• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rift - Planes of Telara

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W @4.3GHz
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan
Memory (16Gb) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Storage (2X) Kingston 120GB SSD in RAID 0 & WD Caviar 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Display(s) VIZIO M321i-A2 32-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV
Case NZXT Source 210 ELITE Midtower Case with 3.0 USB - Black
Audio Device(s) Creative 7.1 PCI Express Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W
Software Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
My cleric does HoTs (Heals over time) and instant cast heals.

This.

Since I am still leveling though I still need some defensive spells to survive. Would like your opinion.

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
It depends on how you want to play your Cleric and what spec you are using it for. Is it for healing? Dps? Tanking? Also depends on your playstyle. My cleric does HoTs (Heals over time) and instant cast heals.

EDIT: i was wondering what those of you play think... there was a lengthy thread that talked about you playing a role that you didnt enjoy just to get into a group to get gear.

So if you were a DPS Rogue whether Melee or ranged and you didnt have/want to play a Bard spec.

I think its great to learn the different abilities and rolls that a class can be. If you can understand a mechanic of a certain role I think it helps you be a better player especially in PvP since you will be familiar with what the other players are trying to do. Also it makes you more appealable to others who are looking for more people for a gorup. I think thta if you are more versitile and have the ability to help the group out when they need it, that it just makes you look better.

I have no problem being DPS but if they need some off heals, BAM, I go to Bard and help the group out. I think a lot of people are too selfish in not wanting to help the group out if they dont get to play their favorite spec. When they do that they may get kicked from the group or not invited at all. Now if they did play the other spec and they are the only class there. Guess what happens if loot for your class drops? That's right you get it, so now you can play your favorite spec out of that group and have gear for it.

In anycase thats just my outlook on it. Anyone else on the opposite spectrum?

Well in my humble opinion, one of the best things about this game is that there is no one "correct" answer to class specs, and hybrids are very viable. I personally prefer to play bard, but am not opposed to going night blade or even saboture, but the whole "what is best for the group" thing really rubs me the wrong way and over all is what attarcted me to the game is that there are so many ways to play the game and to be viable.

Now IMO bard needs both a hit buff and a damage buff because as a bard outside of my guild even though I am 3/5 of greenscale and insanely geared outside of certain instances I am blackballed as a bard but that is neither here not there as far as the discussion goes.

They still have some balancing issues, but it is somewhat negated by the ability to adjust to the situation at hand by changing you spec, but at the same time to me as I said, this game is all about playing how you want and still being viable and accepted in the end game and pvp, rather than there being a stream of cookie cutter flavor of the month toons or be shunned cuz your healing or dps is weak.

This.

Since I am still leveling though I still need some defensive spells to survive. Would like your opinion.

If your set on going druid, and dont mind it being pet centric, I recommend Druid / Shaman / Sentinal , now if you want great survivability with benifits of no down time while waiting for mana and pasive healing like a bard (but not as much as a bard), Justicar / Druid / Shaman might be the way to go for you. These are both solid solo specs imo, and as such should be something you look into.

Last edited:
System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Well in my humble opinion, one of the best things about this game is that there is no one "correct" answer to class specs, and hybrids are very viable.

^QFT

I thought about unsubbing and not playing beyond the 1st month. But honestly, I do love my mage. Hybridization and certain pure builds are so much fun within the Mage class. Dominator/Stormcaller/Pyromancer/Chloromancer/Warlock I love them all and know them all well.

I plan on casually working on a cleric next. I love their rank 6 PvP armor but highly doubt I will ever get there with that toon. I have seen my buddys Inquisitor AOE farming build and it’s pretty sweet. But he’s too selfish to heal in PvP or Dungeons which is what people SHOULD be doing with clerics instead of DPS. Lots of warriors made cleric alts for some reason (i am pretty sure the people who DPS as a cleric just have HUGE e-peens and want to brag about it when the mechanics always will make it in your favor and that you will always be that self healing toon that will beat/outlast a toon unable to heal itself, duh). I love how mouthy DPSing and self healing clerics are (sarcasm).

I will probably be here as long as queues pop for lvl 50 PvP or till they nerf every build I enjoy due to QQers.

Processor Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W @4.3GHz
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory (16Gb) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
Storage (2X) Kingston 120GB SSD in RAID 0 & WD Caviar 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
My druid and sentinel trees are coming along nicely. Can't wait to start healing in dungeons. I don't even know where any are. XD (Level 13)

Yeah I don't know how long I will be playing this. Probably up till SW: The Old Republic comes out or if I get a beta key then I may stop Rift. We will see. :)

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
I run inquis/sent in dungeons and it works pretty well. In AOE fights I typically top damage, and can dish out 440~ DPS on single mob fights. It's not quite up to par with the nigh-700 dps of a nightblade, but in the event of an emergency - like the healer bites the dust- I can keep the tank up.

Of course I have a good healing spec too, and actually prefer to heal, but to say clerics cant be useful outside their healing role is just idiocracy.

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
Cooling Case fans, Zalman HSF
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 1333 Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor ATi Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders)
Storage Samsung 2TB 5400RPM, 1.5 TB Seagate 7200RPM, 500 GB WD Caviar Green
Display(s) AOC e2243Fw 21.5" Monitor
Power Supply Antec TruePower TP-650 650W
Software Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
My druid and sentinel trees are coming along nicely. Can't wait to start healing in dungeons. I don't even know where any are. XD (Level 13)

You won't see the first dungeon until about level 16 or 17, Iron Tomb. There should be a TON of IT parties out there since the game is still fairly new and there are a lot of new players.

Currently I'm looking for something to compliment my Saboteur. I had Hunter previously for the pet but at level 42 both pets (I had 16 or so points in Hunter) are capped at level 30 and 34 respectively. They don't do much of anything against 41+ mobs. Without taking points out of my Sab tree I can't get a bigger pet unless I devote 24 points to Hunter; that isn't going to happen simply because Hunter is USELESS for Sab except for the pet.

Right now I'm trying a Sab/Bard combo for the extra armor and buffs from Bard. My second Role is 100% Bard so it goes without saying that I'm disappointed with the buffs I get with 15-16 points into Bard vs. 42 points in Bard. I was trying it simply to see if it would suffice to replace my pet (or lack thereof). On top of that without all the points I need my GOOD buffs only last 15 seconds, not 30 like my full Bard role. This hinders nuking mobs because I have to keep track of that as well as my bombs...

The only other viable sole I can consider teaming up with my Sab I think is Marksman, the problem is I hear marksman sucks. In addition I don't need any more ranged attacks/attacks that stack combo points, Saboteur does that well enough already. Melee souls won't help much, will they? I only really need more defense because my pet is no longer there to take the hits for me.

Sorry for the long post :laugh: I'm just at a crossroads. Riftstalker looks like it would be a good pair with the additional endurance and armor granted, what do you guys think?

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard
but to say clerics cant be useful outside their healing role is just idiocracy.

I don't know who would say that. For compitent team PvP a cabalist heavy spec is seriously necessary. Maelstrom, Undertow, and Surge paired with a Pyro and Stormcaller = death. For those unfamiliar, it’s basically an AOE pull to a targeted location. Up to 5 people (on the opposing side) are lifted into the air and placed on targeted location while snared upon landing. Exceptionally useful.

Currently I'm looking for something to compliment my Saboteur.
The only other viable sole I can consider teaming up with my Sab I think is Marksman, the problem is I hear marksman sucks.

*snip*Riftstalker looks like it would be a good pair with the additional endurance and armor granted, what do you guys think?

I only use Sab now for runners with my 51 points invested into Assassin build. It’s a deadly combo period.

Assassin Nighblade is another combo I like. You get range and can take out healing classes with Fell Blades.

Marksman isn’t that bad…it isn’t what it was in Beta but that’s ok. I can still get many kills with my MM/Ranger/Infiltrator build.

Riftstalker is great for Tanking and utter mobilization as you can teleport across a map pretty damn fast. You have a recall position that takes you back to a marked place on your map. I see this being used by crystal runners in Battle for Port Scion all the time.The damage is pretty weak alone but you can use Sab for range if you want to go that route instead of melee. I have seen 1 rogue go Rift MM and he did very well in a few warfronts. Personally I don’t like Riftstalker. The Warrior counterpart Riftblade is way better to me (and just as OPd).

I think you will just have to play with builds period. You don’t really need that many points invested into saboteur but can do whatever you like in this game. Honestly it’s blast charge and detonate that you will be using the most…I don’t even bother with any of the other charges. Didn’t before 1.1 either.

Sin/Sab/Inf
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMTb.GARftsfqddR.Vz.xb0M

Marksman/Ranger/Inf
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MfNb.vMtRVzVudR.VGo0u.xb0R

Sin/NB/Inf
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMib.Gh0ft0foddo.Vhx0hVx0cs

all allow me to do well in PvP

I have 1 bard spec for PvE and I won’t bother posting that because I don’t really do any dungeons on my server because they want Mage DPS not Rogue.

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
I only use Sab now for runners with my 51 points invested into Assassin build. It’s a deadly combo period.

Not sure what crystal running is, I just hit 42 yesterday, SHOULD I know?:laugh:

Assassin Nighblade is another combo I like. You get range and can take out healing classes with Fell Blades.

I have NOOOOO idea how to use the melee classes though. Prior to making my second role Bard I had an Assassin...and something...I dunno. Anyways long story short I had no clue what the hell I was doing and I was almost dying a lot simply because I've never played a sneaky DD/rogue class in any other MMO. I started with Warlord in beta, went to Sab in release and have stuck with it since. IMO the other classes are easier to learn than the sneaky ones lol.

Riftstalker is great for Tanking and utter mobilization as you can teleport across a map pretty damn fast. You have a recall position that takes you back to a marked place on your map. I see this being used by crystal runners in Battle for Port Scion all the time.The damage is pretty weak alone but you can use Sab for range if you want to go that route instead of melee. I have seen 1 rogue go Rift MM and he did very well in a few warfronts. Personally I don’t like Riftstalker. The Warrior counterpart Riftblade is way better to me (and just as OPd).

Again, no idea what Battle for Port Scion is. :laugh: I may try it with Sab when I get to it.

I think you will just have to play with builds period. You don’t really need that many points invested into saboteur but can do whatever you like in this game. Honestly it’s blast charge and detonate that you will be using the most…I don’t even bother with any of the other charges. Didn’t before 1.1 either.

You're missing out! I love the other charges and IMO they make the saboteur very versatile. 1v1 I win almost every time :rockout:

I have no skills with squshy sneaking classes so when I bought my Infiltrator soul I was sorely disappointed. Mages? Love em. Warriors? Awesome. Healers? Count me in. Sneaking around and stunning? Not my bag. Ranged/thinking classes is my cup tea as well. I've gotten out of some pretty bad situations as Sab and I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon. I guess only time will tell...:cool:

I'll try to take less posting space from now on :roll:

Can someone explain to me how the transportation system in this game works? I haven't noticed any 'flight paths' like wow has and how do you get mounts?...

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
Teleporting and mounts. each main area of the map has at least one teleporter. Mounts can be bought. Once you make your way to the main city of the game you should find a mount dealer near the coast but once at the main city you will find one for sure. They range from 60% speed increase vs walking to 90% and then 120% if I'm not mistaken.

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
Teleporting and mounts. each main area of the map has at least one teleporter. Mounts can be bought. Once you make your way to the main city of the game you should find a mount dealer near the coast but once at the main city you will find one for sure. They range from 60% speed increase vs walking to 90% and then 120% if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct. They are 2.5 Platinum for the first (any level), 35 Platinum for the Second (Level 40+) and 150 Platinum for the best (Level 45?+).

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
You are correct. They are 2.5 Platinum for the first (any level), 35 Platinum for the Second (Level 40+) and 150 Platinum for the best (Level 45?+).

close, 125 plat for the epic level 50 mounts

you can also get mounts from your pvp vendors in exchange for favor but you need a lot of notoriety

I have noticed a lot of people already 50. Is it pretty easy to obtain? I haven't noticed much grinding even up to level 14...

Processor i9 11900k
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
I have noticed a lot of people already 50. Is it pretty easy to obtain? I haven't noticed much grinding even up to level 14...

yes, there are a lot of people already level 50, port scion warfronts are always full when you join em (40 man instance) at peak hours and wait times are usually 2 - 10 minutes. as for the attaining it easily thats more of a question of how long can you quest grind / dungeon instance without burning out :p it took me about 100 hours play time to get level 50 and thats with the learning curve of this being my first "real" mmo

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
It seems fast for those that play every minute they can daily.

People like me have too much going on to play as often and thats why I'm still at L28 with my main. Bums me out considering that Trion gave me 35 days for free added to my account due to issues at release. So far I haven't played in several weeks. Bummer.

System Name Main
Processor e7200 Wolfdale 2.5Ghz OC @ 3.0
Motherboard BioStar TP43D2-A7 ATX Board
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Memory 4G's G.Skill PC 6400 800 Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire HD 4870 10.6 drivers
Storage WD 80GB/WD 160GB SATA 3.0 Drive / WD 1TB
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Japanese Brand 550w
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 10712- Old score 3DMark06 10955- New Comp
It seems fast for those that play every minute they can daily.

People like me have too much going on to play as often and thats why I'm still at L28 with my main. Bums me out considering that Trion gave me 35 days for free added to my account due to issues at release. So far I haven't played in several weeks. Bummer.

Dont fret about this though! One thing I discovered is that there is no cap on rested exp. I hadnt played my main for a week and a half since I was leveling up with a friend. When i finally got back to my main i went through 5 levels of rested xp! :rockout:

System Name Suck it
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I have no skills with squshy sneaking classes so when I bought my Infiltrator soul I was sorely disappointed. Mages? Love em. Warriors? Awesome. Healers? Count me in. Sneaking around and stunning? Not my bag. Ranged/thinking classes is my cup tea as well. I've gotten out of some pretty bad situations as Sab and I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon. I guess only time will tell...:cool:

I'll try to take less posting space from now on :roll:

it's good to learn your class inside and out though. assassin is great for taking out mages who can't self heal or don't have a healer near them pretty quickly. nightblade is great for killing things that heal due to fell blades cutting their healing down. you also get a few ranged abilities (1 that's spammable) in nightblade and there's an upper tier ability that you can spec for that does more dmg when the target is below 30% (i pvp with NB a lot i love it).

i've been 50 with my rogue since the last part of second week of release, i've tested every possible combination i could think of and have everything in rogue lvld to 50. full sab was awesome don't get me wrong...i didn't need to use the other charges when that is mostly a single target tree (to me at least). pre 1.1 i could hit people for 4k dmg with blast charge...no reason to use anything else imo.

Processor i9 11900k
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
sooo... i ran a daily instance last night got 2 purples i needed and one more from the vendor for plaques of achievement. the only thing left i need is a purple main hand and i'll be decked woo!

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
sooo... i ran a daily instance last night got 2 purples i needed and one more from the vendor for plaques of achievement. the only thing left i need is a purple main hand and i'll be decked woo!

Hey Arrakis did you notice that there's Ironpine Melange in the game? I found that hilarious! There was also a NPC that yelled "the spice must flow" or something verrry similar in Meridian once, I almost DIED laughing. Some of the developers were obviously Dune nerds, much like me. I need to get around to re-reading them because it's almost been 10 years.

Congrats on the purples, I just got the level 50 trinket from the World Event a few days ago, should be nice when I actually HIT 50 :laugh:.

Processor i9 11900k
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
Hey Arrakis did you notice that there's Ironpine Melange in the game? I found that hilarious! There was also a NPC that yelled "the spice must flow" or something verrry similar in Meridian once, I almost DIED laughing. Some of the developers were obviously Dune nerds, much like me. I need to get around to re-reading them because it's almost been 10 years.

Congrats on the purples, I just got the level 50 trinket from the World Event a few days ago, should be nice when I actually HIT 50 :laugh:.

yeah, there are a ton of references in the game and a lot of the quest item descriptions have double meanings and are hilarious. i plan to go T1 grinding tonight to try and get my purple main hand and maybe a few warfronts in between so i can finally get to prestige rank 2 :toast:

System Name CHAFF-G
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6 @3.8Ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz
Video Card(s) MSi GTX 970 4GB
Display(s) 2012 model 1080p Sony BRAVIA LED TV @60Hz
Case 2007 model Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Nvidia HDMI Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-750
Mouse Logitech K400r / BenQ Zowie EC1
Keyboard Logitech K400r / Corsair K63
Software Windows 10 Home
I'm surprised people are still playing this O_O

Thassodar

System Name BNSAUCE
Motherboard MSI 870-G45
Processor i9 11900k
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
Why wouldn't people still be playing?...

Processor i9 11900k
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
Why wouldn't people still be playing?...

because it "doesn't have the features of wow" or "my build got nerfed now im not the strongest class" or "theres no content after 50 im bored" honestly just because there was a short period of public beta doesn't mean that the game is going to be a fully polished diamond at launch date, let alone a month after its initial release. i wish more people would stop QQ'ing and just play the game ! i could go on and on about it but i'll just leave it at that ;)