• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Retailers are Buying AMD RX Vega 64 at $675 Each

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
There are some very interesting undervolting tests going on at OCUK's forums at the moment (Vega owner's thread).

Results (stability to be determined) are showing massively less power draw and consistently keeping max boos clocks (1630MHz on AIO) for overall the same or better performance at much cooler temps with less power.

Wattman and the drivers still seem to be a rushed mess, so I would think things can only improve from here, if the pricing can be sorted.
Do you have a link to that post or article? I would likely read some news and hints and how that power consumption is handled. Not that I care much about the power consumption but it would be nice to see lower figures in that department.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
That's the dumbest idea I've heard this year lol.

Firstly, Vega 64/56 are already two of the worst cards going for mining performance compared to price and power consumption. Secondly, it's not miners buying them it's gamers and professional users. Thirdly, crippling the cards compute performance would make it useless for anything but games, so there go the professional sales that are currently keeping the ship afloat (and there's no guarantee that would drive those sales to the Vega FE and not the Titan).
yeah, weve been waiting days for mr someoneorother to get back to us on mining performance. From the numbers we have seen, ROI is a lot longer on these cards...

...but still waiting for something concrete.

Interesting theory in the first post considering its ROI is higher...

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
I got my Vega 64 for 507€, so those of you bitching about the price, why don't you find a respectable retailer ?
The only possible scenario is getting a pre-order w/ AMD promo discount from a single french online store, and those cards aren't shipping until at least mid-september, and it's limited to a grand-total of 137 lucky customers (according to their leaflet).
So, the chances of you being a current owner of a 508€ RX Vega 64 are so slim, that I would say with certainty that you don't have it.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
AMD wants to make money and whetever price they put on Vega 64, gamers will look elsewhere. Why? Because even if AMD decides to sell ALL Vega cards at their $399 or $499 points, Nvidia can come up with price reductions for their 1070 and 1080 models, making AMD bleeding money everytime they sell give away a Vega card. Even if Nvidia doesn't do a move, people will still keep buying GeForce cards because "they need less power and produce less heat". People will always find an excuse to go with Nvidia or Intel brands. If you don't believe me, just look how fast many people change their stance about Ryzen cpus, now that Intel is promising more cores.

Another thought. Let's say that AMD, or it's partners like Sapphire, sells the Vega 64 at $450 to the retailer and the retailer, because of mining craze, sells at $700. Who makes the more money? But if AMD, or it's partner, sells the majority of cards at $675 and only offers limited quantities at $499, then they can make some money. The retailers of course will come out crying because they wouldn't be able to enjoy huge(for an electronic device) profit margins.

AMD knows that Vega will sell to miners, to movie studios and professionals as Frontier, FirePro, SSG, Instinct, whatever pro card. And they probably already know that it is a lost cause to try to sell this card at significant quantities to gamers. So they try to sell Vega RX in a way that wouldn't cost them money and would help their partners that sell ONLY AMD cards make some money themselves. AMD puts it's financials and it's partners at top, leaving the retailers crying and gamers unsatisfied and angry. Well, I don't see something wrong here, at least from a business perspective. Gamers will come back when AMD will be ready to offer a true gaming card. For now they don't have the money to offer true gaming products. Both Ryzen and Vega are pro products, not so much for gamers.

PS I try to explain AMD's actions, NOT give excuses. They should have come out and say from the beginning that, because of the cost of the card to make and uncertainties with VRAM pricing, they can only offer limited amount of cards at discounts.

Considering the comments made in the article about what AMD could possibly do to mitigate this problem, "hard" work would have been getting a comment from AMD about pricing and what they can do about it, like a lot of other sites have managed to do in the last couple of days.

The poor soul who might lose his job, took it into his own hands when he leaked the invoice.

Its your site, and yes, you can do what you want with it, and its users.
I'd say swinging the banhammer is not an appropriate response, but you can do what you want with it.

edit : Whatever happened to Mods editing out what they consider insults in peoples posts ? I'd rather see a "Insults removed" and a PM, than a swing of the Banhammer.

Especially when anyone with a re-seller license / certificate / permit # can buy 2 cards. Could be a construction worker that needed 2 vega cards or a work from home mom selling jewelry as long as you have a # you can buy from distributors for whole sale. The only facts that picture shows is that 2 Sapphires were sold one time to someone with a seller # from the NJ branch and they had to be shipped from their HQ in CA San Jose.

Which is why I asked what the source of the photo was.

CmputrBlu

Retailers are buying cards for $675 only to turn around and sell them for $689-$699? Is that the profit margin these days. Seems to me you already sold these cards in your shop if you're buying just two. Or you're hoping to make a decent profit. Otherwise doesn't seem worth even placing the order

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
This is such a mess. I'm here, hoping for a gpu gen that would be like the radeon hd 4000 money wise, but isntead we are getting years old gpu with inflated price, when they are getting closer and closer to their end life, or brand new gpu with both inflated price and nothing really impressive to show.

Yhea Vega is a compute beast, but cuda is still what's more used (pixar renderman added a denoiser who's only working with cuda, most of the gpu redering software are cuda based and/or the open cl version is limited.) Unlike big studio, the average client can't tweak his software to work better with open cl, so while vega is a bargain for studios, it's not that great for the average joe.

And we may have forgotten this, but the new Imac pro is coming with vega gpu in December, so i'm guessing that a fair amount of vega silicon is being shared by gamers, hollywood, pro and apple. The thing is , I'm not seeing apple putting vega in something as slim as an Imac with the current power draw and heat. They must have tweaked it to be more efficent, but for some reason AMD didn't take any clue from them.

Vega is a nice piece of tech, but the last few weeks showed that AMD didn't take the time to refine it, it's costly to make, and doesn't look like it's ready for the gaming market. Vega is just too much for someone who would just want to game, all the Teraflops, all the benefit of HBM2, and the AI, seems waisted.

The Asus strix has been tested , and the power draw is worse than the reference model.

Processor AMD R7 3800X EKWB
Motherboard Asus Tuf B450M-Pro µATX +MosfetWB (x2)
Cooling EKWB on CPU + GPU / Heatkiller 60/80 on Mosfets / Black Ice SR-1 240mm
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill DDR4 3200C14 @ ----
Video Card(s) Vega64 EKWB
Storage Samsung 512GB NVMe 3.0 x4 / Crucial P1 1TB NVMe 3.0 x2
Display(s) Asus ProArt 23" 1080p / Acer 27" 144Hz FreeSync IPS
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini R2
Power Supply SeaSonic 850W
Keyboard Ducky One TKL / MX Brown
The only possible scenario is getting a pre-order w/ AMD promo discount from a single french online store, and those cards aren't shipping until at least mid-september, and it's limited to a grand-total of 137 lucky customers (according to their leaflet).
So, the chances of you being a current owner of a 508€ RX Vega 64 are so slim, that I would say with certainty that you don't have it.

There are two online stores in France doing the same price, afaik, LDLC and hardware.fr.
I got mine at LDLC, and it was delivered monday.
My EK Waterblock was delivered yesterday.

When I ordered it, it was stated as being available within 7-15 days.

You can still pre-order the Vega64 for 508€, so the price isn't a problem, just the supply problem. All the Vega cards are stated as being available in "more than 15 days".
I don't see any limit on the number of customers who are eligible, I even tried my best to see when the "special offer" would end, and could not find any reference to a date limit on their site.
Hardware.fr shop may have had a customer limit, but not that I have seen or heard of.

c0d3x5

It's all lies....

Ryzen flopped, so they are trying to get their money.

AMD wants to make money and whetever price they put on Vega 64, gamers will look elsewhere. Why? Because even if AMD decides to sell ALL Vega cards at their $399 or $499 points, Nvidia can come up with price reductions for their 1070 and 1080 models, making AMD bleeding money everytime they sell give away a Vega card. Even if Nvidia doesn't do a move, people will still keep buying GeForce cards because "they need less power and produce less heat". People will always find an excuse to go with Nvidia or Intel brands. If you don't believe me, just look how fast many people change their stance about Ryzen cpus, now that Intel is promising more cores.

Another thought. Let's say that AMD, or it's partners like Sapphire, sells the Vega 64 at $450 to the retailer and the retailer, because of mining craze, sells at $700. Who makes the more money? But if AMD, or it's partner, sells the majority of cards at $675 and only offers limited quantities at $499, then they can make some money. The retailers of course will come out crying because they wouldn't be able to enjoy huge(for an electronic device) profit margins.

AMD knows that Vega will sell to miners, to movie studios and professionals as Frontier, FirePro, SSG, Instinct, whatever pro card. And they probably already know that it is a lost cause to try to sell this card at significant quantities to gamers. So they try to sell Vega RX in a way that wouldn't cost them money and would help their partners that sell ONLY AMD cards make some money themselves. AMD puts it's financials and it's partners at top, leaving the retailers crying and gamers unsatisfied and angry. Well, I don't see something wrong here, at least from a business perspective. Gamers will come back when AMD will be ready to offer a true gaming card. For now they don't have the money to offer true gaming products. Both Ryzen and Vega are pro products, not so much for gamers.

PS I try to explain AMD's actions, NOT give excuses. They should have come out and say from the beginning that, because of the cost of the card to make and uncertainties with VRAM pricing, they can only offer limited amount of cards at discounts.

Retailers are buying cards for $675 only to turn around and sell them for $689-$699? Is that the profit margin these days. Seems to me you already sold these cards in your shop if you're buying just two. Or you're hoping to make a decent profit. Otherwise doesn't seem worth even placing the order

AMD is still selling the cards at the regular price.
Any price increase is not on their end, it is on the retailers end, gouging out the users wallets.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
There are two online stores in France doing the same price, afaik, LDLC and hardware.fr.
I got mine at LDLC, and it was delivered monday.
My EK Waterblock was delivered yesterday.

When I ordered it, it was stated as being available within 7-15 days.

You can still pre-order the Vega64 for 508€, so the price isn't a problem, just the supply problem. All the Vega cards are stated as being available in "more than 15 days".
I don't see any limit on the number of customers who are eligible, I even tried my best to see when the "special offer" would end, and could not find any reference to a date limit on their site.
Hardware.fr shop may have had a customer limit, but not that I have seen or heard of.
It's ending the 15 september for 137 orders.
https://media.ldlc.com/bo/file/fiches/odr/amd/leaflet-amd_vega.pdf

And LDLC and shop.hardware.fr are pretty much the same store, the product they are selling, and their stock are way too similar to be really 2 different store. hardware.fr only seems to have lower price, but they must be sharing the same warehouse.

Last edited:
There's so much BS in this thread it's staggering.

1) We don't know for sure how many units AMD have shipped - it might be several thousand units - of course the prices will go up. AMD hasn't revealed any exact numbers.
2) The truth is most AMD cards are used for mining as indicated by Steam HW survey. This whole "give gamers RX Vegas is just BS".

Screenshot_2017-08-24_11-20-19.png

3) Miners are much better off with Polaris cards.
4) Ethereum mining is not as profitable as it was 2-3 months ago, because the difficulty has increased threefold for this period, so blaming miners for everything is very far fetched.
5) RX Vega simply sucks for gaming.

This whole "drama" is too much ado about nothing.

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.
The premium isn't spread across everyone, AMD gets the same share for one card sold for $500 and the same model sold for $1000 in another store. The question here is who takes the premium. Usually it's the stores, but it can also be the wholesalers or AIB partners. And of course AMD could also be lying, but I've not seen the evidence for that yet.

Then again, I see no reason for them to take action against that (other than losing their reputation amongst gamers). They sell all the cards they are able to produce for the price they are charging for it.

It's ending the 15 september for 137 orders.
https://media.ldlc.com/bo/file/fiches/odr/amd/leaflet-amd_vega.pdf

And LDLC and shop.hardware.fr are pretty much the same store, the product they are selling, and their stock are way too similar to be really 2 different store. hardware.fr only seems to have lower price, but they must be sharing the same warehouse.

Ah, When I click on the special offer link that comes up now.
It didn't when I bought the card, and for the next few days.
The wording is a bit weird though, as it states limited to 137 usages (utilisations), rather than limited to 137 customers (clients or acheteurs)....That could be construed to mean you could buy 137 cards at that price, and no more (very illogical, i know, but the wording isn't clear).
i suspect you are right though, and it is limited to only 137 customers.

I did order on the monday, early afternoon iirc (well, as soon as I saw it in stock). i almost sh!t myself when i saw the prices, and then thankfully saw the rebate price.
If there was no rebate, I would have just gone for the Liquid edition, seeing as they were ALL at 749€, no matter which vega you were getting (Black/Limited/liquid).

edit : The prices seem to be a bit better now, but the limited edition aircooled is still the same price as the liquid cooled one...

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
....the new Amd:

(only comic book readers may get this)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'll just say this

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Jesus what has happen to my TPU?!

@W1zzard @btarunr I got busted up for fighting with people more than once on TPU. Yeah, and a good amount of times it was 100% on me for trolling. But, dammit I trolled with honor! With that being said you guys have more mods than ever and the riff raff comes in here and starts insulting all the staff. More and more everyday! Things didn't used to be this way. There used to be a balance. You guys should let me off the leash like the old days. Ill have 90% of these noobs raging quitting life.

On a side note to the staff. Keep killing it guys. The old school guys are still here and got your back.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
There's so much BS in this thread it's staggering.

1) We don't know for sure how many units AMD have shipped - it might be several thousand units - of course the prices will go up. AMD hasn't revealed any exact numbers.
2) The truth is most AMD cards are used for mining as indicated by Steam HW survey. This whole "give gamers RX Vegas is just BS".

View attachment 91411

3) Miners are much better off with Polaris cards.
4) Ethereum mining is not as profitable as it was 2-3 months ago, because the difficulty has increased threefold for this period, so blaming miners for everything is very far fetched.
5) RX Vega simply sucks for gaming.

This whole "drama" is too much ado about nothing.
i like the thoughts... but its one hell of a leap to say look at a steam survey a week or two after a card releases, nkt see many on there and think they went mining. Ill let you figure out the large gaps between those two things.

Last edited:
System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High
AMD is so full of shit. Just the day before they claim that the high prices were because of demand. Now the truth comes out, again.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
So many RTG supporters completely rid of critical thinking capabilities. RTG would put a Vega sticker on a turd and these people would still defend it.

Take a fu*cking minute to think about it, what does TPU have to gain by publishing this? Endangering its relationship with a major GPU manufacturer. TPU is trying to dig into this whole shitshow of RTG's Vega for the fu*cking sake of consumers.

And hey, I don't see a lot of you lovers of RTG buying a Vega card. How about putting your money where you mouth is first? You support RTG by purchasing their Vega and then we can talk.

Especially when anyone with a re-seller license / certificate / permit # can buy 2 cards. Could be a construction worker that needed 2 vega cards or a work from home mom selling jewelry as long as you have a # you can buy from distributors for whole sale. The only facts that picture shows is that 2 Sapphires were sold one time to someone with a seller # from the NJ branch and they had to be shipped from their HQ in CA San Jose.

Which is why I asked what the source of the photo was.

Wizzard already stated early in the thread,

"It is a well-known store with physical and online presence"

So many RTG supporters completely rid of critical thinking capabilities. RTG would put a Vega sticker on a turd and these people would still defend it.

Take a fu*cking minute to think about it, what does TPU have to gain by publishing this? Endangering its relationship with a major GPU manufacturer. TPU is trying to dig into this whole shitshow of RTG's Vega for the fu*cking sake of consumers.

And hey, I don't see a lot of you lovers of RTG buying a Vega card. How about putting your money where you mouth is first? You support RTG by purchasing their Vega and then we can talk.

Bought and delivered.
The one thing that should have been done, is asked AMD about it, maybe even showed them the photo, and asked for a comment on that.

You have a very good point that TPU has nothing to gain from this, apart from clicks and page visits.
There is a lot to lose though, and basically saying AMD should gimp their cards or BIOS's.

For AMD, a card sold, is a card sold, be it to a Miner, or a Gamer, = money in the bank.
AMD do not seem to sell cards directly to end users, so if anyone is to blame, its the retailers and distributors, not AMD or RTG.

One rule of fabrication (and distribution), is not to produce too many of them. Unsold stock is the worst possible thing you can have.
Sold out stock, is usually the best thing to have, just not on release day.....

edit : just one last thing, The picture shows only two being ordered. Is it possible that these are for two liquid Cooled cards ? Wouldn't $675 be not too bad for those ?
I mean, it doesn't explicitly show if its aircooled or liquid cooled in the invoice, as far as i can see...

Last edited:
Just to show how much of an effect mining has had ~

As JPR writes: the chart shows, this is the first time in over 20 years that Q2 has seen an increase in shipments, and never one this dramatic. The big difference is the impact Bitcoin, Ethereum and other coin miners are having on the market. Why Ethereum? There was a similar uptick in GPU sales for Bitcoin and Litcoin mining 2013. It drove up sales of GPUs and especially AMD GPUs because of AMD’s GCN architecture favored mining. Low cost application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) were then employed to do the job and that boom went bust, much to the relief of gamers looking for better deals on GPUs. Bitcoin miners who had built large GPU structures for mining, dumped their AIBs on eBay, cannibalizing the GPU market for a couple of quarters. Due to the architecture of Ethereum, that won’t happen.
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/31-more-graphics-cards-sold-thanks-to-mining.html

Wonder how can anyone defend miners now :rolleyes: