1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rift - Planes of Telara

Discussion in 'Games' started by kuroikenshi, Feb 9, 2011.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i really like it, surprised blizzard didnt come up with it first

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    agreed

3. freakshow

freakshow

Thanks Received:
    i just got this game ( literally about 5 mins go ) what can i accept from this game?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Reventon

Reventon New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I see videos of this game, it reminds me WAY too much of WoW. They could have changed some aspects of it at least.

5. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    I helped found a guild with a couple of real life friends on Todrin. We've picked up a lot of people thanks to my friend running around throwing invites to every non-guild person out there :laugh: Surprisingly, we have a lot of active and helpful guild members. Forget guild recruiting macros, they're lame :p

I personally really enjoy the game. Guild leveling is A LOT better than it is on WoW, and the coin lock feature is a great addition for security. The community on Todrin is nice, and the economy is finally viable. Defiant dominates PvP, and I greatly enjoy reaping the rewards.

6. freakshow

freakshow

Thanks Received:
    well i dont know anybody that plays this game soo yea lol but like to make some friends :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. MLG The Canadian

MLG The Canadian New Member

Thanks Received:
    I quit it about a week ago, pretty fun though if you can find people to play with.

8. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    I don't have any problems with my radeon 4850 on ultra settings on 1920x1080. Proly because it runs fine on dx10 but does the game even have 11 support?

9. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Our guild has over 400 members now. I'm waiting for the first 30 days to expire because I figure a lot of people won't re-sub.

Since i didn't play WoW past the trial; to me Rift is very much it's own game. WoW looked like shit and I couldn't get into it because of the poor visuals and character models. Rift looks awesome though and has great gameplay, tons of content, and ultimately is fun.

10. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    So dinged my second toon to 50 got 2 RL friends starting this weekend were going to trio a Dominator (me), a Bard, and Paladin, should be an interesting combo, if nothing else a great cheese team.

11. lemode

Thanks Received:
    I love annoying the hell out of people on my mage with dominator! Transmogrify is such an abusive power and I proudly abuse the hell out of it. What the devs were thinking (allowing to) make it have no cast/cooldown time blows my mind. I get lots of lols @ the yells I get in WFs or world PvP.

I actually enjoy my mage more than my Rogue by far. It’s mad fun, good dmg, and yeah my HP sucks but goodness when I have a good team with a good healer…I go apesh*t! Stormcaller/Chloromancer - Pyromancer/Archon/Archmage are dope for team PvP. I wish I had like 10 roles available because I have like 10 different PvP builds I’d consistently use! Don’t get me started on dueling builds too because that would require 3-5 more roles lulz.

12. MLG The Canadian

Thanks Received:
    It's a DX9 engine. Very outdated.

Pretty crazy that you have no troubles (by no troubles I'm assuming you mean 60 fps constant at full ultra settings) with a 4850.

13. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    We started yesterday, and OMG this team is so cheese, Paladin grabs and keeps hate on anything, the bard heals and buffs, while I can do crazy DPS and CC I went Dominator / stormcaller / chloromancer , it is by far the most OP's combo, we actually found a 32 (we were 25 -26) gaurdian flagged PVP and we rolled it so hard was a rouge DPS of some kind or maybe a RS even but yeah it was rape, as soon as he started DPSing one of us down we I would CC heal us all up and then we would dps him down it took about 2 mins but was hillarious as he rezed 4 times before finally giving up.

Dominator is by far my fav mage class so far. :rockout:

14. lemode

Thanks Received:
    For team PvP stormcaller is aoe king…you can bottleneck everyone on the bridge @50 on port scion with hailstorm and lightning storm and do tons of dmg.

Most people play pyromancer for burst. Pyromancer with 44 points invested you get ground of power can save you from rogues with its damage reduction/anti-cc.

Chloromancer is what healing should be in this game…it’s not nearly as powerful as the cleric healing builds. I think Chloromancer should be in every mage’s build for survival.

Dominator is fun and great for team PvP, controlling fang carriers insta squirrel for the lulz. However alone it lacks major damage but insta damaging knockback is nice.

Archon was nerfed to hell from beta 7 to live as well. I have it in my pyro/archmage build for the 5% fire damage now…will spec out of it later as I won’t need that.

Warlock/Chloromancer will be my end build that I use for roaming around as I don’t like to PvP standing still or in a stupid green bubble (pyromancers).

Necromancer and Elemental Summoner are both PvE to me. You won’t see mages with their pets out @ 50 really unless they are scrubs who don’t know any better. Necro is good for solo leveling with warlock and elemental summoning is good for solo leveling with stormcaller. Pet tanks.

If you have a team of class competent friends to play with, archmage isn’t really needed. But I like having break free personally and that +15% damage option is good too esp for my warlock/chloro combo.

There are way more combos you can put together with mage than you can with my rogue that are actually viable for PvP later on.

My last post was all about wishing I had more roles to play with have set up so I could switch out to on the fly. I constantly switch roles for PvP something I really don’t do with my rogue. I have 3 PvP builds but really only use 1 with her.

I like that there is a lack of 'that cookie cutter build' in this game. Every thing has a counter...find it yourself (in general not you personally :laugh:). Personally I can take down any non mana draining warrior 1v1 no problem. Them relying on titan strike is funny to me. I was bored with the game but turns out i just wasn't into the Rogue. Mage is money.

15. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Flippin' awesomeness. Game is great IMO. I recommend rolling Guardian as a tank-type or healing soul setup. Fun, fun fun, and you will always be wanted for instances.

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  16. MLG The Canadian

Thanks Received:
    I can't get into Rogue. I'm 22 but it just isn't that fun.

Any suggestions for a more fun class/profession build?

17. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    cancelled today, level 50 endgame is practically non existant

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. MLG The Canadian

Thanks Received:
    I figured as much.

I'm thinking of starting up my EVE account again.

19. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    define end-game for me. after which tier of exos?

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Bad server ?

There is plenty to do at 50 on my server.

21. lemode

Thanks Received:
    Saboteur is good for PvE and PvP till 1.1 rolls out. My lvl 50 rogue has a hybrid Assassin/Sab/Infiltrator role and I love it. But of course that will change and there won’t be any real viable PvP souls for rogue after 1.1 is released. Marksman was my favorite sole in beta but they nerfed the hell out of it before launch. It’s basically Nightblade to take out healers (but I can’t stand nightblade). Assassin doesn’t have the necessary tools to take down a cleric alone. All in all I don’t like my rogue @ 50 and there are soooooooooooo many on my server.

Basically comes down to I should have rolled a warrior/mage/cleric from day 1.

I have to agree. I don’t belong to a guild (all defiant guilds on my server are a joke) so I am unable to complete T1’s & T2’s and compete with the countless other rogues who try to pug to get their raid gear and I genuinely don’t give a crap about raid gear since I just care about PvP. Having said that, PvP is a joke on a PvP server and in general in this game. All brackets never really change from 10-50 they do get worse the more abilities each class gets. And there’s only 4 maps to pick between. Open world PvP doesn’t exist and I get /yelled at called pathetic if I engage anyone lower level than me (since they are all I can find) all 50’s do is sit in Meridian/Sanctum and if 50’s are out it’s like 10-1 lolz. Once you hit prestige cap there’s still really no difference…valor doesn’t really make that much difference for a rogue. So hundreds of thousands of favor saved and spent and it doesn’t really make a bit of difference. I canceled my sub…I feel I got to experience the game…and most MMOs fail within the 1st month…I had fun while it lasted and that’s it I won’t log in beyond the 3rd and I will happily wait till SW:TOR is released and forget about this POS game all together.

Honestly other than get raid gear what else is there to do beyond 50? The answer is not much. After figuring out all the stupid ‘puzzles’ in game what I said above is really completing everything available to lvl 50’s. This game does not have any staying power. I also spent 189 hours leveling a char just to have it nerfed completely and the only viable PvP sole torn down all together. They destroy they don’t really know how to tweak. The mage is kind of boring in the 40-49 bracket and it’s not the reason I bought the game…the rogue was. So after the 3rd I don’t see a reason to stay with them. And I sincerely feel that this game will fizzle out hardcore after the 3rd. I give it a year and a half (if that) to shut down all together.

22. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    ^ u mad bro? probably played it too damn much. I'd get sick of anything if I played it 10 hours a day.

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. MLG The Canadian

Thanks Received:
    He's right Ninkobwi. It doesn't have enough content. It never brought me in the way that other MMO's did, and it hasn't kept me interested either.

24. lemode

Thanks Received:

1st and foremost all MMOs are timesinks. You have to invest lots of time even to get 1 char to max to experience end game content. In beta caps are often low like 40 (42 in rift and you don't experience end game at 42) so unless you participated in alpha...you don't really get to see real end game content. In this case I had no idea what end game content would really be.

2nd by not playing tthe game at the pace other players do in MMOs you honestly miss out on spontanious things that happen. I always feel bad for people who play later because they don't experience what I got to experience. Half the fun is keeping up with tons of other people. That's more fun that actually hitting max level but never lasts. I have played enough online games to know that happens in 90% of them. Like on my server now, no one raids rifts anymore. I am stuck @ 7000 planarite...so I can't even get my flawless source engine. I missed out because I started playing a warrior once I hit 40 on my rogue...got that to 20 then went back.

Lastly, I invest plenty of time into games. I played city of every day for a year straight. Only after the PvP crowd left completely did I get sick of it. So no...I actually barely played this game when comparing it to other MMOs/games. 180 hours versus 200+ hours to hit max means that you can hit the level cap toooooo easily as well.

You're not as hardcore as I am and that's cool not everyone is the same way. But to answer your question no I am not mad, I got to experience the game.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  25. kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Thanks Received:
    Still been playing the game a good amount. I have alt-ites though! The sudden sickness of making too many characters!

I would probably be close to 50 as well if I didnt have my others but its still good fun.

For those that dont hve enough to do at 50, have you guys seen the preview for patch 1.1? Does that tickle your fancy at all?

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.