• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RX580 help, BSOD, possible BIOS issue? 299-1E366-101SA

thepuru

Hi there,

Was hoping to get some help - I picked up a used RX580 for $50. I'm using it for mining purposes. The person I got it from was pretty honest and said he got it in a batch and wasn't able to get it to work, he said he was stuck in a boot loop. He said the fans would spin and it wasn't dead so I figured it was worth taking a stab at.

I have a rig with multiple GPUs, I'm able to boot fine, once I installed AMD drivers it shows up and is detected but if I start to use it in anyway I get the BSOD with the THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER message.

The part number I see on the card is 299-1E366-101SA. However when I click lookup on GPU-Z it takes me to the 570 page?

I imagine this card was possibly flashed or has a modded BIOS? Would appreciate if anyone can point me in a direction in regards to what to try with this card, or how to identify the stock BIOS that I should possibly be flashing back on it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I did some more research and found this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/bn96b9
This looks to be the RX580 2048SP, a rebranded RX570. Would anyone know of a stable BIOS to use on this? Whatever it has crashes, and I'm not sure what to be using from the directory.

Last edited: