• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ROG G703GI 8750h Throttlestop undervolt offsets wont apply

minc3

Hi there, i have bought a G703GI which comes with 8750h recently. I tried to undervolt it by following the exact steps as shown by the video in Youtube but i noticed that mine is not applying at all. Not showing up in the right column of FIVR. So do the monitoring program. Definitely no luck with XTU at all. Everything greyed in XTU.

I tried to undervolt with the original bios which came with the unit as well as the new bios. Same result.

Do appreciate if anyone can point out any possible tweak or if it just because of the bios and nothing can be done.

Thanks

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
It looks like Asus has started to lock voltage adjustment in some of their recent laptops. This is done by the bios so without a modified bios, there is no way around this limitation.
My only suggestion is next time, shop elsewhere.

The Overpowered laptops available at WalMart allow full voltage control so the 8750H can run the entire Cinebench at 3.90 GHz. Without voltage control, I do not think this is going to be possible. Pretty sad if an Asus ROG laptop cannot equal the performance of a low dollar laptop from WalMart.

minc3

It looks like Asus has started to lock voltage adjustment in some of their recent laptops. This is done by the bios so without a modified bios, there is no way around this limitation.

The Overpowered laptops available at WalMart allow full voltage control so the 8750H can run the entire Cinebench at 3.90 GHz. Without voltage control, I do not think this is going to be possible. Pretty sad if an Asus ROG laptop cannot equal the performance of a low dollar laptop from WalMart.
Thanks for the reply.

Sigh.. no hope then. The weird part is, from what i noticed most of the rog with 8750h are still capable of tweaking their voltage.

Mine so far managed to stable at 3.9+ghz during gaming and cinebench r15. There is some throttling which cause it to fluctuate around 3.85ghz during BF V in ultra settings after more than an hour of gameplay.

Maybe the only solution is to repaste and see how it goes.

minc3

I managed to undervolt the 8750h by putting windows to sleep and wake up. Then only the undervolt settings will apply.

Is there anyway to allow undervolting applies without having to repeat the process every time?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Do you have Intel XTU installed or are you using any Asus software that uses Intel XTU? To troubleshoot this problem, I would uninstall anything related to XTU. After that, I would hold the Shift key down and completely shutdown your laptop. When you start back up, can ThrottleStop adjust your offset voltages immediately or do you have to do a suspend resume cycle?

minc3

Do you have Intel XTU installed or are you using any Asus software that uses Intel XTU? To troubleshoot this problem, I would uninstall anything related to XTU. After that, I would hold the Shift key down and completely shutdown your laptop. When you start back up, can ThrottleStop adjust your offset voltages immediately or do you have to do a suspend resume cycle?
I will give it a try after cleaning off the XTU service. I noticed that it is running in the background after I uninstall XTU.