• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX 5600 XT issues

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have no problems with the psu i have problems with the "drivers"
A bad PSU can cause components to misbehave, again causing drivers to crash. It's not very common, but definitely not rare either.

Have you set your CPU and RAM to default clocks? Tried running Memtest to check for memory errors? Tried a DDU driver uninstall and reinstall?

A bad PSU can cause components to misbehave, again causing drivers to crash. It's not very common, but definitely not rare either.

Have you set your CPU and RAM to default clocks? Tried running Memtest to check for memory errors? Tried a DDU driver uninstall and reinstall?

Reinstalling wont help because amd drivers are made by pure vomit

And now i run on 2 gpus a rx 5600 xt and my old rx 560 and both hit 100% so its not the psu problem

SWIRF TV

also ive never seen the gigabyte 5600 xt gaming oc hit above 130 W overclocked to the max allowed by the vbios update FA0

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Reinstalling wont help because amd drivers are made by pure vomit

And now i run on 2 gpus a rx 5600 xt and my old rx 560 and both hit 100% so its not the psu problem
I've never had any driver issues with my AMD cards, so I wouldn't exactly agree with that - but I guess YMMV. Also, you came here looking for help, right? I would suggest listening to the advice you are getting if you are actually interested in trying to fix this or getting any more help. A DDU driver uninstall and reinstall is a basic troubleshooting step that can fix a lot of problems.

Also, you don't seem to grasp the core of why the PSU is brought up: a bad PSU (for example one with a very noisy output or lots of voltage drop under load) can cause lots of weird issues that seem entirely unrelated to the PSU. This rarely has any clear relation to the max output of the PSU. And again, I'm not saying I think that is the case, but you do have a cheap PSU from a series with a relatively bad reputation, so it's entirely possible.

Did you reset your overclocks?

SWIRF TV

New bios update ...
Newer then the FA0 bios that claims 180W ? Cuz it only actually his 130w at 1820 core and 1860 mem clock and 120% power Target. And 100% fans might boost it to 140 w

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Newer then the FA0 bios that claims 180W ? Cuz it only actually his 130w at 1820 core and 1860 mem clock and 120% power Target. And 100% fans might boost it to 140 w
Where is that 130W number from? Most monitoring tools only report GPU die power for AMD cards, which is not the same as card power as it excludes VRAM power, VRM losses and other ancillary circuitry. 180W still seems high for an RX 5600 XT, but 130W also sounds low.

I've never had any driver issues with my AMD cards, so I wouldn't exactly agree with that - but I guess YMMV. Also, you came here looking for help, right? I would suggest listening to the advice you are getting if you are actually interested in trying to fix this or getting any more help. A DDU driver uninstall and reinstall is a basic troubleshooting step that can fix a lot of problems.

Also, you don't seem to grasp the core of why the PSU is brought up: a bad PSU (for example one with a very noisy output or lots of voltage drop under load) can cause lots of weird issues that seem entirely unrelated to the PSU. This rarely has any clear relation to the max output of the PSU. And again, I'm not saying I think that is the case, but you do have a cheap PSU from a series with a relatively bad reputation, so it's entirely possible.

Did you reset your overclocks?
Bro i'm scared if i reinstall the drivers they get even worst because the drivers on 5000 are mostly on crack (even minecraft crashes when it is cpu dependent) but it seems like most problems are on the Direct X12 api because i almost never saw a problem on Vulkan api

And tbh i never saw issues with the psu never got noisy no core drops

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
It's likely the overclock isnt stable, and its causing the driver to crash.
Software needs stable hardware to work correctly, or it crashes - and yes GPU drivers are sensitive to unstable overclocks.
Your PSU could be faulty, but even my system doesnt hit 400W measured at the wall, you dont need a high wattage PSU (although it could be failing, that does happen randomly)

set your CPU and GPU to their factory speeds and voltages, and see how things behave

It's likely the overclock isnt stable, and its causing the driver to crash.
Software needs stable hardware to work correctly, or it crashes - and yes GPU drivers are sensitive to unstable overclocks.
Your PSU could be faulty, but even my system doesnt hit 400W measured at the wall, you dont need a high wattage PSU (although it could be failing, that does happen randomly)

set your CPU and GPU to their factory speeds and voltages, and see how things behave

I have stable overclock all cores hit 4ghz without any problem (even had room for more overclocking but that showed some unstable results)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I have stable overclock all cores hit 4ghz without any problem (even had room for more overclocking but that showed some unstable results)

and my ryzen 1400 VR system could pass every single test i threw at it, but it would crash out in VR games by resetting the GPU and/or USB drivers. no overclock is ever guaranteed to be stable, test at stock.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Bro i'm scared if i reinstall the drivers they get even worst because the drivers on 5000 are mostly on crack (even minecraft crashes when it is cpu dependent) but it seems like most problems are on the Direct X12 api because i almost never saw a problem on Vulkan api

And tbh i never saw issues with the psu never got noisy no core drops
Minecraft is a terribly written piece of software running in a Java VM (which in itself is a terrible idea) that crashes if you look at it wrong. That likely has nothing to do with your drivers (or if the driver crashes, it's likely that the game caused it to crash and not the other way around).

Unless you have some sort of electricity sensing superpower, you can't tell if your PSU is creating more electrical noise than it should without the use of an oscilloscope. I was not talking about auditory noise (sound). As for voltage drop: how are you monitoring that? Software voltage monitoring is notoriously unreliable.

As for reinstalling drivers: there's absolutely no reason to be scared of that. It's pretty much the first step of any such troubleshooting session. And the reputation of RX 5000-series drivers being terrible is very, very overblown - they were quite bad when the cards launched, and there were some new issues when the 5600 XT hit, but the vast majority of issues were cleared up within a few weeks. If this is a driver issue, you are likely just having a run of bad luck.

If your system is unstable and it's overclocked, there is a significant chance that the OC is the reason, even if it otherwise seems stable. How did you verify the stability of your OC? 24h+ runs of Prime95? OCCT for a similar time? Memtest + some memory-heavy long-term workload to stress RAM? Unless you have done serious long-term testing there is no way of knowing if your OC is stable or just seems that way. Especially RAM OC'ing is a serious can of worms that needs a lot of knowledge, time and effort to get right.

Minecraft is a terribly written piece of software running in a Java VM (which in itself is a terrible idea) that crashes if you look at it wrong. That likely has nothing to do with your drivers (or if the driver crashes, it's likely that the game caused it to crash and not the other way around).

Unless you have some sort of electricity sensing superpower, you can't tell if your PSU is creating more electrical noise than it should without the use of an oscilloscope. I was not talking about auditory noise (sound). As for voltage drop: how are you monitoring that? Software voltage monitoring is notoriously unreliable.

As for reinstalling drivers: there's absolutely no reason to be scared of that. It's pretty much the first step of any such troubleshooting session. And the reputation of RX 5000-series drivers being terrible is very, very overblown - they were quite bad when the cards launched, and there were some new issues when the 5600 XT hit, but the vast majority of issues were cleared up within a few weeks. If this is a driver issue, you are likely just having a run of bad luck.

If your system is unstable and it's overclocked, there is a significant chance that the OC is the reason, even if it otherwise seems stable. How did you verify the stability of your OC? 24h+ runs of Prime95? OCCT for a similar time? Memtest + some memory-heavy long-term workload to stress RAM? Unless you have done serious long-term testing there is no way of knowing if your OC is stable or just seems that way. Especially RAM OC'ing is a serious can of worms that needs a lot of knowledge, time and effort to get right.
4 housre long sony vegas video rendering

Even furmark crashes some times and furmark has nothing to do with cpu only gpu

SWIRF TV

Where is that 130W number from? Most monitoring tools only report GPU die power for AMD cards, which is not the same as card power as it excludes VRAM power, VRM losses and other ancillary circuitry. 180W still seems high for an RX 5600 XT, but 130W also sounds low.
Hwinfo GPU asic power and GPU z GPU chip power draw. Same numbers

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hwinfo GPU asic power and GPU z GPU chip power draw. Same numbers
Exactly. That is only for the die, not the whole card.
4 housre long sony vegas video rendering

Even furmark crashes some times and furmark has nothing to do with cpu only gpu
That can still be down to memory instability. Also, furmark is a torture load designed to maximise power draw and nothing else. If it triggers crashes, that could indeed indicate poor quality power coming from your PSU (a severe voltage drop, for example, will cause the GPU or driver to crash).

Also, a 4-hour video render is not sufficient to ensure an overclock is completely stable.

Now can you please reset your clocks and retest? And do a DDU driver uninstall and a fresh reinstall (after a reboot)? At this point you are spending more time arguing against our suggested troubleshooting steps than you would need to spend testing them...

Exactly. That is only for the die, not the whole card.

That can still be down to memory instability. Also, furmark is a torture load designed to maximise power draw and nothing else. If it triggers crashes, that could indeed indicate poor quality power coming from your PSU (a severe voltage drop, for example, will cause the GPU or driver to crash).

Also, a 4-hour video render is not sufficient to ensure an overclock is completely stable.

Now can you please reset your clocks and retest? And do a DDU driver uninstall and a fresh reinstall (after a reboot)? At this point you are spending more time arguing against our suggested troubleshooting steps than you would need to spend testing them...
Tbh i think ur right psu problem my rx 5600 xt lights stopped working and as soon i removed the rx560 they lights turned back on

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Tbh i think ur right psu problem my rx 5600 xt lights stopped working and as soon i removed the rx560 they lights turned back on
It's hard to understand what you mean from the way you write - care to elaborate and rephrase a bit? Which lights? On the GPU, or other lights? If others, what are they connected to? And do you have both an RX 560 an an RX 5600 XT? Did you have both installed at once?

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Also, furmark is a torture load designed to maximise power draw and nothing else. If it triggers crashes, that could indeed indicate poor quality power coming from your PSU (a severe voltage drop, for example, will cause the GPU or driver to crash).
Furmark shouldn't be used....period. The difference in power from gaming load to furmark isnt much, believe it or not. If you notice, both amd and nvidia cards throttle clocks and voltages to fit under the power limit...nvidia runs a couple hundred mhz lower, in fact.

To all, stop using Furmark as a test for gpus. Both amd and nvidia call it a power virus and suggest to not use it. Again, if you arent testing at the voltage and clockspeed you game at...what good is it, really? Use UL's Time Spy or Firestrike...

I confirmed that the drivers are the problem

I left my pc open for 2 days on resident evil 3 and after i switched to another game it died

SWIRF TV

I have the solution. works for 98% of the 1200 people who watched the video