• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries SteelPad 5L

SteelSeries has been manufacturing gaming gear for the gaming enthusiast for half a decade. The SteelPad 5L is the latest incarnation of there SteelSeries gaming surface series and today we take the SteelPad 5L for a test drive. The gaming surface at first glance looks like the typical cloth type mouse pads of back in the day when we all had roller style mouses and input devices. The cushion layer thats between the surface and backing resembles a thin layer of neoprene, so the surface has a stiff but sponge like feel to it. The surface is comfortable and smooth to the touch. Let's have a look.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

D_o_S

Processor AMD Opteron 144
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling Watercooled - Alphacool Nexxxos XP, BIX2, Eheim HPPS
Memory 2x 512MB OCZ PC 3200EL Platinum Rev.2 (TCCD)
Video Card(s) 2x Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra (430/1200)
Storage 4x WD Raptor 740GD in RAID 0
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan L768
Case CM Stacker
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Power Supply Silverstone Zeus ST65ZF
Nice review :)

One more thing regarding durability. I don't have this mousepad, but I have a Steelpad S&S (which works great with my G5). What I really dislike about my mat (and probably yours too, unless Steelpad has changed their manufacturing process) is the rubber sprayed over the bottom. I've had my S&S for about a year now, and the rubber is slowly starting to come off, and the mouse is more vulnerable to sliding all over the place now.

Well D_o_S i know exactly what you are talking about. The rubber on the bottom seems more sturdy than on the S&S. I dont think it will be a problem like with the S&S but i can't really be sure !