• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX 580 bad flash!

Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force TXKD416G3600HC18ADC01 16gbs XMP
Video Card(s) HP GTX1650 super 4gb
Storage MZVLB256HBHQ-000H1 PM981a (256GB)/3TB HDD
Display(s) Nitro XF243Y Pbmiiprx
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Keyboard Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
Hi big hope on you...... need for msi 580 4go and msi 570 4go.

Hopeeee

will see what i can do.

edit: here you go. run "bios flash" as admin. if that does not work just run it regularly. if that still does not work run "AtiFlash.exe" as admin and dont close the window that pops up, just leave it alone! now open "Bios flash" and it should flash the rom.

Attachments

• rx580 4gb bios.rar
    271.3 KB · Views: 334
  • rx570 4gb bios.rar
    271.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Processor 11700
Motherboard TUF z590
Memory G.Skill 32gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ROG Vega 56
Case Deepcool
Power Supply RM 850
I know, but does it even pay the power bills what the mining uses?

Power bill is a small thing to worry about thanks do this freaking mining spree there lies a big sign OUT OF STOCK at every shop.

robin

will see what i can do.

edit: here you go. run "bios flash" as admin. if that does not work just run it regularly. if that still does not work run "AtiFlash.exe" as admin and dont close the window that pops up, just leave it alone! now open "Bios flash" and it should flash the rom.

ARFFFFFF, still the same problem, say i need to run as admin, but a don't know why ...... i'am with admin right and i run as admin......

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
ARFFFFFF, still the same problem, say i need to run as admin, but a don't know why ...... i'am with admin right and i run as admin......

Doesn't matter if you have admin rights, it will still ask

robin

will see what i can do.

Doesn't matter if you have admin rights, it will still ask

But why ???? do you have a solution, that's the final step. HOPE

Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
have you tried right clicking on the icon and selecting run as administrator?

try right clicking on "AtiFlash.exe" and click "run as administrator". after you do that dont press any key. just leave the command prompt window open then double click "bios flash.bat". that should do it.

edit: follow the images in order from step 1, 2, 3.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,573
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    178 KB · Views: 1,569
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    220.9 KB · Views: 1,487
Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Use Windows powershell instead right click on Windows logo ,power shell with admin, then add.
.\

To any flash command at the start.

robin

try right clicking on "AtiFlash.exe" and click "run as administrator". after you do that dont press any key. just leave the command prompt window open then double click "bios flash.bat". that should do it.

Unfortunetly, on safe mode i can't do that., cause i'am on BUILT IN ADMIN. I try to change local police security to allowed me on safe mode, and to be not on BUILT IN, but no way nothing APPENED. I'am currently trying to restore the bios with a USB BOOT. I'am on the right way i think. The only thing that i need now, is to find num of adaptater, cause when i put atiflash -f - p 0 bios.rom , i've got ADAPTER LOST.

I need to find

HERE IS THE PBBBB . AAAAAAHAHAHAHA i will become crazy

Attachments

• probleme.JPG
    probleme.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,210
Last edited by a moderator:
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
One card at a time easier

robin

One card at a time easier

Ok i'am totally done. I saw that apparently, my cards have got the bios block. And you don't have any chance to unlock the bios.................. F$#%! i'am done.

I will try to send the 6 cards on warrantly, and hope MSI will be kind with me, and unlock the bios to restore the good one.

I will buy 6 new card anyway, but this time, SAPPHIRE will be my choice, cause if i'am stupid again, i've got the security of the switch mode on the card to come back.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
You can unlock bios using atiflas
Ok i'am totally done. I saw that apparently, my cards have got the bios block. And you don't have any chance to unlock the bios.................. FUCKKKK, i'am done.

I will try to send the 6 cards on warrantly, and hope MSI will be kind with me, and unlock the bios to restore the good one.

I will buy 6 new card anyway, but this time, SAPPHIRE will be my choice, cause if i'am stupid again, i've got the security of the switch mode on the card to come back.

FREAKING SHIT
You could do with a testrig pc to setup cards on mate, you can unlock bios using atiflash but i see your issues prevent it but adding a card at a time into a pc with a ok os it would be easy to unlock and force flash a bios even if the cards not seen it can still work but to be honest im baffled if they were locked how did you manage to write the bad bios to them.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Ok i'am totally done. I saw that apparently, my cards have got the bios block. And you don't have any chance to unlock the bios.................. FUCKKKK, i'am done.

FREAKING SHIT

Contact MSI for the correct bios, tools and procedures. You need the model and sku of the card. If that doesn't work, rma chances are slim especially since you "tampered" with the card. You can try but no guarantee. By the way you hsve to make sure the card does have a dual bios, as some do not.

robin

Contact MSI for the correct bios, tools and procedures. You need the model and sku of the card. If that doesn't work, rma chances are slim especially since you "tampered" with the card. You can try but no guarantee. By the way you hsve to make sure the card does have a dual bios, as some do not.

Ok i'am back in the fight now. So if i resume, i've got to success possibilites :

2 situations problems :

1) I can run on Windows the onboard graphic card, with the 570 rX connected, but withtout the driver. So i've got on device manager : Micrososft video etcc. If i want to install the driver, during the installation, i've got a blue screen with (SYSTEM ERROR FAILURE )........

2) I can run on Windows safe mode with the onboard graphic card, with the 570 rx connected, and i can install the driver. In device manager : 570 RX OK. The problem is, i can't run atiflash on safe mode. Even with admin access, local police security allowed etcccccccc. I'am still on built in administrator.........

So if someone knows how win against one of these situation, i think my cards will be save ;))))

Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
try creating a bootable usb dos drive and flash from dos.

robin

Already done but apparently no adaptateur found on the dos. Look previous post, i posted a picture

ALL RIGHT GUYSSSSSSSSSS I AM FREAKINGGGGGGG BACK IN THE GAMMEEEEEEE. I've got my 6 cards running well with a good MOD : 171 MH YESSSSSS.

THE MEN KILL THE MACHINEEEEEEEE.

Thank you every one, specially FINAL FIGHTER. Your ROM save me ;)

How i did it : So like everything wasn't the good solution. I reset windows to have something clean.

I took one of my RX580.
Connect one of the cracked RX570
Run into windows safemode
Install driver on RX570
Run into windows
Open with admin right atiflash : i could see my RX 580, and one AMD RADEON 10 play (the rx 570 with unstalled driver)
Wasn't possible to program the back up bios on the amd radeon 10 (cause nothing was seeing)
So go in CMD : and did : atiwinflash -f -p 1 rx570.rom (the backup)
Reboot
Run in device manager : So i could see the RX580 and a Micrososft vga device
Click on it and Install the catalyst 17.5.2

AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Every thing all right.

I 'am so happy thank you every one. Now i think, i'am an expert on bios mistake ;))))).

Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro

Rogelio Torres

ALL RIGHT GUYSSSSSSSSSS I AM FREAKINGGGGGGG BACK IN THE GAMMEEEEEEE. I've got my 6 cards running well with a good MOD : 171 MH YESSSSSS.

THE MEN KILL THE MACHINEEEEEEEE.

Thank you every one, specially FINAL FIGHTER. Your ROM save me ;)

How i did it : So like everything wasn't the good solution. I reset windows to have something clean.

I took one of my RX580.
Connect one of the cracked RX570
Run into windows safemode
Install driver on RX570
Run into windows
Open with admin right atiflash : i could see my RX 580, and one AMD RADEON 10 play (the rx 570 with unstalled driver)
Wasn't possible to program the back up bios on the amd radeon 10 (cause nothing was seeing)
So go in CMD : and did : atiwinflash -f -p 1 rx570.rom (the backup)
Reboot
Run in device manager : So i could see the RX580 and a Micrososft vga device
Click on it and Install the catalyst 17.5.2

AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Every thing all right.

I 'am so happy thank you every one. Now i think, i'am an expert on bios mistake ;))))).

Dude, I have unfortunately the same issue, can you explain a little bit more on your solution,?... which Windows version did you used? did you install the RX580 in normal mode? did you use your motherboard as the primary source of video or the RX580? when you said install the driver for the RX570 in safe mode which driver did you refer, the one on the installation CD each card contains?

Robin ... Thanks in advance for your help.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Dude, I have unfortunately the same issue, can you explain a little bit more on your solution,?... which Windows version did you used? did you install the RX580 in normal mode? did you use your motherboard as the primary source of video or the RX580? when you said install the driver for the RX570 in safe mode which driver did you refer, the one on the installation CD each card contains?

Robin ... Thanks in advance for your help.

Goodluck with getting an answer, he hasn't been here since June 20th.

There are plenty of guides out there to recover from a bad flash, same with videos you just have to do the foot work to get them.

@infrared, @fullinfusion, @MrGenius, what are your thoughts on this matter?

1. Windows version doesn't matter.

2. He doesn't mention installing the RX 580. I assume by "install" you mean "install the drivers for". He says he installed the drivers for the RX 570 in safe-mode. Then he booted normally into Windows and I think he used atiflash in command line mode to find the adapter #s for both cards. The RX 580 and RX 570. The RX 570(with uninstalled driver? :confused:) was identified as AMD RADEON 10(in device manager or by atiflash? :confused:). And presumably found the AMD RADEON 10/RX 570 listed as adapter #1. Though he says "nothing was seeing" it...so that doesn't make much sense...anyway...somehow he figured out it was adapter #1. So he force flashed the AMD RADEON 10(RX 570) using atiwinflash -f -p 1 rx570.rom . That's all the sense I can make of it. But it's a little weird the way he worded it. So I'm not 100% sure what he's trying to say.

3. He used the RX 580 as the primary source of video.

4. I think he meant to say he uninstalled the driver for the RX 570 in safe-mode. Because he then says "AMD RADEON 10 play (the rx 570 with unstalled driver)". And goes on to say that after flashing the RX 570 BIOS he rebooted and installed catalyst 17.5.2 drivers for it. Anyway driver version doesn't matter. Drivers installed or not doesn't matter for flashing a BIOS. You might have trouble installing correct drivers for a card with an incorrect BIOS though. Which is probably the point he was trying to make. Correct BIOS first, correct drivers second.

Last edited:

dimineata

Running into the same issue myself.

Have 6 RX 580s. Plugged in one by one, backed up original bios, flashed a modded one. All good. Started the system with all 6 connected, everything ran fine for about 2 hours before i turned off the PC. The next morning when I boot, Windows will only give BSOD at login. Same like OP.

Primary video source is onboard graphics.

Plugged in one by one to debug, turned out when I had this card connected will only BSOD when trying to load the driver.

Things I've tried:

Booted in safe mode, ddu all drivers.
Booted back in windows, can see the card in device manager, but if I try to install the driver it will throw a bsod during installation (system thread exception not handled, atikdmag.sys)
Given that I can see the card even though the driver is not installed, run AtiWinFlash again and flashed the original bios. Still BSOD when trying to install the driver.
Changed risers, still nothing.

Don't know what else to try.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
you mentioned that you flashed modded bios' to the cards, maybe it damaged the video cards with Settings that were too aggressive?

Maybe try flashing back to the proper bios and see if it recovers the ones that won't boot and hopefully (if this is the case) it stops the others from being damaged if they're not all damaged already

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Go search for the mining bios repository, read directions there for flashing.

Where are your specs?

dimineata

I am trying to set up a mining rig

Specs are as follows:

AsRock H110 Pro MB
Intel g4400 cpu
4 gb corsair ram
6 PowerColor RX 580 8 GB (4 with Samsung memory, 2 with Hynix memory)
Windows 10 PRO

The dodgy one is one with Samsung memory, second in the sequence of flashing.
As for too agressive flash, I only copied a memory strap, that was all. Other 3 cards are just fine with those copied straps.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I am trying to set up a mining rig

Specs are as follows:

AsRock H110 Pro MB
Intel g4400 cpu
4 gb corsair ram
6 PowerColor RX 580 8 GB (4 with Samsung memory, 2 with Hynix memory)
Windows 10 PRO

The dodgy one is one with Samsung memory, second in the sequence of flashing.
As for too agressive flash, I only copied a memory strap, that was all. Other 3 cards are just fine with those copied straps.
The strap may not be compatible, ensure you use the igp and put that card in the pcie slot for graphics then reflash using the stock bios, then search for the mining bios repository on here for additional help

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Other 3 cards are just fine with those copied straps.

my suggestion stands, i recommend , atleast setting the problem GPU's back to the proper defaults, and seeing if that resolves. you have clearly tried what you can think of, so whats to lose? your time basically.