• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS][US] RTB's weird and wacky partout (LGA1366 stuff, GTX10603GB, mechanical keyboard, a PSU, and more!)

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
This one starts with a story. If you don't care about the history of these parts, skip to the price/photos for all you need to know sale wise.

The story is many years ago, I did dual LGA1366 systems for my brother and I... systems that would last me about 4 years, and him apparently, until just this minute.

He broke up with his girlfriend, recently, and had to move back home. Sad, and largely irrelevant situation, except that he had been out all that time and had this system nearly that entire time too. He drug the poor, sad dust encrusted thing home with him with the line "Sarah doesn't want this." Yeah. Shed a tear for the guy.

Nothing much about it had changed except a proc upgrade from an i7 920 to a Xeon 6-core, a video card upgrade (only one in all that time!) and a PSU swap at some point due to a dead psu. Oh, and he had doubled the ram, even though I doubt it did a thing for his workload.

When I built it it was this (this is not what I am selling):

Generic white tower case with holes cut for airflow
Intel DX58SO2 Motherboard
i7 920 w/ Stock heatsink
MSI GTX 580 3GB (with some kind of fancy cooler) GPU
12GBs of G.SKILL DDR3-1600
Antec Truepower Quatro 850W

What I got back from his attempt to manage his system himself with minimal advice the past 5-8 years:
Coolermaster HAF-912 case (paid way too much at a local PC store, and it's missing parts)
Intel DX58S)2 Motherboard (yep, it's still going) w/ Phanteks
Xeon W3690 CPU (I mean, it's a good upgrade choice, I know because I pulled this one from a dying server for him) w/
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB (yeah, he didn't jump terribly far when he threw the GTX 580 out, but hey, at least he tried)
24GBs of generic, strange ram from a local store (yes, 6x4GB sticks, totally mismatched of course)
Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 650W (WOW! He did good here! That's a recent buy, apparently).

That (plus a strange mechanical keyboard that he "found in his closet," more on that mystery later) is what's up for grabs today. Oh, minus the case. The case is a mess. It's missing screws, parts are stripped, and it's heavy. Yeah. Typical poorly guided newbie maintained build, is all I can say!

Note that all of this came to me in a dust encrusted mess. I have cleaned it as much as is ecnomical and noted all the cosmetic defects I could find, but as I don't have a lot of time and my time these days is literally money, I am certain you can do a better job given a little effort. Keep that in mind.

All parts listed are fully functional and have been fully tested for general performance issues as well as checked for bad things attributal to newbish mistakes like my brother might do (contacts were checked for corrosion, no signs of spills, etc). Where possible, I have interviewed the history of the item with my brother, who is not a known liar and I believe to be telling the truth. That said, they are sold with no return policy unless DOA. NOTE: As strict as that sounds, do write if you are having issues, as I am generally very happy to help people out in any way I am able.

So, cool story bro. What's for sale? More importantly, what's it cost?

We have:
-1x Intel Xeon W3690 CPU - $60.00
I was the original buyer and donator of the CPU to my brother, and I doubt he ever OCed it while he had it. To my knowledge, it has never seen an overclock period, mainly due to never being in a good OCing board (I pulled it from a dying IBM server), and it may/may not be good for OC. No idea, but it runs fine. Small nick on surface that probably doesn't matter one bit to anyone but people who like to lap their cpus, and that'll certainly take it out if you are going that route.
-1x Intel DX58SO2 Motherboard - $100.00 This is not really a good OCing board. (It's actually an awful OCing board) That being said, it's a very stable, reliable board, and it shows that by virtue of being alive all these years later still going strong. It's also got the rare ability to boot in full UEFI mode, which very few X58 mobos can do. No real issues, has been cleaned etc, socket is fine and all ram slots and PCIe slots work. It is missing the top of the CMOS clear button, but you can still toggle it anyhow if you care to. Also, the screw mount points are a bit "worn" (see photos, not a functional issue at all). Includes IO shield but is missing wifi adapter. It is priced to move, but not super low... Functional and complete X58 boards are getting rare now and I can't exactly sell rare stuff for nothing on my brothers behalf. Would make an excellent server or router board with those dual lans.
-2x White Phanteks PH-F140HP 140mm Fans - $7.50 Each
Not much to say here, except they still spin sound good and are whisper quiet. Had loads of dust but mostly cleaned right up. Came form a Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU heatsink kit, but this was badly damaged at some point (bent pipes, fins, and nicks on the mounting plate, not really sure what happened) and I'm not going to bother listing the heatsink as such.
3x4GB generic, heatsinkless sticks of Micron IC based DDR3-1600 - $6.00 each - ALL SOLD
3x4GB generic, heatsinkless sticks of Samsung IC based DDR3-1600 - $6.00 each - ALL SOLD

-These... are odd. I can't find any reference to them in all of the whole internet. My brother bought them at a local tech shop in Poulsbo, WA. They appear to be made by Avant Memory, but Avant usually uses weird offbrand ICs, and these are actual Samsung and Micron ICs, so... I have no idea. I also know nothing about timings other than they are DDR3-1600 with halfway decent chips, which are probably as fast as poor LGA1366 IMCs can go anyhow, so nice match, maybe? Good deal, at any rate.
1xGigabyte 1060 3GB GV-N1060IXOC-3GD (small form factor, single fan) PCIe Card - $125.00
Comes with box and such. Works great. There is a stripped screwhead on the back. My brother says it came that way. You may want to note this if you ever make a warranty claim, but no, he says it's never ever been opened to his knowledge, not even to replace TIM.
1xSeasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 650W PSU - SOLD
Good stuff here. Bought this year. Includes everything but the original AC cord... but it's a 650W PSU, any 10A or better AC cord will do fine. I can even throw one in for free, if you like. You should have your enthusiast badge taken away if you don't have a million by now! (/kidding)
1xMystery Mechanical Keyboard "It appeared in my closet?" - SOLD
Yes, that was my brothers quote. This keyboard apparently came from the keyboard fairy, and just showed up one day in his closet. Amazing how he has all this luck and somehow I have to buy mine. Truth be told, it's probably his former girlfriends place but who knows really? Anyhow, what's weird is... this keyboard, to be frank... It's kinda cool too though! It has "Matias" mechanical keyswitches, which I have both never heard of and seem very pleasingly quiet. It is a Tenkeyless model. The box claims it is made in Taiwan. It is USB. It has ALPS keystems... yep, you read that right: ALPS. I know, it's weird. It's like nothing I'd ever buy (I only buy fullsize cherry greens). And It looks absolutely virgin-new despite it's very old looking box. Cool in it's own weird way, and priced to move. (Please, don't leave it here. I don't want to find out it's haunted or something.)

All Items include shipping price for Priority Mail Flat Rate (Or First Class, if under $10.00). I generally ship within 2 days tops.

Pictures of the items (in order, should be obvious what they are) follow:

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Heatware
0 0 0
System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
snap snap "that keyboard", added to my list basket:ohwell:
check chatbox asap, dont let me wait:laugh:0

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Small price correction (typo) on some items and bump.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Last chance to shoot me an offer before ebay.

I know, this isn't my usual "firesale" type material because my brother is managing pricing, but I will always be willing to forward and advocate for a fair offer.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Amazingly, I haven't had time to ebay all this yet.

Go on, make me an offer. I'm in a deal making mood.

System Name Daily/SFF
Processor Ryzen 5900X in ECO-mode.
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-U9B SE2
Memory GSKILL Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Video Card(s) ZOTAC 1660Ti AMP
Storage WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) SAMSUNG 24" SD590 Series
Case NCASE M1
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply CORSAIR SF750
Mouse Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
Keyboard KB Paradise V80 Olivette TKL
Software W10
YHPM

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Haunted keyboard and Seasonic PSU gone...

For a limited time, if someone wants to scoop up the GTX 1060 3GB, Xeon W3690, and mobo + 24 GB of Ram, I can do $275 for the lot shipped. That's 6 cores of decent speed, a gpu that won't be bottlenecked by them, and 24GBs of suitable ram for the kit. Just add case, psu and hdd and you have a dirt cheap gaming rig.

Any takers before I finally go ebay-insane?

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
All the DDR3 is pending. Also, bump. I'm eager to consider offers, really hate to go to ebay.

Edit. DDR3 is all gone.

Last edited: