• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX 470 4GB error 3.

KindaWindy

Hello guys, recently i bought a second hand rx 570 4gb, which was used for mining, i had a IT tech friend and he put my gpu on my motherboard, it worked fine at the start, then after i had to restart my pc, i started getting this error, i've tried uninstalling my drivers with DDU, then installing them again, didnt work, also atikmdag-patcher didnt work either
I've scrolled through this website and came to a conclusion that i need to flash my gpu, can anyone talk me through it, i've had no experience regarding gpu's and pc's at all, so im kinda scared to try it i might end up doing something stupid.
1594444449684.png

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
You don't need to flash anything just yet.

Download GPU-Z and post a screenshot.

Run the task manager, and take a screenshot of the performance tab.

KindaWindy

Run cmd.exe as administrator and type in:

dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

Reboot, uninstall AMD drivers,reboot, perform a cleanup with AMD Cleanup Utility and then reboot again.

Download and install AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.4.2 WHQL.
i will try this, will keep you updated, thanks a lot for helping me

sfc /scannow

Reboot, uninstall AMD drivers,reboot, perform a cleanup with AMD Cleanup Utility and then reboot again.

Didnt work, previously i had error 3, now Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Traxen

sfc /scannow

Thank you! You are a lifesaver! I tried everything on the internet but nothing worked for me until now.
Yesterday while mining my electricity suddenly stopped and the other day both of my GPUs were found as ATi cards with error 43 in device manager, IDK how this happened but it's fact.

Thank you again! :love:

sfc /scannow

Just to make you aware, the last time I checked AMD clean-up utility can also be found in any Adrenalin Software Folder. I don't think it makes any difference as I expect both should be up-to-date.