• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX 470 4GB error 3.

KindaWindy

Hello guys, recently i bought a second hand rx 570 4gb, which was used for mining, i had a IT tech friend and he put my gpu on my motherboard, it worked fine at the start, then after i had to restart my pc, i started getting this error, i've tried uninstalling my drivers with DDU, then installing them again, didnt work, also atikmdag-patcher didnt work either
I've scrolled through this website and came to a conclusion that i need to flash my gpu, can anyone talk me through it, i've had no experience regarding gpu's and pc's at all, so im kinda scared to try it i might end up doing something stupid.
1594444449684.png

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
You don't need to flash anything just yet.

Download GPU-Z and post a screenshot.

Run the task manager, and take a screenshot of the performance tab.

KindaWindy

Run cmd.exe as administrator and type in:

dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

Reboot, uninstall AMD drivers,reboot, perform a cleanup with AMD Cleanup Utility and then reboot again.

Download and install AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.4.2 WHQL.
i will try this, will keep you updated, thanks a lot for helping me

Run cmd.exe as administrator and type in:

dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

Reboot, uninstall AMD drivers,reboot, perform a cleanup with AMD Cleanup Utility and then reboot again.

Download and install AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.4.2 WHQL.
Didnt work, previously i had error 3, now Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)