• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RTX 2060 Super Bios Crossflash

izy

It was just an exchange of ideas / knowledge , not customer support , everyone can risk their cards as they want , i got this card few months ago for my second computer (i have an amd card in main and havent played with any RTX cards so far ) and it was almost new (a friend upgraded to rtx 3070 after 4 months) with warranty at half of the market price (220E) so i didnt research much about the model as the next option was double the price at least (and i wasnt really in need for a card) so it worth a try for me to see if / what it can be done or not and not for the 1-5% extra performance just because i like playing with my own hardware and testing stuff (doing it for almost 20 years)
Edit: Its better to have some results as people are curios in general than just the advice to buy "a different card".

System Name EA-ZEN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D with -50mW UV
Motherboard Asus X570
Cooling Big Air
Memory 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 2080 Ti Strix highly OC’ed
Storage 1 TB NVME, 500 GB SSD etc
Display(s) 2x 27”, main: curved 144Hz SVA with BLS and HDR
Case Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Z906 5.1 and Audeze Headphones, Shure SM7B mic
Power Supply Enough
Mouse Old but gold
Keyboard Mechanical Cherry Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A lot
I would just Software tune it with Afterburner, no need to fiddle around with the bios and risk it. But if you find a bios that is 100% compatible you can do it.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
It was just an exchange of ideas / knowledge , not customer support , everyone can risk their cards as they want , i got this card few months ago for my second computer (i have an amd card in main and havent played with any RTX cards so far ) and it was almost new (a friend upgraded to rtx 3070 after 4 months) with warranty at half of the market price (220E) so i didnt research much about the model as the next option was double the price at least (and i wasnt really in need for a card) so it worth a try for me to see if / what it can be done or not and not for the 1-5% extra performance just because i like playing with my own hardware and testing stuff (doing it for almost 20 years)
Edit: Its better to have some results as people are curios in general than just the advice to buy "a different card".
Yup been doing the Hardware Thing 23 years myself, too many come here with a bricked card. Been on here 15 years. RTX flashing is jut not worth it, plain and simple. Want arrows in your back? Flash your gpu, it happened to you for sure after I warned you.

I would just Software tune it with Afterburner, no need to fiddle around with the bios and risk it. But if you find a bios that is 100% compatible you can do it.
his card is 1 of many examples of DNFW

Last edited:
Reactions: izy

izy

I have tested the curve at 1980Mhz / 0.937v , with an custom fan curve and it sits under 71C in full load with fans at max 81% and depending on the load it boosts from 1920mhz to 1950mhz (even 1980mhz in some situations but rare, sits 1935mhz mostly). It would have been cool if this card had at least 10% - 15% higher power limit because even undervolted , depending on the load , it hits the power limit (up to 105% in spikes) and i guess that is what is keeping the boosts lower and not the thermals, but it is super fine like this , i dont think the extra boost clocks would give too much extra performance anyway.
1657803978035.png