them made not much sense, although still very good as a storyless shooter.