• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Reuters] USA Congress sets sights on federal cryptocurrency rules

Space Lynx

Astronaut
http://internal.www.reuters.com/art...SKCN1G31AG?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

Even free-market Republican conservatives, normally wary of government red tape, said regulation could be needed if cryptocurrencies threaten the U.S. economy.

“There’s no question about the fact that there is a need for a regulatory framework,” said Republican Senator Mike Rounds, a Senate Banking Committee member.

And so it has begun... after all the fees and taxes and regulation incoming... Bitcoin is either going to have to become the currency it can't become, or make way for a new coin to become king. My money is still on Monero or Zcash. ANON is the only future if you want to trade in a block chain without government oversight, which is what the whole point of Bitcoin was to begin with, to break away from the big banks.

D

Deleted member 67555

This whole crypto currency it's beginning to follow the same path the "world wide web" did in the 90's...
Before long h you'll have to buy a license to mine.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
It has nothing to do with threatening the economy... :roll:it's about the government wanting a piece of the pie.