• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Router Setup Question

macbeth

http://www.aztech.com/prod_adsl_dsl605ew.html
I recently purchase this. After i connect to the ip address which is 192.168.1.1 and key in the default user name and password which is Admin for both user name and password. Than i click log in but only a blank page appear.
Any idea what went wrong here and how can i overcome this problem.
Thank you.

ex_reven

Firstly, are you trying to connect to the router via a wireless adapter or are you directly hooked into the router? Some routers dont allow you to configure them remotely (using wireless, or configuring it from a computer not directly connected to it with cable).

Did you follow all the instructions step by step, correctly? Routers are very picky and sometimes need to be reset if you disconnect/connect modems, power and other connections from them in different orders.

If the above dont work, Reset the router by removing the power cable and waiting a few seconds and try again.

Connect to th router via a network cable (Patch-cable). Then do the same. A lot of router doesn't let the use access the control panel via wireless at least by default. It's a feature you have to enable after hooking up to the router.

p-jack

System Name Ironjack
Processor AMD Opteron 165 @ 2,4GHz, stock voltage
Motherboard Asus A8N-E (nForce4 Ultra)
Cooling Scythe Infinity, Thermalright HR-05SLI, AC AcceleroX1Rev.2
Memory 2x1024MB Patriot PC3200 @ 2,5-4-4-8
Video Card(s) Powercolor X1900XT 512MB @ stock clocks
Storage 320GB Seagate ST3320620AS, 160GB Samsung HD160JJ
Display(s) BenQ FP91GX 19" TFT
Case Coolermaster Centurion 534
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC850 (onboard)
Power Supply Coolermaster iGreen 430W
Software Ubuntu 6.10 + Windoofs XP
something just came to my mind....

some routers need a java-script enabled browser to display their config pages correctly (i remember this from a crappy zyxel router i had years ago :shadedshu ).

maybe this is it?

macbeth

i am tried using IE and Firefox and i have java install in my PC and i check in Firefox i have both Enable java-scrip and Enable jave checked.

ex_reven

what about your firewalls?
do you have your computers firewall setup to allow a connection to that IP Address?
Also, you probably should turn off windows firewall too

macbeth

Tried turning off my firewall too but still the same. But i did try with my notebook and it work as the manual said it would. But i just cannot get in to the setup page with my pc.

ex_reven

hmm there must be something up with your network connection then perhaps its disabled or wasnt configured properly. You did set it up properly right?
(Let it automatically configure IP and DHCP settings).

Also, if you can config the router on the lappy, theres no problem with that...but youre probably gonna need to work out why your compy isnt getting access to the router...

macbeth

But i can go in to the log in page so i think firewall is not blocking it.