• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rx580 black screen when flash bios

BangBangMon

Hi people of the internet.
I bought my sapphire rx580 4gn nitro+ 4 month ago and it runs fine with battled field 5 but with a much lower fps than a regular rx580. I've been told by a PC advisor that it is a mining card due to its loud fan while running. My fps while playing bf5 on 1080 ultra settings is usually 30 to 40 fps after oc to clock speed 1450 and 2050 on vram and it work without any problems just that the fps didnt go up to usual . The other same model gpu without oc could get 60 fps on YouTube videos.
Now that I think it maybe mining bios so I flash the bios to 1411mhz and 2000 gram but I did follow the usual procedure to set my bios back to default with no oc applied. But the default is 1411mhz and 1750 mhz. So now when I play game or open the software to flash the bios back to 1411mhz and 1750mhz which is the factory default settings the monitor just black screen and audio will stop. But PC still runs. I've tried to uninstall MSI after burner which I don think has any affect on this issue cause I already close the run at start up settings. And also I uninstalled the radeon gpu driver bug still it didnt work. The black screen comes back even when I do this. I reinstall the radeon GPU driver and the black screen still comes back when I start a game or trying to flash bios back to factory default.
I'm thinking is it because i flash it to oc settings at 1411mhz and 2000 vram but actually I use after burner to oc to 1450mhz and 2050 mhz vram it worked fine.
I don know what's is the problem.
Maybe I need to flash the gpu bios back to factory settings? But when I try to open the app to flash it the screen turned black everytime.

System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
I bought my sapphire rx580 4gn nitro+ 4 month ago and it runs fine with battled field 5 but with a much lower fps than a regular rx580. I've been told by a PC advisor that it is a mining card due to its loud fan while running. My fps while playing bf5 on 1080 ultra settings is usually 30 to 40 fps after oc to clock speed 1450 and 2050 on vram and it work without any problems just that the fps didnt go up to usual . The other same model gpu without oc could get 60 fps on YouTube videos.
Now that I think it maybe mining bios so I flash the bios to 1411mhz and 2000 gram but I did follow the usual procedure to set my bios back to default with no oc applied. But the default is 1411mhz and 1750 mhz. So now when I play game or open the software to flash the bios back to 1411mhz and 1750mhz which is the factory default settings the monitor just black screen and audio will stop. But PC still runs. I've tried to uninstall MSI after burner which I don think has any affect on this issue cause I already close the run at start up settings. And also I uninstalled the radeon gpu driver bug still it didnt work. The black screen comes back even when I do this. I reinstall the radeon GPU driver and the black screen still comes back when I start a game or trying to flash bios back to factory default.
I'm thinking is it because i flash it to oc settings at 1411mhz and 2000 vram but actually I use after burner to oc to 1450mhz and 2050 mhz vram it worked fine.
Maybe I need to flash the gpu bios back to factory settings? But when I try to open the app to flash it the screen turned black everytime.
whats your cpu/ram model, you need to consider other important one before make a bench comparasion anyway:)
for restore factory bios wait for exiledman:)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Lets start off with a picture of the white SKU and PN sticker located either on the back of the card or on the card's heatsink side closest to its pcie edge connector.

I will help you get back to stock

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64