1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RIP Circuit City

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by 3870x2, Feb 19, 2009.

1. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, circuit city is going out of business due to the economy. This makes me sad, because I grew up with circuit city. They had some really good deals that rivaled online prices at times.

Anyway, on to hot deals, circuit city, if it is still open in your city, is 30% to 90% off of merchandise, if there is any left.
    They had microsoft office 2007 student for $30, a logitech G9 for $30, my new camera, olympus e420 for $450, M$ sidewinder for $2x, etc...
    hit them up if you can.

2. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    I saw this coming 5 years ago...its been long overdue...

3. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    true, it just sucks seeing a store i grew up with go down with the economy.

4. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not really due to the economy, more due to self-implosion from terrible management. The economy was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Their deals suck too. They just mark-up stuff then take off a percentage. You can find half-broken stuff at a decent price, but most of their "sales" by my house weren't sales at all, Best Buy was running better deals at the time just for a regular weekly sale. Some of those sales you listed looked pretty good though, mine was one of the first to go so maybe that's why their sales were terrible.

5. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    My Blue Ray collection has grown 65% since there going out of business.:D

6. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I'm sad to see them go, mainly because they were the only real competition for Best Buy.

I just wish they would have cut the crap and just stuck to electronics, DVDs, and CDs. Cut out the computer section, everthing was so insanely overpriced there. They did have some good deals on TVs, stereos, audio equipment, etc. most of the time though. And the nice part was that I rarely paid the price on the tag, it was one of the few placed where you could still haggle to get a better price, Best Buy certainly doesn't do that, at least not the ones near me.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  7. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Best Buy will do it on occasion, right managers and open items. Brandsmart and HH Gregg are on the same sales commission that CC was so they will haggle with you, you can get them to go pretty low. Brandsmart has a good warranty to, really the only one that truly competes w/ BB when it comes to TVs imo.