• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Respawn's stance on console gamer playing Apex Legends with KB/Mouse

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
MOUSE & KEYBOARD USE ON CONSOLES

"Our stance on this? The short answer is: we don't condone it.
We are investigating ways to detect if players are doing it that we're testing internally.
That's all we have to say on it for now but we'll revisit this and talk about progress with detection and how we'll address players that are using it in the near future.
"

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/cffkqb

D

Deleted member 163934

Did I got it right?
Those idiots (yes exactly idiots) consider that playing their game with a keyboard and mouse on a console is something that they shouldn't allow?!? What's exactly the diffence between playing the game on a console with a keyboard and mouse and playing their game on a pc with a keyboard and mouse?!?
I assume the next thing they will consider it shouldn't be allow is someone that is using a controller on pc to play their game.
I also assume they fixed all other problems and working on an useless "feature" to detect if someone is using a keyboard and a mouse on console is the last thing left to do in their game.

From my point of view their as bad as some other retards that decide to add a spyware (the behaviour is identical to the one of a spyware) in their mmo to deal with the cheaters, result was well cheaters weren't banned just some players that were using gaming mouses (their crap was sending all your running processes to them without informing you of such behaviour and well in their incompetence they failed to understand that some gaming mouses come with a software). Have no fear they didn't informed the players or changed the user agreement, resulting in them breaking a couple of laws (not in the country their headquarter is located, because there the companies can do whatever they want, a country were even if someone give me 1000kk to move there i would still decline it).
The use of retards is legit here because the in-game facts showed they didn't touch the cheaters.

Back in the win xp times I saw some other incompetents that added an anti-cheating detection tool that wasn't loading in xp x64 due to fact that it was an x86 file and xp x64 had a limitation regarding loading such type of files and only worked with x64 files. As results they assumed that every single win xp x64 user was a cheater and banned them all and they never lifted the ban even when showed that their crap anti-cheating hasn't been tested on xp x64 and they haven't even bothered to read win xp x64 documentation (else they would had know that they need an x64 file like that to get it loaded).

While I don't play Apex Legends I will happy add the developer on my blacklist. I'm thinking if I should add the publisher also because the publisher has part of fault also.

I'm amazed on how brain dead some game developers can be. It has to be brain dead because blind is too light.

Last edited by a moderator:
The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
Part of the reason I only really game on the PC now. 75% of modern titles are FPS or at least it feels like that. In shooters, I am all about accuracy so for me personally console controllers just don't cut it. They are far superior than KB / Mouse for driving, flying, sports and most action titles thou. Why limit myself to consoles when the PC can offer me the best of both worlds? A keyboard and mouse most of the time and a console controller when appropriate.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Awwww poor console gamers and their little bubble of slow input devices and closed eco systems. Welcome to a world that doesn't move in slow motion!

And ehm.. dear Respawn, you are fighting something you can't win, you will lose because this is an afterthought and its obvious you only start caring about 'problems' when players start whining. That alone speaks volumes, really, Apex Legends was supposed to be a cheap cash cow (and it still is) with minimal development. And it shows; what content did we get apart from a 100% pointless battle pass? One new hero? Woohooo

D

Deleted member 67555

I hope everyone realizes we're talking about the people that effectively killed good Multiplayer gaming on PC's by blocking actual game servers for P2P.
Fuck respawn... Hope it's founders become poor and destitute and have no other option but to sell themselves on the corner for the drugs they became addicted to.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I hope everyone realizes we're talking about the people that effectively killed good Multiplayer gaming on PC's by blocking actual game servers for P2P.
Fuck respawn... Hope it's founders become poor and destitute and have no other option but to sell themselves on the corner for the drugs they became addicted to.

At least we got to leech on their free content while the fun lasted, right? I've not started Apex for a month now, and not missing it, but had some good times in it.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Did I got it right?
Those idiots (yes exactly idiots) consider that playing their game with a keyboard and mouse on a console is something that they shouldn't allow?!? What's exactly the diffence between playing the game on a console with a keyboard and mouse and playing their game on a pc with a keyboard and mouse?!?
I assume the next thing they will consider it shouldn't be allow is someone that is using a controller on pc to play their game.
I also assume they fixed all other problems and working on an useless "feature" to detect if someone is using a keyboard and a mouse on console is the last thing left to do in their game.

Isn't it an MP game? Then it definitely adds imbalance. This has been the debate since the dawn of multiplayer.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Isn't it an MP game? Then it definitely adds imbalance. This has been the debate since the dawn of multiplayer.

Debate gets very funny if you add the inevitable ingredient of the oh so desired Crossplatform play...

All great reasons to stick to PC :) Here, cheating is just standard operating procedure, in all degrees and possible ways. From fast monitor to higher polling rate to cheatengine... take your pick. There is so much crap going on you stop caring.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Eh tell that to the snowflake server admins who can't handle someone better than them and someone bad-mouthing them. But yeah traditional 16v16 and more games need server browser to create a sense of community. I hate Insurgency Sandstorm because of this. It has matchmaking and custom server browser but servers are empty cause everybody uses mm. So I can't stick around to play with and against good players like I can on Insurgency 2014.

Although I can't see how a battle royale game using server browser would even work. The mechanic is that 50 and more people start at the same time and die off one by one, not join and leave at one's leisure like COD and Battlefield.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Err doesn't everyones push for cross play make it moot , apex is crap because cheats abound.
I played only on PC initially then due to cheats ps4 now due to cheats not at all.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
Eh tell that to the snowflake server admins who can't handle someone better than them and someone bad-mouthing them. But yeah traditional 16v16 and more games need server browser to create a sense of community. I hate Insurgency Sandstorm because of this. It has matchmaking and custom server browser but servers are empty cause everybody uses mm. So I can't stick around to play with and against good players like I can on Insurgency 2014.

Although I can't see how a battle royale game using server browser would even work. The mechanic is that 50 and more people start at the same time and die off one by one, not join and leave at one's leisure like COD and Battlefield.

For practically all game modes that aren't 2v2 or something small, dedicated servers are a must. Look to battle log to see how to GUI right. All the options, filters readily available just by scrolling down. Hard to believe the same people went ahead and made BF1/V's menu. Maybe not the same people but the same studio at least.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
For practically all game modes that aren't 2v2 or something small, dedicated servers are a must. Look to battle log to see how to GUI right. All the options, filters readily available just by scrolling down. Hard to believe the same people went ahead and made BF1/V's menu. Maybe not the same people but the same studio at least.
I think the negative energy of people not wanting to battlelog in browser was too potent that it also affected dice's ability to recreate battlelog in game. Maybe people shouldn't have complained so much ;)

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
If I owned a console all fps would be played mouse/kb.

They make controllers for crippled people. I am crippled with a controller in fps so I can legitimately use my own play style without a guilty conscience of cheating.

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope

They make controllers for crippled people. I am crippled with a controller in fps so I can legitimately use my own play style without a guilty conscience of cheating.
If they were smart, they would just make it a standard option and be done with it. It's not a cheat or an unfair advantage if everyone can easily access it. It is an alternative input method, like a racing wheel and pedals or a flight stick.

D

Deleted member 163934

1) If you keep the playstation players separate from the pc players maybe it adds imbalance in theory (read point 3) to understand why I said in theory cause practice change it all). But if you do that then you are not a real crossplatform game and you also didn't took into consideration what will happen if the number of players on a platform gets so low that it becomes impossible to have a game in a resonable amount of time.
If you don't keep the playstation players separated from the pc players then sorry the imbalance is already there and you can't do anything about it.
(I remember a game where they decided to keep the players from windows separeted from the ones from linux, result was an awfull one cause on linux you just couldn't actually have a proper game.)
2) The hardware stuff players are using creates imbalance anyway. For sure if I use a 60 hz monitor I would be slower in reaction times than the case I use a 144 hz monitor (unless the dev goes crazy and lock the fps to 30 or 60 fps something that is really really really bad to do for such game gender). Gaming mouse vs non-gaming mousing is exactly the same, you can't set the non-gaming mouse for your needs while you can do it with a gaming mouse so the gaming mouse will be better. Better cpu/gpu is again the same situation because the fps usualy takes a hit during fight so the highest fps in theory has an edge.
3) Younger players have better average reaction times compared to older players. ( It's not about the fastest reaction time, it's about the slowest and how your reaction times are spread in that interval.) Balance this if you can without hurting the game. (you gonna do what, run some 40 (or even 30) ticks / sec servers, nobody will want to play a shooter on such crappy servers).

The entire idea is that the imbalance is there and there is just nothing that can be done to fix it without causing more problems than actually fixing...
If you accept there is imbalance on one platform than be consistent in your decisions and accept it's imbalance on all of them.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
1) If you keep the playstation players separate from the pc players maybe it adds imbalance. But if you do that then you are not a real crossplatform game and you also didn't took into consideration what will happen if the number of players on a platform gets so low that it becomes impossible to have a game in a resonable amount of time.
If you don't keep the playstation players separated from the pc players then sorry the imbalance is already there and you can't do anything about it.
2) The hardware stuff player are using creates imbalance anyway. For sure if I use a 60 hz monitor I would be slower in reaction times than the case I use a 144 hz monitor (unless the dev goes crazy and lock the fps to 30 or 60 fps something that is really really really bad to do for such game gender). Gaming mouse vs non-gaming mousing is exactly the same, you can't set the non-gaming mouse for your needs while you can do it with a gaming mouse so the gaming mouse will be better.
3) Younger players have better average reaction times compared to older players. ( It's not about the fastest reaction time, it's about the slowest and how your reaction times are spread in that interval.) Balance this if you can without hurting the game. (you gonna do what, run some 40 (or even 30) ticks / sec servers, nobody will want to play a shooter on such crappy servers).

The entire idea is that the imbalance is there and there is just nothing that can be done to fix it without causing more problems than actually fixing...

1. Seperate issue.

2. Not applicable to avarage players.

3. Not relevant.

Also most games are supposed ro match to to players with similar skills, or you can choose this manually.

I mean I get your points but none of them are the same thing as m+kb vs pad.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
They should matchmake based on input method, not platform. If input method changes mid-game from controller to mouse/keyboard, auto-kick and queue for mouse/keyboard match.

D

Deleted member 163934

1. Seperate issue.

2. Not applicable to avarage players.

3. Not relevant.

Also most games are supposed ro match to to players with similar skills, or you can choose this manually.

I mean I get your points but none of them are the same thing as m+kb vs pad.

1) It's not a separete issue at all if you have in same game playstation players and pc players. Based on your own words the pc players have the edge due to the use of keyboard and mouse.

2) Every single player will do it better with better hardware simple as that. So yes it creates imbalance. At the moment when you admit that keyb + mouse offer an advantage on consoles you admited that better hardware offers an advantage. Check the internet you might find out that even first time players when put on better hardware performed better in shooter cases.

3) It is relevant because even 20 ms better reaction times on average makes the difference between you dead or you alive. And yes the age of players generate imbalance.

You started the talk about imbalance I just pointed out that the imbalance is there no matter what you do.

And I have one better. The ping and connection stability is another case of imbalance. (Sure you can start with buy better internet, but that won't change the ping between a player that is 2 km from the server with direct link to it and one that is 4k km away from the server that well will have to deal with the increased ping due to distance and hops.)

Show a system that is actually capable to properly evaluate players skills. So far I was unable to find one that works properly and there is no way to actually implement a proper system unless the match is 1 vs 1 and doesn't stay at all in rng and both players have similar reaction times (or reaction time have no impact on the game), use similar hardware (or the hardware have no impact on the game) and have same ping (or the ping have no impact on the game) and internet connection stability.

In a shooter case your reactions time, the hardware that you use, your ping to server, your internet connection stability count a lot. In an online shooter there is no way to eliminate imbalance no matter what you do.

If you match a player with 20 ms ping with a player with 120 ms ping it's expected that the player with 20 ms ping to win. He's just gonna see first the one with 120ms ping.
Want to fix this? Good luck, the game will become a lag fest caused by the players with high ping/unstable internet connection. So you tell me how you properly evaluate those players skills? Because in your evaluation you will evaluate one of the player ping and the result is not his real skill level because when he will move closer to the game server (lowering his ping) he will just spike in his skill level not because he improved but because of a better internet connection.

The elo used in chess works in chess fine, but if you try to implement it in pc games it will most likely fail.
Chess is 1 vs 1 game and in normal conditions there is no 3rd person interfering. This is actualy one of the most important differences.
Proper chess is played face to face. There is no hardware involved to affect performance, this is another important difference.

You can't implement the elo from chess in Heartstone for example. Yes Heartstone is a 1 vs 1 game, but in Heartstone if you spend $ you can just have a better deck than someone that just doesn't spend a single coin in it, so if you just try to use the elo from chess in Heartstone you are also evaluating the $ spend in the game by a player not only his skill level. With the guides for decks you don't really evaluate a player skill level because picking the cards for your deck is also part of your skill level.
And Heartstone is an easy case because it doesn't depend on ping, it's a 1 vs 1 game and you can play it with 20 fps. It depends on connection stability an the money you spend in the game.

Teamfight Tactics it's unfair by design the rounds when you have to wait for others to pick a champ makes if unfair because they have the chance to pick a better champ or/and better item before you, not to mention the rng that can easily make you unable to build anything in that game. The rng applies to Dota Underlords. And those are 1 vs 1 games.
In a free for all game if I'm allowed to play in a party with a friend or more then we can act like a squad and happy kill around players because we are more. You can say it's matchmaking manipulation. Is it? When the game allowed me to party and play in same instance with my friends the game developers were fully aware that my friends can just let me kill them to boost my ranking and that we can squad it to be the last ones alive. So there is no matchmaking manipulation at all cause the developer itself allow it to happen. (Sure you will say that your friends lose ranking, sure but maybe they are just better than me and want to boost me and they will recover the ranking when they play without me.)

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.

I watched a console pleb turn sensitivity in Metro Exodus to maximum. :laugh: I showed him Payday 2 on PC w/ keyboard/mouse and explained why I don't FPS with a controller. His mind was blown.

FPS + controller = frustrating for people who know how to FPS on keyboard/mouse. It's like having a Bugatti Veyron but can only go the posted speed limit.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
In an online shooter there is no way to eliminate imbalance no matter what you do.

Very correct, so it's a good idea to not add to it more than necessary.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
This r dum. Anyone can buy a keyboard and mouse for less than the cost of a controller.