• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RTX 3080Ti red appears orange on TV/monitors

mlevant1965

Good afternoon!

I've been trying to figure out an answer for this and just stumped. I have an RTX 3080 TI in my gaming PC. My computer is about a year old.. When my computer and gaming monitor are connected via DisplayPort, my colors are fine.

When I go from the GPU to a TV monitor or my AtGames pinball TV monitor, via HDMI cord, anything red appears orange. I have done a Nvidia driver update. I have tried a few different HDMI cords, I have tried the pinball monitor and two TVs. I have gone through the Nvidia control panel and put it to full RGB and the various settings in there, but nothing seems to work.

Could it be defective HDMI ports on the card? I know this isn't a major problem but still like to know why I can't get red displayed. Really weird

If anyone else experienced this and might know what the issue could be I would really appreciate the help. My next step is to buy a different video card but hope it doesn't have to come to that. Thank you . Mark

ir_cow

Staff member
My first guess is that pinball monitor doesn't support the 16.8 million colors (sRGB). But it could be the HDMI cable or some setting in the control panel.

mlevant1965

Thank you for the reply! Others seem to say that they have no trouble. I've tried three different HDMI cords. I don't get it lol

ir_cow

Staff member
Well. You know the video card works already. Tried different HDMI cable. So whats left in the mointor itself and monitor settings. Make sure the video card isn't try to output the wrong HRz or color format. (8bit vs 10bit, etc).

mlevant1965

Do you think it's possible that the card still might be defective or maybe it isn't pushed in all the way in? I've tried three different monitors. I really appreciate the help