• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RTX 2060 Stutter (Help me)

Give us that video, and maybe we can work magic.

Without G Sync or FPS Limit

Heaven Benchmark
Scenes with main stutter ( 1 - 10 - 12 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 )

Valley Benchmark
Scenes with main stutter ( 6 - 10 - 11 )

Firestrike Xtreme (Some stutter when loading the tests, and in test 1 and last test)

GPU Z During Heaven Benchmark

Log

GPU Z During Valley Benchmark

Log

GPU Z During Firestrike Xtreme

Log

Now, I find the benchmarks somewhat odd because I have seen some youtube videos with RTX 2060 or with other GPUs that show similar stutter in similar parts of the benchmarks, so that confuses me.

Testing with a 1060 I had similar stutter around the same times, so that makes me wonder about everything. I just want to know if the 2060 is faulty in some way, or if the stutter is caused by something else. Right now it really annoys me that Destiny 2 and Fortnite seem to be smoother in my 1060, but I don't know if maybe its just the games themselves, or a driver problem.

For Firestrike Xtreme I found a post where someone says that "Firestrike will stutter at the beginning of graphics test 1 unless the Share overlay is enabled in Geforce Experience.", which seems to be my case at least

If you can also make a video with all Sync off but G-SYNC with the fps capped at 95.
Again if you have G-force experience uninstall it.
Also a screenshot of GPU-Z sensor tabs with everything including perfcap set to max and leave it open while you make the videos (in the background)
If you can also make a video with all Sync off but G-SYNC with the fps capped at 95.
Again if you have G-force experience uninstall it.
Also a screenshot of GPU-Z sensor tabs with everything including perfcap set to max and leave it open while you make the videos (in the background)

Why are those settings important?

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Without G Sync or FPS Limit

Heaven Benchmark
Scenes with main stutter ( 1 - 10 - 12 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21 )

Valley Benchmark
Scenes with main stutter ( 6 - 10 - 11 )

Firestrike Xtreme (Some stutter when loading the tests, and in test 1 and last test)

GPU Z During Heaven Benchmark

Log

View attachment 129332

GPU Z During Valley Benchmark

Log

View attachment 129333

GPU Z During Firestrike Xtreme

Log

View attachment 129334

Now, I find the benchmarks somewhat odd because I have seen some youtube videos with RTX 2060 or with other GPUs that show similar stutter in similar parts of the benchmarks, so that confuses me.

Testing with a 1060 I had similar stutter around the same times, so that makes me wonder about everything. I just want to know if the 2060 is faulty in some way, or if the stutter is caused by something else. Right now it really annoys me that Destiny 2 and Fortnite seem to be smoother in my 1060, but I don't know if maybe its just the games themselves, or a driver problem.

For Firestrike Xtreme I found a post where someone says that "Firestrike will stutter at the beginning of graphics test 1 unless the Share overlay is enabled in Geforce Experience.", which seems to be my case at least

Why are those settings important?

Alright, I hope you're ready for this...

After looking at your videos this sort of confirms what I was thinking shortly after the HDD was eliminated and you said even a low CPU load game like Destiny 2 showed the behaviour on your SSD.

What you are seeing is mostly normal behaviour and I think its time to play games and back off constantly looking at the FPS counter. In other words - try to mitigate the issue as much as possible with software settings, and then try to 'unsee' this. It will take some time.

The longer stutters, while they do happen, are pretty rare and the rest of them are perfectly normal, for example in Heaven, you get one with every scene change and I have those too. Your 1% low being at 30 FPS is also very normal. The 0.1% low then comes down to the rest of the system: RAM, CPU and background stuff running, but also variability between each run of that benchmark will happen, that goes down to even things like Windows services. This is where the combination of Ryzen 5 with uncapped FPS comes in. There will be moments where the CPU needs a tiny little breather. I recognize this from having the GTX 1080 on my 3570K compared to same GPU on current CPU - a very similar setup to yours perf wise.

Relating this to your The Witcher 3 experience. You said it got slightly better after subsequent loads of the same location. That also supports this theory. Your stutters have multiple causes, and only a tiny portion of them is hardware performance related. Add them all up though and it looks like something more serious than it really is. Improved caching (also Shader Cache for Nv cards) as you load up games frequently can mitigate things over time.

Is it worse or not than with the 1060? Perception can play tricks on the mind. It might well be, in some moments, I believe you. Or you might perceive it to be so. It doesn't matter, its there anyway, right? Even with the 1060.

Graphics rendering is an approximation of reality, as in, it will always be imperfect. Lots of tricks are deployed and those are then squeezed into a single frame, many times per second. Your regular frametime variance is very good - anytime you don't have stutter, you have a perfectly horizontal frametime graph. This eliminates the GPU as a problem.

Now you have options: swallow this bitter pill, or spend a small fortune for a minor upgrade to get a high end CPU, all games on SSD, and zippy RAM to reduce (not eliminate) the stutters you see. This is that final 5-10% high end Intel users talk about when it comes to gaming... and why people still buy those things. This is also where the hobby, for some, turns into obssession ;) You've been warned - I would say the original goal was to have fun gaming, focus on that one :)

Gsync / Fast Sync / Vsync are cost-free alternatives to mitigate the problem, for now, at least. One may work better in specific situations than the other. Another setting you might want to play with is 'Max prerendered frames' in NVCP. I personally get best results from '1', you could try a higher value (and then experiment with different forms of Sync).

Last edited:
System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock

You are not the only one, I also have this stutter at the beginning when running any of the firestrike benchmarks.
I had this with my GTX1070 and now also with my RTX2070 Super.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
3D capture causes suttering of its own. Record with a camera / smartphone.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
did you try to oc yet?

did you try to oc yet?
I tried overclocking my ram, and I was able to get it to 3000 MHz although with not so good timings (as good "or bad" as stock without xmp profile), but from what I saw I didn't get much improvement. My ram specification is set to 2666 though (thats the advertised value)...

Alright, I hope you're ready for this...

After looking at your videos this sort of confirms what I was thinking shortly after the HDD was eliminated and you said even a low CPU load game like Destiny 2 showed the behaviour on your SSD.

What you are seeing is mostly normal behaviour and I think its time to play games and back off constantly looking at the FPS counter. In other words - try to mitigate the issue as much as possible with software settings, and then try to 'unsee' this. It will take some time.

The longer stutters, while they do happen, are pretty rare and the rest of them are perfectly normal, for example in Heaven, you get one with every scene change and I have those too. Your 1% low being at 30 FPS is also very normal. The 0.1% low then comes down to the rest of the system: RAM, CPU and background stuff running, but also variability between each run of that benchmark will happen, that goes down to even things like Windows services. This is where the combination of Ryzen 5 with uncapped FPS comes in. There will be moments where the CPU needs a tiny little breather. I recognize this from having the GTX 1080 on my 3570K compared to same GPU on current CPU - a very similar setup to yours perf wise.

Relating this to your The Witcher 3 experience. You said it got slightly better after subsequent loads of the same location. That also supports this theory. Your stutters have multiple causes, and only a tiny portion of them is hardware performance related. Add them all up though and it looks like something more serious than it really is. Improved caching (also Shader Cache for Nv cards) as you load up games frequently can mitigate things over time.

Is it worse or not than with the 1060? Perception can play tricks on the mind. It might well be, in some moments, I believe you. Or you might perceive it to be so. It doesn't matter, its there anyway, right? Even with the 1060.

Graphics rendering is an approximation of reality, as in, it will always be imperfect. Lots of tricks are deployed and those are then squeezed into a single frame, many times per second. Your regular frametime variance is very good - anytime you don't have stutter, you have a perfectly horizontal frametime graph. This eliminates the GPU as a problem.

Now you have options: swallow this bitter pill, or spend a small fortune for a minor upgrade to get a high end CPU, all games on SSD, and zippy RAM to reduce (not eliminate) the stutters you see. This is that final 5-10% high end Intel users talk about when it comes to gaming... and why people still buy those things. This is also where the hobby, for some, turns into obssession ;) You've been warned - I would say the original goal was to have fun gaming, focus on that one :)

Gsync / Fast Sync / Vsync are cost-free alternatives to mitigate the problem, for now, at least. One may work better in specific situations than the other. Another setting you might want to play with is 'Max prerendered frames' in NVCP. I personally get best results from '1', you could try a higher value (and then experiment with different forms of Sync).

1. Then these tests prove than the RTX 2060 has no problems?
2. Could I then blame the destiny 2 and fortnite worse performance on something else? even with the same settings in both 1060 and 2060 and using vsync
3. If the stutters still happen with a 75 fps limit (my monitor refresh rate), can I still put some blame on the CPU?

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I tried overclocking my ram, and I was able to get it to 3000 MHz although with not so good timings (as good "or bad" as stock without xmp profile), but from what I saw I didn't get much improvement. My ram specification is set to 2666 though (thats the advertised value)...

2. Could I then blame the destiny 2 and fortnite worse performance on something else? even with the same settings in both 1060 and 2060 and using vsync
3. If the stutters still happen with a 75 fps limit (my monitor refresh rate), can I still put some blame on the CPU?

1. These tests confirm that this behaviour aligns with people who have non-Turing cards, like me - you -, and others who have chimed in. I will not go so far as guarantee your 2060 is problem free (how could I know), but those videos don't show us any problems with the GPU, no. Temps are good and drop and rise normally, you are not throttling (neither GPU/CPU), VRAM looks normal, boost clock is decent at 1935mhz (and can probably be pushed further with no problems).

2. It could be anything, from driver / game versions to the mix of the two, to anything else you're doing on the system. Your goal right now should be to stop trying to place blame, because there is no single cause. Destiny and Fortnite are not the ONLY games that stutter. They all do. Whether on HDD, or SSD. You might need to adjust your definition of 'stutter' a little bit. The occasional hiccup, is that really an issue? Personal thing, that. I do know, the more you fuss about it, the bigger it becomes. Our minds do that. On the 1060 you took it 'for granted' as you didn't know better, and then you bought a card that in your mind is faster at everything. While true, it also means the potential gap between high and low FPS increases, and the disparity with your maximum performance of other components also increases. After all you use the same rig to push those cards forward.

Maybe its better to say 'different card, different behaviour' and tweak settings to get the best results instead. You don't need to run a stripped rig, just use the sync settings you have at your disposal in a smart way, per game if you need to, NVCP offers you the tools to do that.

Last thing about 2. - I have also seen the occasional 4 FPS in my Heaven or Valley runs. Its a cue to run it again, because it impacts the score. Its hard to avoid across a whole run, with uncapped FPS. As for Destiny 2 and Fortnite - the Counterstrike reply I gave earlier applies to that - its online, your guess is as good as mine but its unlikely to be your hardware.

3. Any fix on a hardware level is going to be exactly as I said: a major money sink (for something many would consider a 'side grade'). You can check my specs for something you might want to consider, perf wise. I have almost the exact same GPU horsepower, and same res, as you. I do run a high refresh rate panel, so I want every last drop of CPU grunt I can get to maximize min FPS - for similar reasons: to combat major gaps between max refresh and lowest FPS.

You could upgrade your RAM to faster B-die sticks and get a minor improvement. I doubt that's worth it.

Note that a hard frame cap at your monitor refresh isn't always preferable, you only really get one big plus out of that, and that is low input lag. But that's not your issue. Your issue is frametime variance. Use sync to combat that, because those are meant to change frametimes / frame pacing. Beyond that, yes, its either buggy software, or momentary bottlenecks.

Last edited:
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11

You're not crazy to think the 2060 does stutter more than the 1060 in your system - for sure it does (which is why you made this thread) but that could be due to the way the new 2060 drivers handle things, the way it demands data from the cpu/ram/hdd, bottlenecks along the 'supply chain' between the 2060 and the game. The 2060 on its own doesn't have the problems, the 2060 in your system is causing the problems vs your 1060.

There is an easy solution... if you have the money (and a store that accepts returns no questions asked for x days near you) go out and test out a 5700 -- if you still get the same/similar stutters then it's for sure your base system. If not, then it's the 2060 and either try to return it( with proof saying "hey i got a 5700 and all my issues are gone this card sux" ) or if that doesn't work then sell it second hand.

You're not crazy to think the 2060 does stutter more than the 1060 in your system - for sure it does (which is why you made this thread) but that could be due to the way the new 2060 drivers handle things, the way it demands data from the cpu/ram/hdd, bottlenecks along the 'supply chain' between the 2060 and the game. The 2060 on its own doesn't have the problems, the 2060 in your system is causing the problems vs your 1060.

There is an easy solution... if you have the money (and a store that accepts returns no questions asked for x days near you) go out and test out a 5700 -- if you still get the same/similar stutters then it's for sure your base system. If not, then it's the 2060 and either try to return it( with proof saying "hey i got a 5700 and all my issues are gone this card sux" ) or if that doesn't work then sell it second hand.
Mmm, Unfortunately things don't work like that in my country, and it has been a little less than a month since I bought the 2060. Indeed trying out in other computers would be the easy solution, but I can't really do it at the moment.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Just ran Heaven at 2560x1440 with Extreme Quality on my 2060 Gaming Z, and on the first pass it was doing a tiny bit of stuttering when panning the camera past the cobblestone wall/path. The ship, and fly by the cannon however was smooth but it alternated between smooth, and a small micro stutter for the rest of the camera fly through. The second pass though had more constant stutter which I take to mean the boost clock settled down. Temperature remained the same to what you recorded in your video.

1. These tests confirm that this behaviour aligns with people who have non-Turing cards, like me - you -, and others who have chimed in. I will not go so far as guarantee your 2060 is problem free (how could I know), but those videos don't show us any problems with the GPU, no. Temps are good and drop and rise normally, you are not throttling (neither GPU/CPU), VRAM looks normal, boost clock is decent at 1935mhz (and can probably be pushed further with no problems).

2. It could be anything, from driver / game versions to the mix of the two, to anything else you're doing on the system. Your goal right now should be to stop trying to place blame, because there is no single cause. Destiny and Fortnite are not the ONLY games that stutter. They all do. Whether on HDD, or SSD. You might need to adjust your definition of 'stutter' a little bit. The occasional hiccup, is that really an issue? Personal thing, that. I do know, the more you fuss about it, the bigger it becomes. Our minds do that. On the 1060 you took it 'for granted' as you didn't know better, and then you bought a card that in your mind is faster at everything. While true, it also means the potential gap between high and low FPS increases, and the disparity with your maximum performance of other components also increases. After all you use the same rig to push those cards forward.

Maybe its better to say 'different card, different behaviour' and tweak settings to get the best results instead. You don't need to run a stripped rig, just use the sync settings you have at your disposal in a smart way, per game if you need to, NVCP offers you the tools to do that.

Last thing about 2. - I have also seen the occasional 4 FPS in my Heaven or Valley runs. Its a cue to run it again, because it impacts the score. Its hard to avoid across a whole run, with uncapped FPS. As for Destiny 2 and Fortnite - the Counterstrike reply I gave earlier applies to that - its online, your guess is as good as mine but its unlikely to be your hardware.

3. Any fix on a hardware level is going to be exactly as I said: a major money sink (for something many would consider a 'side grade'). You can check my specs for something you might want to consider, perf wise. I have almost the exact same GPU horsepower, and same res, as you. I do run a high refresh rate panel, so I want every last drop of CPU grunt I can get to maximize min FPS - for similar reasons: to combat major gaps between max refresh and lowest FPS.

You could upgrade your RAM to faster B-die sticks and get a minor improvement. I doubt that's worth it.

Note that a hard frame cap at your monitor refresh isn't always preferable, you only really get one big plus out of that, and that is low input lag. But that's not your issue. Your issue is frametime variance. Use sync to combat that, because those are meant to change frametimes / frame pacing. Beyond that, yes, its either buggy software, or momentary bottlenecks.

Oh my gosh, it is just like someone said in other forum, chasing stutter is like chasing a ghost =(

Just ran Heaven at 2560x1440 with Extreme Quality on my 2060 Gaming Z, and on the first pass it was doing a tiny bit of stuttering when panning the camera past the cobblestone wall/path. The ship, and fly by the cannon however was smooth but it alternated between smooth, and a small micro stutter for the rest of the camera fly through. The second pass though had more constant stutter which I take to mean the boost clock settled down. Temperature remained the same to what you recorded in your video.

Mmm, I am not really sure what to conclude from that, I did my tests in Extreme quality but in 1080p

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Mmm, I am not really sure what to conclude from that, I did my tests in Extreme quality but in 1080p
It would appear to me that your 2060 Gaming Z isn't operating dissimilar to how my Gaming Z is performing.

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
in your bios is there a timing called TRFC? (should be around 5-600) can you try lowering that to 400?

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
That's pretty low already but can you try lowering it to see if it has any impact on the hitching?
The thing is that those values seem to be the most stable ones, and if I try to set higher speed than the advertised, with decent timing, I get a blue screen

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
ok there is a software that sometimes helps:

They have unlimited free trial version, but this helps me get the most out of most games (doesn't work for steam version of farcry 5 but does for everything else)
with this it's easy to set automatic high priority and set it to disable SMT cores for games.

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
I'd say the stuttering is normal, and if it really bothers you, I would use a framerate limiter with adaptive VSYNC. That's the best way I have to deal with game stuttering when the game should be running smoothly.

They have unlimited free trial version, but this helps me get the most out of most games (doesn't work for steam version of farcry 5 but does for everything else)
with this it's easy to set automatic high priority and set it to disable SMT cores for games.
Interesting, I will check it out, thanks

I'd say the stuttering is normal, and if it really bothers you, I would use a framerate limiter with adaptive VSYNC. That's the best way I have to deal with game stuttering when the game should be running smoothly.
I will try with the games that give me the most trouble

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Oh my gosh, it is just like someone said in other forum, chasing stutter is like chasing a ghost =(

That is exactly right, at a certain point you've thrown all the (sensible) hardware at the problem, you run an up to date, clean rig, and have your settings in order, and realize it will never be perfect.

Been there done that ;)

I'm glad you're taking it seriously and not end up chasing this ghost forever, which usually results in topics like these to run way out of hand :D

Still its good to follow up on optimizing your Ryzen setup. I'm not too expert on that one, but you can look at @phanbuey 's suggestion and then towards Ryzen OC topics.

It is generally not recommended to combine frame limiting with vsync, because they both do similar things and may conflict, which causes its own stuttery behavior. It doesn't hurt to try, but still. (Is this a Turing quirk that it works better perhaps?)

Adaptive vsync on its own does what you want quite fine on its own, because it also doesn't render unnecessary frames, while buffering them to avoid tear.

Last edited:
System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
That is exactly right, at a certain point you've thrown all the (sensible) hardware at the problem, you run an up to date, clean rig, and have your settings in order, and realize it will never be perfect.

Been there done that ;)

I'm glad you're taking it seriously and not end up chasing this ghost forever, which usually results in topics like these to run way out of hand :D

Still its good to follow up on optimizing your Ryzen setup. I'm not too expert on that one, but you can look at @phanbuey 's suggestion and then towards Ryzen OC topics.

It is generally not recommended to combine frame limiting with vsync, because they both do similar things and may conflict, which causes its own stuttery behavior. It doesn't hurt to try, but still. (Is this a Turing quirk that it works better perhaps?)

Adaptive vsync on its own does what you want quite fine on its own, because it also doesn't render unnecessary frames, while buffering them to avoid tear.

If the game itself has a frame limiter I find it sometimes helps with stuttering as it can smooth out the CPU work as well. I turn the frame limiter on in the game at 60 fps and leave vsync to the Nvidia driver (choosing adaptive). But I usually just stick to adaptive VSYNC and it works fine. There are just a couple games that do better limiting their own frames. My main example of that is Assassin's Creed Odyssey, it's not much of a difference but in my case it seems to drop below 60 Hz less.

Ok, I just installed the software, should I just leave it be as it is, or should I configure something specific?

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Ok, I just installed the software, should I just leave it be as it is, or should I configure something specific?

So for your games, launch the game then open the software, select your game, enable 'induce performance mode' then make it CPU Priority (always) -> high priority, and (for some games) try to set CPU Affinity (always) disable hyper threading. Some games like hyperthreading and some dont.

Let me know if that works! It gives me up to 18% boost in some games (like deus ex mankind divided).

It also throttles background programs that might be running out of control behind the scenes.

BoochieDangerous

Hey all,
I had the same problem with my TUF RTX 2060 GPU, tried a lot of the FPS boosting techniques and fixes I’ve found on forums and YouTube to no avail. I was contemplating replacing a couple components (gpu, cpu, hard drive) to remedy the problem. Before I did any of that I called NVIDIA tech support to which they sent me a couple links to uninstall and wipe all existing drivers and then reinstall just like it would out of the box. I’ll attach these links below. I hope this helps!

We can try reinstalling all the NVIDIA components and check, for uninstalling the driver we will use Nvidia cleanup tool.

1.Download the NVIDIA Cleanup Tool (CleanupTool.exe)
https://developer.nvidia.com/cleanup-tool
2.Double-click the executable to launch the tool.
3.Click ACCEPT to accept the End User License Agreement.
4.Click Yes at the confirmation prompt.
The progress dialog appears.
Click OK at the completion dialog to close the dialog.

All NVIDIA software and drivers (including CUDA) have now been removed from the system.
NVIDIA recommends rebooting the system after the tool is finished

After restarting the PC you need to download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA.
Download the latest driver
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

- Once the installer wizard begins, accept the license agreement.
- Choose GeForce experience + driver
- Select "Custom (Advanced)" install option and then click Next.
- Put a checkmark in the "Perform clean install" option and then click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation