- Nov 7, 2004
- 5,422 (1.12/day)
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125|
|Motherboard||GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0|
|Cooling||Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan|
|Memory||4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400|
|Video Card(s)||Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5|
|Storage||2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0|
|Display(s)||BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD|
|Case||Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)|
|Audio Device(s)||Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX|
|Power Supply||Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW|
|Software||Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer|
On this page you can download the latest version of RivaTuner. In RivaTuner v2.09 you'll find some minor bugfixes, better driver support as well as added support for NVIDIA G96 and G100 (aka GT200).
- The server no longer erroneously swaps RGB components and no longer causes On-Screen Display to be rendered in unexpected color under Direct3D10 when non-default OSD color is being used.
- Added ForceWare 175.xx drivers family support.
- Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 174.40, 174.51, 174.53, 174.60, 174.70, 174.74, 174.82, 174.85, 174.88, 174.93 and 175.12.
- Added Catalyst 8.4 drivers detection. Please take a note that ATI continues "old good" tradition of using the same build version of different driver versions, so both Catalyst 8.3 and 8.4 will be detected as Catalyst 8.3 or newer.
- Updated Catalyst 8.4 certified SoftR9x00 patch script (for Windows 2000/XP drivers only).
- Updated PCI DeviceID database for AMD graphics processors. Added PCI DeviceIDs for RADEON X1650 AGP and RADEON 3850 X2.
- Update driver files database for 64-bit NVIDIA ForceWare drivers.
- Unlocked previously available experimental AMD RV620 graphics processors family support.
- Added experimental NVIDIA G96 graphics processors family support.
- Added experimental NVIDIA G100 (aka GT200) graphics processors family support.
- Added experimental driver-level multi-GPU fan control support for Quad-SLI systems. Thanks to Jacob Freeman @ EVGA for testing driver-level fan control with2x NVIDIA 9800GX2 system.
- Now RivaTuner is able to detect driver version and display driver files info for drivers using multiple driver files and active non-primary driver file.
- Added experimental clock frequency stress-testing for NVAPI overclocking interfaces. Please take a note that NVAPI's own stress testing is not ideal yet and it is not available for some GPU families (e.g. G80) or may work improperly for others. Due to this reason NVAPI clock frequency stress-testing feature is disabled by default, however power users may enable it using NVAPIClockTest registry entry.
- Added set of technologies aimed to improve RivaTuner startup and usage safety in conjunction with other hardware monitoring and diagnostics related tools:
- Added low-level PCI controller access synchronization protocol. The protocol serves for preventing possible PCI controller access collisions when multiple tools are being started and scanning PCI buses simultaneously (e.g. detecting supported hardware during OS startup). Please take a note that to take full effect the protocol must be supported by other tools used simultaneously with RivaTuner, so please ensure that you're using this version of RivaTuner with the latest versions of other monitoring or diagnostics related software products (e.g. Everest).
- Previously used low-level I2C synchronization protocol is now also applied to driver-level thermal monitoring function calls to prevent possible conflicts between low-level I2C transactions and internal driver-level I2C transactions.Please take a note that to take full effect the protocol must be supported by other tools used simultaneously with RivaTuner, so please ensure that you're using this version of RivaTuner with the latest versions of other monitoring or diagnostics related software products (e.g. Everest).
- Added hardware scanning synchronization protocol, aimed to optimize startup process and reduce startup time when multiple tools are intensively scanning hardware.
- Now startup daemon routine displays warning message in case of driver load failure (e.g. when the driver is blocked by antivirus tool).
- Startup daemon self-deinstallation technology is disabled by default now. The daemon no longer uninstalls itself from Windows startup when it fails to apply any startup settings (e.g. due to driver load blocked by antivirus tool). If needed, the technology can be re-enabled by setting DontUninstallStartupDaemon registry entry to 0.
- Updated bundled RivaTunerStatisticsServer v2.6.0 utility:
- Now OSD rendering routines are compatible with WPF based applications.
- Now the server's manifest file specifies full administrative privileges requirement. If you're using Windows Vista with UAC enabled, it is recommended to create scheduled task launching the server simultaneously with RivaTuner to minimize amount of displayed UAC evaluation dialogs.
- Changed sever's own OSD rendering behavior, now the server doesn't display 3D API usage information in the OSD when framerate display is not requested by a client application.
- Updated pseudo-3D applications list.
- Updated bundled D3DOverrider v1.6.0 utility:
- Now the D3DOverrider's manifest file specifies full administrative privileges requirement. If you're using Windows Vista with UAC enabled, it is recommended to create scheduled task launching the utility simultaneously with RivaTuner to minimize amount of displayed UAC evaluation dialogs.
- Improved launcher module:
- Added 'Show item in tray menu' option to regular launch item editor. By disabling this option you may prevent some regular launch items from being displayed in RivaTuner's tray menu. This option is helpful if you're intensively use scheduled tasks and define many helper launch items, required only for scheduled tasks.
- Now you may select 'All files' as file type when browsing for application associated with a launch item and this way start and non-executable file type (e.g. WAV or MIDI) registered in the OS. Please take a note that 'Restore settings after terminating application' option will not affect non-executable file types.
- Now RivaTuner stores application specific event markers in the event history panel of hardware monitoring window, allowing you to analyze all item launch events and reasons (e.g. item launch due to pressed hotkey, due to scheduled task etc). This feature simplifies debugging complex dynamic hardware control algorithms programmed via scheduler module etc.
- Improved scheduler module:
- Now you may specify custom scheduled tasks names in the task editor window to improve scheduled tasks list readability.
- Added 'Wait for application termination' option for 'Launch application' tasks, allowing you to program sequentional tasks execution if needed.
- Now you may select 'All files' as file type when browsing for application associated with 'Launch application' task and this way start and non-executable file type (e.g. WAV or MIDI) registered in the OS. Please take a note that 'Wait for application termination' option will not affect non-executable file types.
- Now RivaTuner stores application specific event markers in the event history panel of hardware monitoring window, allowing you to analyze all shceduled tasks events and reasons (e.g. scheduled task launch due to core temperature change from 50°C to 51°C). This feature simplifies debugging complex dynamic hardware control algorithms programmed via scheduler module etc.
- Improved hardware monitoring module:
- Now you may use 'Override group name' option in each data source's properties to define custom on-screen display group for it and override default OSD grouping rule if needed,
- Now RivaTuner is able to detect PLL shutdown and swicth to bus clock on G8x and newer GPU families to provide dynamic memory clock frequency monitoring on upcoming G96 graphics processors family.
- Now RivaTuner uses BIOS PLL information tables on G9x and newer GPU families to detect reference clock frequencies for core and memory PLLs if unknown GPU is detected. If needed, reference clocks can be redefined via [CrystalClock] section of RivaTuner.cfg file.
- Improved SMART.dll hardware monitoring plugin. Now the plugin supports SMART temperature reading for up to 8 hard drives instead of 4 hard drives in the previous version.
- Improved low-level diagnostic report module:
- Now RivaTuner displays PLL table contents containing per-PLL reference clock frequencies for G8x and newer display adapter families in 'NVIDIA VGA BIOS information' diagnostic report category.
- Unlocked undocumented SSAA and combined MSAA / SSAA antialiasing modes for G8x and newer display adapters.
- Now you may change external I2C fan controller detection retry counter using ExternalFanControllerDetectRetry registry entry or completely disable external I2C fan controller detection by setting this registry to 0.
- Minor UI changes and improvements.