• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Resize window possibility

Alendos

Need possibility to resize vertically GPU-Z window. Because, especially on new ATI cards those have a lot of sensors, you can't see all sensors at once. Sometimes it crucial.

mankind

System Name Numa
Processor Q6600 @ 3.6GHz 1.37v actual
Motherboard Asus P5K-E/WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Venomous X + 2 Apache 120mm fans
Memory OCZ 4Gb PC2-8500 Reaper HPC
Video Card(s) Asus 5870 @ 915/1250
Storage 1Tb F3/500Gb F1/320Gb Seagate
Display(s) Samsung 2443
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Windows Vista 64
System Name Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G75Maii
Processor Core i5 3210M (2,5-3,1Ghz)
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Geforce GT650M
Storage Samsung 830 256GB - 750GB Toshiba drive
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (non-acer-bloatware)
I bump and second this one. The amount of sensors on a 5850 makes me need to scroll, and I hate to scroll :D

AOK

Man, 10 years :)

Sooo - before there were tools with cool outlooks. Now all we have similar to that AFAIK are the MSI Afterburner and the ASUS Tweak, which I presume are both based on GPU-Z code. Nevertheless neither offers resizing to the X & Y. the Asus Tweak II allows selection of visibility of different s scales for the Afterburner don't know.

Any possibilities in that direction or alternatives, perhaps? In the best case scenario GPU, GPU for video, VRAM, TEMP as in myresources tool.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
You can resize the window when sensors is the active tab. this was added a long time ago

AOK

No, no, no, no... These are thin lines that are no good on a 4k monitor. Additionally there's no chance of excluding meters and better expand each as a separated windows to make big graphs :) And since AFAIK GPU-Z is the best software for that - it would be a lovely feature to have around.

GPU-Feature-RQ.png

System Name Main PC/OldPC/3rd PC
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge/Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge/Core i3-4330 Haswell
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V/ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen1/ASUS H81M2
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/Intel Box cooler/Intel Box cooler
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance/32GB ADATA/16GB ADATA
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB/MSI RX 480 8GB/SAPPHIRE R9 390 8GB
Storage 2x1TB ADATA SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/2xCrucial 1TB SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/Samsung 1TB SSD+8TB+4TB HDDs
Display(s) Philips 274E5QHAB@HDMI + Philips 273EQH@DVI (both 27")
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium
Audio Device(s) Kenwood Mini HiFi system/Microlab speakers/Philips HDMI (main)+LG TV monitor HDMI + Apple headphones
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent ProM 600 W (modular)
Mouse Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)@Razer Goliath mousepad (Medium speed)
Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)
Software Win10 64-bit (Main PC v.1809 RTM Enterprise/2nd PC v.1903 Insider Preview Pro/3rd PC - same as 2nd)
AOK, you realize it is a BIG change to have large graphs/charts? :)
First, it will require lots of work. Secondly, many people will say "Where did the old nice small charts go!?".
Of course, maybe the larger graphs could be in a 2nd window or another tab, but this needs careful planning, and LOTS of work & time, which The Maker likely does not have. :)
(I guess he has another, paid job too ;) besides GPU-Z)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
No, no, no, no... These are thin lines that are no good on a 4k monitor. Additionally there's no chance of excluding meters and better expand each as a separated windows to make big graphs :) And since AFAIK GPU-Z is the best software for that - it would be a lovely feature to have around.

View attachment 150363
I'm sure if you contribute US$10,000 to TPU, it'll get done in a few weeks.

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
Probably easier to just log to file and use a graphing tool to import the data

AOK

Probably easier to just log to file and use a graphing tool to import the data
Unfortunately I need real-time live data and not for post-mortem analysis.

AOK, you realize it is a BIG change to have large graphs/charts? :)
First, it will require lots of work. Secondly, many people will say "Where did the old nice small charts go!?".
Of course, maybe the larger graphs could be in a 2nd window or another tab, but this needs careful planning, and LOTS of work & time, which The Maker likely does not have. :)
(I guess he has another, paid job too ;) besides GPU-Z)
I'm sure if you contribute US$10,000 to TPU, it'll get done in a few weeks.

And I am sure if this world was full with naysayer like you guys we will still be using Win95.

Why all of you are jumping around and answering for someone else? Unlike Flanker that at least is constructive.
And the answer to the US$10,000 question - I need this for beta testing of software for which I am not paid or get any rewards in any possible way.

And I am more than sure that for that amount of money you can get so much more than just that. ;-) Depending on the purposes and the means. On the other hand you still have Linux and so many more examples. In the end I will still keep wonder how people that don't use or need something are first in line to nag around how hard or unnecessary a proposed feature is. As I told you I am beta tester and have had my share in long conversations about it. I am just proposing here. And now explained my user story.

Let's see what the developer(s) has to say instead of making presumptions in the place of others, shall we? After all we are in the time of multple-display systems and some of them 4k (no wonder there - the tool is graphics-related after all). Actually I was encouraged by the other devs to be troubleshooting with GPU-Z. Until then I was using Sysinternals.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
And I am sure if this world was full with naysayer like you guys we will still be using Win95.

Why all of you are jumping around and answering for someone else? Unlike Flanker that at least is constructive.
And the answer to the US$10,000 question - I need this for beta testing of software for which I am not paid or get any rewards in any possible way.

And I am more than sure that for that amount of money you can get so much more than just that. ;-) Depending on the purposes and the means. On the other hand you still have Linux and so many more examples. In the end I will still keep wonder how people that don't use or need something are first in line to nag around how hard or unnecessary a proposed feature is. As I told you I am beta tester and have had my share in long conversations about it. I am just proposing here. And now explained my user story.

Let's see what the developer(s) has to say instead of making presumptions in the place of others, shall we? After all we are in the time of multple-display systems and some of them 4k (no wonder there - the tool is graphics-related after all). Actually I was encouraged by the other devs to be troubleshooting with GPU-Z. Until then I was using Sysinternals.
Naysayers? I think you need to learn to read. I suggested that you provide a substantial donation to TPU and then @W1zzard would be more than happy to oblige. Time isn't free and I'm sure he has a lot more important things to do with his time than to implement some kind of niche feature for you.
It's free software and if you want new features, then you have to pitch in to help the author, since you seemingly don't want to do things for free and neither does he.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
since you seemingly don't want to do things for free and neither does he.
Of course I do, revamping the sensors has been on my list for years, just not enough time

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Of course I do, revamping the sensors has been on my list for years, just not enough time
But I presume you would find the time if you got a substantial contribution, no?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
But I presume you would find the time if you got a substantial contribution, no?
Probably, yes.. money isn't everything though, or else I would be writing COBOL and ABAP code all day ..

AOK

I need this for beta testing of software for which I am not paid or get any rewards in any possible way.
...I think you need to learn to read.....since you seemingly don't want to do things for free and neither does he.
Who? What?... When... Where... :D :D :D Why?

Dude, all the software that I make money from - I pay for it!

One reason, aside from the scarce resources, for that is my internal stimuli to learn to be more proficient with it. Of course tech/sales support is even more important! To my customers I can't possibly say that my software failed me. So I pay to get all the possible help when I need it.

I pirate ONLY (yes I do it, and I am not ashamed to state it) to get acquainted with new software. I get the top tier versions with all the bells and whistles for 2-3 months. Something in most cases the regular trials don't offer. If I get comfortable with it I simply decide if I can put it to good use in my workflows and if I am able to business-wise justify it.

For my personal leisure I am on a few online game platforms playing with buddies (where you usually pay to get access) or if I get a hefty discount like with Propellerhead Reason (wanted it for years) last month - I simply buy it!

Financially I am easy and simple on investments - most of my tools are cheap (in the $25-$50 price range) aside from 1 or 2 major programs!

How about you, TheLostSwede? You coming out from no where ready to throw thousands of dollars for something that most probably even doesn't concern you failing to understand the difference between verbs like "demand", "need", "want" and "suggest". But hey who counts? After all you remind me of now-a-days trending Functional illiteracy or Attention Spans of someone with ADHD. I hardly expect a troll like you to either check these links nor consulting with a dictionary at all.

I wouldn't have reacted if it wasn't for your second comment - trying to put the W1zzard in some kind of a risk averse situation (simply put to your diluted foggy mind: You trying to persuade him to not do it if $10k don't arrive on his bank account, cause everyone knows it's not in his best interest). That being said I wonder did it ever occured to you that some times for people there are more than financial motivational factors AND benefits like: "Can I do it?", "Will I learn something new creating it?" or "Will it be useful to anyone?" You see - when the whole f*** internet world has admitted how useful your creation is and someone comes and suggests a simple improvement - why not.

And BTW - nobody would mind $10k, you little fella. Nobody. ;-)

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Dude, I've known the boss here since before this site existed. You've been a member here for two weeks...
You know nothing about me, but you've made a lot of judgements based on the fact that I said you should consider contributing to TPU to give the author of GPU-Z an incentive to start working on the features you want...
As for the sum, it was a random figure I pulled out of my arse. Also, you need to learn the difference between buying ready made software and paying for someone to develop custom software for you, big difference in terms of cost.
Apparently that kicked in some flight or fight response in your brain and you decided to go full on crazy here.
Seriously, get a grip...