• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RTX 3080 Crash to Desktop Problems Likely Connected to AIB-Designed Capacitor Choice

I hope that's sarcasm. :kookoo:
Don't u want competition, progress? How very not liberal minded of you...
This creates a new echelon of enthusiast - the ones who are privileged enough to be able to run the cards.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
Clearly this was done to snipe all the ebay scalpers.
BOOM HEADSHOT

Don't u want competition, progress? How very not liberal minded of you...
This creates a new echelon of enthusiast - the ones who are privileged enough to be able to run the cards.
Leave any and all politics at the door please

Last edited:

TiN

System Name selfmade caseless :D
Processor Intel ES
Motherboard EVGA X299 DARK ES :)
Cooling LN2
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX Kingpin's
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Display(s) Philips BDM4350
Case none
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA NEX 1500W's
Mouse None (trackball)
Keyboard Steelseries APEX RAW and Corsair K-something
Software W2k8 R2 64bit SP1, FreeBSD 12
Benchmark Scores http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/tin?oldstyle=true
100k oscilloscope or 10 GHz oscilloscope is not required again to do power delivery network analysis of the VGA card. It is required for signal integrity measurements and verification, such as that pretty PAM4 eye diagram everybody saw on marketing presentation slides or for testing PCIe 4.0 signal quality and interface health (and 10GHz for that is not enough, gotta need 32GHz+, which together with probe system would go for 300k$+ mark). Why it is not needed for power testing and VRM tuning? Because major (99.9%) amount of frequency bandwidth involved in switching hundreds of amps on large planes like PCB has is limited to few tens MHz tops, and all fast transient at GHz are handled by GPU package, not the PCB.

Real life example. Let's imagine you are GPU and jumping up is equivalent to computing a frame in the game. You are healthy and strong GPU. You jump lightweight, you can jump 100 times an hour (e.g. 100 fps :D) no sweat. This is when you have no capacitive and inductive loading case. Now we add 1kg of weights to your backpack. You can jump only 80 times an hour, because now its harder to jump with that extra weight added (this is when we have just tiny MLCCs around). Let's add 10kg of weights.. this is some polymer "POSCAP"s around... Now you jump only 50 times, it's getting heavy to bring all that mass up, and then slow it down when you land... Now add VRM inductors and bulk capacitors...another 40 kg weight.... oops...you can barely jump at 5 times.... soooo heavy..... so sloooow.... This is PDN for dummies :D Power designer job is to optimize weights on each step, so system as a whole handle workloads well. And you don't need to know about muscle cell composition, neurons operation or immune system hormones or even blood flow (inner workings of GPU) when you doing jumps...

And while GPU operate at 2.1GHz (which is interesting question on itself, because internally clocks are not 2.1 GHz everywhere ;), current pulses and draw spikes that fast will never reach PCB level. This is ABC of circuit design and PDN design. The higher frequency is, the smaller (physical) sizes are. You cannot have current suddenly switch on huge copper sheet polygon with a GHz rate due to huge inductance and capacitance between PCB layers. That is why you have those teeeeny 01005 capacitors around the GPU/CPU dies and why you have layers inside BGA package (which is structured exactly like PCB, but smaller). Those are first line of "defense" against switching currents, and they filter GHz current transients. What reaches PCB right behind the core is tens and hundreds MHz rate tops. And having 1GHz or just 2.5GHz oscilloscope (to be sure) with PROPER probing is enough to measure 100MHz power spikes and ripple. Such scope is available at every AIB lab, nothing special.

Here's some basic documents on the topic: https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...wer-integrity/power-distribution-network.html
It is ALTERA (now Intel) page on PDN. It's about FPGA power design but same principle applies to CPU or GPU too. Please note that plot does not extend post 1 GHz ;). There is nice PDF going over basics too.

See those notches? Each notch is a particular "capacitor" (in reality its a combined inductance+capacitance+impedance). First notch would be bulk caps, then big MLCC, then smaller MLCC, than tiny MLCCs sprinkled everywhere on the PCB, then GPU package with onboard caps, and finally at tens/hundreds of MHz capacitance/inductance of package and die power networks itself.

Another plot showing notches from different decoupling "sources". Plot here shows impedance from DC to 10GHz. You can see on-package capacitors kick off at 100MHz+ mark, while on-die structures handle 1GHz+ range. Again, no 10GHz+ stuff or ASIC design knowledge required here, because while in theory we can probe inside GPU (and I'm sure NVIDIA R&D engineers do that during design of the chip with their multi-M$ equipment and fancy tools), it's irrelevant for PCB designer or AIB point of view for VRM/power design, because they are given chips as a whole, and have zero control over chip operation. But have requirements and target impedance and voltage margins, which must be met by PCB designer and VRM tuning/components selection.

These are just random pics on topic from 1 minute googling.

Also there is whole lot of another factors, which are way more important than decoupling banks. Such as load-line tuning, VRM stability and RFI/EMI aware design. If any if these are bad, than you can have perfect decoupling scheme and layout in the world, but your product will be unstable mess as a whole. It's like spending 10000$ on audiofoolery mains power cable (fancy MLCC arrays), while you have aluminum AWG22 wiring inside the wall (bad power settings, poor stability for VRM PWM controller) on the other side of the outlet :D Great job for capacitors , A+ for efforts, but still F for overclocking and meeting specs...

Btw, all of this is perfect example on HOW and WHY overclocking, especially liquid nitrogen overclocking is nice and helpful tool. If you just test design on NVIDIA spec conditions, you may never reach the poor stability VRM region. While pushing chip to 30-50% higher than the spec will instantly reveal instabilities and deficiency of the power design. And believe, here I am not talking about "which AIB card got more phases" or "whose MOSFET have 90A rating instead of 60A", but actual things that matter, like VRM stability, correct phase-shifts, balancing load, and of-course decoupling networks ;).

When I was working on all KPE cards, PDN experiments and measurements are what took most time, tuning for all those things in system level. And I didn't need to use fancy 10GHz oscilloscope for these tests. Okay, I'm done :D

I wouldn't be convinced MLCC is "better" until someone posts a sub-nanosecond transient on a $50,000 10GHz oscilloscope showing the problem. Heck, I've seen no actual evidence posted in this entire discussion that even suggests the PDN is the issue yet.

Bingo! My point precisely, I am not convinced at all that culprit is in using few MLCC or polymer cap behind a GPU, it's just misinformation and guesswork spread by one blogger IMHO.

In simple English ... we are both missing the required very damn expensive tools which they are required for in-depth analysis of what is happening.
Therefore it is wise that all of us, to wait for the findings of the well paid engineers them working at the big brands.

Also cost of placing components is low and not a big factor, compared to everything else. It's not like human getting paid per hour for placing every cap, it's done by PnP machines on automated lines.

I do have expensive tools, and one can buy 1GHz oscilloscope and decent differential probes from eBay for $3-6k without problem to measure and tune power delivery. But obviously I am not going into practice of it all, as I don't work in consumer field anymore. It is interesting problem to look at however, no denial about that, just not interesting enough :D.
And most likely we will never know the root cause, because stuff like this is never shown publicly, because this is bread and butter of AIBs that differentiate ones who just copy designs from ones who actually design things better by having how-to. So those well-paid engineers will need to keep their NDAs and not say a word. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

Just do a Google search, POSCAP are Panasonic only.

I understand this. what my point was, is some people are still confusing the fact that POSCAP is a brand of panasonic, not a type of capacitor, and stating some GPU's have POSCAPS on when they do not.

TiN

Processor Intel ES
Cooling LN2
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Case none
Mouse None (trackball)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
POSCAP is registered brand/trademark name for Panasonic's line of capacitors.
Like "Core i7" for some Intel processors.
It's still a cap type. The branding is not relevant.

TiN

Processor Intel ES
Cooling LN2
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Case none
Mouse None (trackball)
Let's call all proccessors Core i7's then :D

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
System Name Home
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk 450 MAX
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 CAS 16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700XT EVOKE OC
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB
Display(s) ASUS VA326HR + MSI Optix G24C4
Case MSI - MAG Forge 100M
Power Supply Aerocool Lux RGB M 650W
I understand this. what my point was, is some people are still confusing the fact that POSCAP is a brand of panasonic, not a type of capacitor, and stating some GPU's have POSCAPS on when they do not.
My bad, I misunderstood your comment, maybe it was a tad too short for me ;)

100k oscilloscope or 10 GHz oscilloscope is not required again to do power delivery network analysis of the VGA card. It is required for signal integrity measurements and verification, such as that pretty PAM4 eye diagram everybody saw on marketing presentation slides or for testing PCIe 4.0 signal quality and interface health (and 10GHz for that is not enough, gotta need 32GHz+, which together with probe system would go for 300k$+ mark). Why it is not needed for power testing and VRM tuning? Because major (99.9%) amount of frequency bandwidth involved in switching hundreds of amps on large planes like PCB has is limited to few tens MHz tops, and all fast transient at GHz are handled by GPU package, not the PCB.

Real life example. Let's imagine you are GPU and jumping up is equivalent to computing a frame in the game. You are healthy and strong GPU. You jump lightweight, you can jump 100 times an hour (e.g. 100 fps :D) no sweat. This is when you have no capacitive and inductive loading case. Now we add 1kg of weights to your backpack. You can jump only 80 times an hour, because now its harder to jump with that extra weight added (this is when we have just tiny MLCCs around). Let's add 10kg of weights.. this is some polymer "POSCAP"s around... Now you jump only 50 times, it's getting heavy to bring all that mass up, and then slow it down when you land... Now add VRM inductors and bulk capacitors...another 40 kg weight.... oops...you can barely jump at 5 times.... soooo heavy..... so sloooow.... This is PDN for dummies :D Power designer job is to optimize weights on each step, so system as a whole handle workloads well. And you don't need to know about muscle cell composition, neurons operation or immune system hormones or even blood flow (inner workings of GPU) when you doing jumps...

And while GPU operate at 2.1GHz (which is interesting question on itself, because internally clocks are not 2.1 GHz everywhere ;), current pulses and draw spikes that fast will never reach PCB level. This is ABC of circuit design and PDN design. The higher frequency is, the smaller (physical) sizes are. You cannot have current suddenly switch on huge copper sheet polygon with a GHz rate due to huge inductance and capacitance between PCB layers. That is why you have those teeeeny 01005 capacitors around the GPU/CPU dies and why you have layers inside BGA package (which is structured exactly like PCB, but smaller). Those are first line of "defense" against switching currents, and they filter GHz current transients. What reaches PCB right behind the core is tens and hundreds MHz rate tops. And having 1GHz or just 2.5GHz oscilloscope (to be sure) with PROPER probing is enough to measure 100MHz power spikes and ripple. Such scope is available at every AIB lab, nothing special.

Here's some basic documents on the topic: https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...wer-integrity/power-distribution-network.html
It is ALTERA (now Intel) page on PDN. It's about FPGA power design but same principle applies to CPU or GPU too. Please note that plot does not extend post 1 GHz ;). There is nice PDF going over basics too.

See those notches? Each notch is a particular "capacitor" (in reality its a combined inductance+capacitance+impedance). First notch would be bulk caps, then big MLCC, then smaller MLCC, than tiny MLCCs sprinkled everywhere on the PCB, then GPU package with onboard caps, and finally at tens/hundreds of MHz capacitance/inductance of package and die power networks itself.

Another plot showing notches from different decoupling "sources". Plot here shows impedance from DC to 10GHz. You can see on-package capacitors kick off at 100MHz+ mark, while on-die structures handle 1GHz+ range. Again, no 10GHz+ stuff or ASIC design knowledge required here, because while in theory we can probe inside GPU (and I'm sure NVIDIA R&D engineers do that during design of the chip with their multi-M$ equipment and fancy tools), it's irrelevant for PCB designer or AIB point of view for VRM/power design, because they are given chips as a whole, and have zero control over chip operation. But have requirements and target impedance and voltage margins, which must be met by PCB designer and VRM tuning/components selection.

These are just random pics on topic from 1 minute googling.

Also there is whole lot of another factors, which are way more important than decoupling banks. Such as load-line tuning, VRM stability and RFI/EMI aware design. If any if these are bad, than you can have perfect decoupling scheme and layout in the world, but your product will be unstable mess as a whole. It's like spending 10000$ on audiofoolery mains power cable (fancy MLCC arrays), while you have aluminum AWG22 wiring inside the wall (bad power settings, poor stability for VRM PWM controller) on the other side of the outlet :D Great job for capacitors , A+ for efforts, but still F for overclocking and meeting specs...

Btw, all of this is perfect example on HOW and WHY overclocking, especially liquid nitrogen overclocking is nice and helpful tool. If you just test design on NVIDIA spec conditions, you may never reach the poor stability VRM region. While pushing chip to 30-50% higher than the spec will instantly reveal instabilities and deficiency of the power design. And believe, here I am not talking about "which AIB card got more phases" or "whose MOSFET have 90A rating instead of 60A", but actual things that matter, like VRM stability, correct phase-shifts, balancing load, and of-course decoupling networks ;).

When I was working on all KPE cards, PDN experiments and measurements are what took most time, tuning for all those things in system level. And I didn't need to use fancy 10GHz oscilloscope for these tests. Okay, I'm done :D

Bingo! My point precisely, I am not convinced at all that culprit is in using few MLCC or polymer cap behind a GPU, it's just misinformation and guesswork spread by one blogger IMHO.

I do have expensive tools, and one can buy 1GHz oscilloscope and decent differential probes from eBay for $3-6k without problem to measure and tune power delivery. But obviously I am not going into practice of it all, as I don't work in consumer field anymore. It is interesting problem to look at however, no denial about that, just not interesting enough :D.
And most likely we will never know the root cause, because stuff like this is never shown publicly, because this is bread and butter of AIBs that differentiate ones who just copy designs from ones who actually design things better by having how-to. So those well-paid engineers will need to keep their NDAs and not say a word. :)
Hi Tin,
the evga statement posted by jacob seems to be supportting the "guesswork" from that blogger, what do you think?

i have seen some ppl saying after shutmod or flashing xoc bios on watercooled 2080ti/titan, they can get 21XX~22XX mhz for binned gpu in games/benchmarks.
what is your guess on rtx3090 kingpin? should we expect such level of oc on 3080/3090?

thanks.

Last edited:
System Name Marmo / Kanon
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi / X570S Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S x 2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2666-C16 / 32GB 3200-C16
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX3070 Ti / Asus TUF RX 6800XT OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, 860 EVO 1TB / Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 970 EVO+ 1TB
Display(s) Dell AW2521HFA / U2715H
Case Fractal Design Focus G / Pop Air RGB
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Creative SB ZxR
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus GX 650W / PX 750W
Mouse Logitech MX310 / G1
Keyboard Logitech G413 / G513
Software Win 11 Ent
AIBs have got used to sub 250W cards from nvidia. As a result they've under-estimated how crucial power delivery circuitry design needs to be for these monstrous GA102 chips.

Anyway whoever is going to be buying a 3080 (new or used) on ebay will have to be extremely careful and possibly ask for a visual inspection of the pcb to make sure he/she isn't paying the full whack for an early batch unit.

Last edited:
i have seen some ppl saying after shutmod or flashing xoc bios on watercooled 2080ti/titan, they can get 21XX~22XX mhz for binned gpu in games.
Is it reliably so, though? I have my fair share of ulps unlocked vrm failures.

TiN

Processor Intel ES
Cooling LN2
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Case none
Mouse None (trackball)
i have seen some ppl saying after shutmod or flashing xoc bios on watercooled 2080ti/titan, they can get 21XX~22XX mhz for binned gpu in games/benchmarks.
what is your guess on rtx3090 kingpin? should we expect such level of oc on 3080/3090?

thanks.

How would I know? I don't even have any 30*0 card :D . I've seen enough of 3Dmarks in last 10 years, haha. But to your point, I kept repeating on oc guides and posts, that high clocks do not mean best performance. Like KPE 1080Ti running 50MHz less than competitor card in same benchmark but having higher score in 3Dmark :) Think of cars, you may have 5.7 liter engine, but yet be slower than 3.6L Turbo...

System Name DESKTOP-DFEPB9I :D
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5GHz all cores full time, 1.225V
Motherboard ROG Strix B550 E - gaming
Cooling Silverstone Permafrost 240mm Radiator
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600MHz (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity
Storage Primary: Samsung Evo 970 500GB,Secondary: Samsung Evo 970 500GB + Samsung Evo 850 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q 27" 1440p 144Hz 1ms IPS, FreeSync Premium + Gsync
Case Antec DP502 FLUX
Audio Device(s) Asus Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM750W (2019)
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Keyboard Corsair K70 V2 Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows10 Pro x64
The Reddit post was wrong. The whole process of mounting the smaller components is a more expensive one. The components themselves are not all that expensive it's just getting them soldered on that presents the more involved process.
Uhm,let me recap what you just wrote.
So you say,certain production cost is all about how components are placed,but ignoring the cost(=quality) of the given components?
Actually you are so clueless..but then you shouldnt act otherwise.

Last edited:
System Name Room Heater Pro
Processor i9-13900KF
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI
Cooling Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX 420mm
Memory Kingston Renegade RGB, 32GB 2x2x16GB, DDR5, 6400MHz, CL32
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OC 24GB
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade Gen.4, 4TB, NVMe, M.2.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ, 47.5", 4K, OLED, 138Hz, 0.1 ms, G-SYNC
Case Thermaltake View 51 TG ARGB
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor, 1200W Platinum
Mouse Logitech Pro X Superlight 2
Keyboard Logitech G213 RGB
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 21H2
just an FYI, there is a "watch" button at the top of the page just for subscribing. :)

Either I'm blind, or there isn't one. I even searched for it with Ctrl+F.

Later edit: after posting this reply now it took me to a section of the site where there is an "unwatch" button. The original page where I was reading the comments didn't have either "watch" or "unwatch":

System Name Home
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk 450 MAX
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 CAS 16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700XT EVOKE OC
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB
Display(s) ASUS VA326HR + MSI Optix G24C4
Case MSI - MAG Forge 100M
Power Supply Aerocool Lux RGB M 650W
Either I'm blind, or there isn't one. I even searched for it with Ctrl+F.

Later edit: after posting this reply now it took me to a section of the site where there is an "unwatch" button. The original page where I was reading the comments didn't have either "watch" or "unwatch":

There are 2 views, the comment view, and the forum view, the watch option is visible in the forum one.
Hah ninja edit ;)

System Name Room Heater Pro
Processor i9-13900KF
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI
Cooling Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX 420mm
Memory Kingston Renegade RGB, 32GB 2x2x16GB, DDR5, 6400MHz, CL32
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock OC 24GB
Storage Kingston FURY Renegade Gen.4, 4TB, NVMe, M.2.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ, 47.5", 4K, OLED, 138Hz, 0.1 ms, G-SYNC
Case Thermaltake View 51 TG ARGB
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor, 1200W Platinum
Mouse Logitech Pro X Superlight 2
Keyboard Logitech G213 RGB
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 21H2
There are 2 views, the comment view, and the forum view, the watch option is visible in the forum one.
Hah ninja edit ;)

Yeah, thanks, I suspected this was the case, but I initially found no way to switch to the forum view. After a bit more digging, clicking on the #nnn number at the top right of one of the comments will take you to the forum version of the thread.

AIBs cheaping out is a mis-information. POSCAPs are more expensive than MLCCs. MLCC is good at high frequency and POSCAP is good under high tempreture and they are durable. If POSCAP is the issue its due to lack of testing before sending the cards out not because the AIBs want to save money.

Just have this funny feeling - Lisa Su is coming for Nvidia this time. These are the first cards that the dude that went to Intel didn't have his fingers in. Maybe it is time to slowly wade back into AMD.
and yes I bought a Radeon 7 lol

System Name ROG 7900X3d By purecain
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7900X3D
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Memory 64Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 neo RGB 6400@6000mhz@1.41v
Video Card(s) Aorus RTX4090 Extreme Waterforce
Storage 990Pro2Tb-1TbSamsung Evo M.2/ 2TbSamsung QVO/ 1TbSamsung Evo780/ 120gbKingston Now
Display(s) LG 65UN85006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
Case Thermaltake CoreX71 Limited Edition Etched Tempered Glass Door
Audio Device(s) On board/NIcomplete audio 6
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS 1000w 80+
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard K95 RGB Platinum
Software Windows11pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]
So Asus is the only brand using the decent MLCC's am i right?

BTW lets hope a load of people using bots to buy up all the cards get stuck with the early batch's. That would be perfect.

Last edited:
System Name R9 5950x/Skylake 6400
Processor R9 5950x/i5 6400
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master X570/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360/Stock
Memory 4x8GB Patriot PVS416G4440 CL14/G.S Ripjaws 32 GB F4-3200C16D-32GV
Video Card(s) 7900XTX/6900XT
Storage RIP Seagate 530 4TB (died after 7 months), WD SN850 2TB, Aorus 2TB, Corsair MP600 1TB / 960 Evo 1TB
Display(s) 3x LG 27gl850 1440p
Case Custom builds
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply Silverstone 1000watt modular Gold/1000Watt Antec
Software Win11pro/win10pro / Win10 Home / win7 / wista 64 bit and XPpro
Strange thing looking at product pics of Asus TUF, TUF OC and STRIX they all show the "bad" layout of components under the GPU socket - cant help to wonder if Asus did catch the problem early and just didnt share the information with the rest of AIB

Strange thing looking at product pics of Asus TUF, TUF OC and STRIX they all show the "bad" layout of components under the GPU socket - cant help to wonder if Asus did catch the problem early and just didnt share the information with the rest of AIB

thats what im thinking, at the same time the rest are competition so yea makes sense..

THAT was awesome!! I love Dr Cox!

@OneMoar & @Rado D

I'm redirecting that video right back at you the two of you and I'm going to suggest that you go do some "moar" reading, paying careful attention to context. There are a few subtleties you both seem to be missing.