• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ryzen 3000 listed online early on russian site.

The Phenom II was comparable and in some cases better than C2Q. It was the Phenom that was behind. Phenom II x4 was released 2009 x6 2010, C2Q was released 07. Phenom (one) was released 07. The C2Q didn't intro into Phenom, Phenom was after C2Q.

As I stopped using amd cpus since 2004, i remember I checked that phenom on many places and I really thought it was a tri core using 3 more threads and a marketing gimmick from amd, few days ago somebody said it was a real 6 cores and went looking on it and it was really a six core, although in many places they said it was a tri core at that time and even some places today they say that. If I really knew it was a true 6 cores i would have bought cause the price was very good, price performance was better than intel overall. Intel's 6 cores cpu was very expensive at that time, more than $1000.

SL2

As I stopped using amd cpus since 2004, i remember I checked that phenom on many places and I really thought it was a tri core using 3 more threads and a marketing gimmick from amd,
That sounds like FX/Bulldozer to me. Phenom II had real cores, basically an Athlon X2 with L3 cache and more cores. The same goes for Phenom I.

Last edited:
System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
As I stopped using amd cpus since 2004, i remember I checked that phenom on many places and I really thought it was a tri core using 3 more threads and a marketing gimmick from amd, few days ago somebody said it was a real 6 cores and went looking on it and it was really a six core, although in many places they said it was a tri core at that time and even some places today they say that. If I really knew it was a true 6 cores i would have bought cause the price was very good, price performance was better than intel overall. Intel's 6 cores cpu was very expensive at that time, more than $1000.

They had a 3 core Heka, was often a defective (or sometimes functional and unlockable) quad deneb K10 phenom II that was locked into a triple core. It represented a budget option. The Phenom II was a good capable processor. FX Bulldozer was the turning point where they fell seriously behind for many years until today's Ryzen closed the gap. First gen FX was even slower than Phenom II at the same clock.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/2832/8

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700K
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-A12x25 PWM + 4xNF-A14 PWM
Memory 16 GB Adata XPG Dazzle DDR4 3000 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus, Samsung 850 Evo
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144Hz 1080p
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis 3
Power Supply Superflower Leadex II Gold 650W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Really hard not to get excited by this, if true, which it sure seems like it. Makes my 8700K seem like an i3. Don't mind it, hopefully by the time new cheaper GPUs get made on 7nm and Intel answers these Ryzens, it will finally be reasonable to upgrade from a financial perspective.

System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard Asus Strix B650E-E Gaming WiFi
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Memory 2xKingston DDR5 2x16GB (Hynix M die)@6000 CL26-35-35-27
Video Card(s) Gainward Phantom 4090 (@2.82GHz .95V UV, 350W PL)
Storage WD Black SN850X
Display(s) LG OLED C1 48"
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
8 physical cores or more makes the most sense to me since we have had 8 separate running threads available in our gaming computers for many years now. Thinking developers might target that number when they need as many cores as possible for say High or Ultra quality in a game. If there is a 2-300MHz penalty to go 12 cores or more, I might prefer a 8c/16t cpu.

One of the things I really appreciated the last couple of years, is how stable my computers have been. If this is due to win7/10 or mature Intel based hw I don't know. Last time I used AMD, I was on Win XP. Hopefully this won't change if I upgrade to an AMD based PC next year :)

Thinking developers might target that number when they need as many cores as possible for say High or Ultra quality in a game.
There's just one small flaw with that logic; Most games need far more GPU processing power than CPU for graphical quality. Thus the need for powerful GPU's.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Personally, I think 6 cores is killer for your average "desktop" user. I'm routinely astounded at the sheer range/number of tasks my 2600 will tackle simultaneously without a single hiccup. I get so much more done, not just in work, but leisure, too. I have a Ryzen 3 machine AND a 2nd gen Ryzen 5. I can do the same things on either, but the difference in how I operate is there. The flexibility of the 2600 is great, even if you're not an enthusiast concerned about processing capability. App to app, Windows 10 makes great use of these 12 threads, and little by little, apps and games are getting better optimized to use those capabilities internally the way Win10 already does across apps and the system as a whole.

It's not so much getting things done faster with better multi-threading imo (that may be more attainable later, again with better in-app optimization) right now, it's the transition from task to task - not having to wait for this to finish before you start that. And starting this not bogging down the "that" you already have going. It just makes everything more seamless and stable. Everyone at least beyond gramgramz and her solitaire can benefit. Most use their PC's for a wide range of tasks. Some cannot be combined, and others you don't really need to, but that doesn't mean that being able to combine more tasks doesn't ever come in handy. In fact, I think it's always gonna improve one's experience on the machine, even if it's not in a way that can be reliably benched. It's one of those things where you try to go back and the difference becomes hard to ignore.

It's like... ...it may be hard to see the value in that now, but when hardware capabilities increase in novel ways, people often adapt new habits around them in unexpected ways. And then devs see that and better gear their software to streamline that way of operating. And little by little the way we do things gets better in ways nobody ever sees coming. To that's part of what makes tech so cool, to me, anyway. Discovery. Newer, better paths to the same goals.

And the thing is, while 4 cores is more than serviceable, 6 or even 8 is still a perceptibly appreciable improvement. It's subtle but important. You don't realize where multitasking capabilities are holding you back until you're free to surpass what you're used to, because you've trained yourself to operate comfortably within your hardware's limitations. And that's not to say that quad cores are BAD at multitasking by any stretch. If that is what's available to you and is enough for you to have a good flow doing whatever it is you do, that's what you should go with. But what if you could have better flexibility for less money at little to no compromise on the single-core performance you need?

I mean, a lot more can be done with cross-core stuff than has been yet, while clocks and IPC have been smashing the same wall for so long that we're about to hit the point where there will be little to no variation between best and worst options on that front. It's becoming less meaningful of a comparison. With improvement being so stagnant there, multi-core aspects will naturally become the distinguishing features, even if not with Ryzen 3. That time is coming.

It's one thing when it costs significantly more - but that falls apart when you look at something like the 2600, which gives you 6c/12t at perfectly reasonable clocks/ipc for ~160 dollars. There are situations in that spot where I can see even a typical user benefiting more from having something like that than say a blistering-fast quad-core for another chunk of paper. Those 12 threads may be a screen door on a submarine, but the 6 physical cores are absolutely getting used over the course of the machine's service life. And it probably costs a little less.

With speed and ipc there are diminishing returns, too. Just like with crazy-high core counts, not everyone will be able to notice or make use of a couple bumps there. Not all of us are high-refresh-rate gamers or doing heavily CPU-bound rendering or whatever. Not everything runs appreciably better/more stable just because a CPU happens to be that much faster, even if the difference is measurable. Many things are already fast or simply don't speed up much more, much like nvme SSD's are not always the upgrade you'd think they'd be coming from a 4x slower SATA SSD. I think its wise to ask yourself whether you really need something that is singularly fast over something maybe a bit more flexible and all-around more steady and efficient. Gas-guzzler or diesel?

The way I see it, we're moving in a direction where conversations about whether we need more cores will be nullified, likely should we ever have available to us CPU's that both have more cores and at least match the clocks/ipc of the lower-core-count speedsters of yesterday aaand possibly even be a better value. Whether you think you need the cores or not, you benefit. Dual-cores become dinosaurs, while fast quad cores become entry level! Even if it's a luxury for you, that luxury comes free, or because it comes free, what you need is now available for less in order to still compete and sell.

That, to me, is the ideal form of progress in tech. Over time, you get better performance for what you pay while yesterday's best goes down in value simply by merit of comparison to what is available now. That's how it should be. Obsolescence through innovation. That is why I think people are getting so excited. Most are more than happy to pay what new tech is worth, but nobody wants to spend the same money they spent on their last iteration of a part to get a sidegrade, or pay for new iteration that performs as well as the tier above the last gen version did for the same money that hardware ran you when it was new. Modern computing got to where it is today because of advancements towards making better tech cost less.

We'll see. For me, the excitement isn't over the fact that I can have more cores for my money. Now that I have them, I'm never going back, but honestly what I think would be truly awesome to see would be AMD actually competing with Intel on efficiency, clocks, AND raw ipc, core counts be damned. Throw a couple extra cores per price bracket on top and you will have some seeriously competitive offerings.

I dunno, to me it represents interesting possibilities. There are legit arguments to be had over whether everyone needs a $300 8-core. But what about a $240 6-core? Or a $150-$170 4c/8t that's fast enough to game and still a kickin multitasker? If this is truly the new precedent, the question becomes not "Do we need these cores?" but instead "What will we do with all of these cores?" Lotta potential usage there - but then, actually it doesn't matter much right now. The only real justification needed for the market to take it in is price and all-around performance, multi and otherwise. That's the appeal being garnered here - the hope is that the merit of it goes well beyond more cores.

Sometimes I think part of the critical attitude towards "moar coarszz!" comes from the fact that AMD tried to push that agenda one before, and the things were hot garbage for the money... ...I mean they were really very hot. Completely lopsided performance and usage profiles. Not putting words in anyone's mouth, but there's gotta be a sour taste there for those who remember. This time around it's more than a nice idea though. They've already started to deliver with Zen+. That's your proof of concept. And with a significant node shrink on top of refinements to an already known-good design, I don't see why Zen 2 wouldn't be a very nicely-balanced bag of chips. It's all gonna come down to pricing. And with the jump to 7nm, that really could go either way.

Like I said, it's about what's available to you for the money. I'm very interested in seeing if AMD doesn't turn around and provide many people the most suitable options available for the money, cores notwithstanding. They do that, they win this battle. And then maybe Intel comes back with something good!

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
So...yeah... 9 years and 10% adoption. While 80% use quad or less.
I think the threads popping up on here(site) with quads, intels quads having issues in games is proof enough quads are approaching eol for gaming, yes those users could Oc or update the cpu but ht adds effective cores , fours been moving towards the edge a while, this year its getting to it imho.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
As I've said around the site, a hex is the sweet spot now. 4c/8t handles the VAST majority of games. Only a small handful show improvements with more cores and I can think of one that scales with more than 8.

That said, 8c/16t is incredibly futureproof if bought. More is a waste of money and why I'm annoyed we see more from amd on mainstream

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
As I've said around the site, a hex is the sweet spot now. 4c/8t handles the VAST majority of games. Only a small handful show improvements with more cores and I can think of one that scales with more than 8.

That said, 8c/16t is incredibly futureproof if bought. More is a waste of money and why I'm annoyed we see more from amd on mainstream

Yea well everyone needs that new 3990wx or whatever with 64/128. I know I do. How else will I browse TPU?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother

No, you're absolutely right.

I see both sides of it though. More than 8 might be a waste but those being more prevalent bodes well for the availability of what is actually needed in most cases. The presence of 12, 24, 1000, whatever as a high-end, premium option places the now ideal 6 completely in the midrange... the value of having them decreases this way, and still the performance is good and usable.

I think most people, even those less in the know will be looking at 8, max. Everyone knows the rest are niche products. I think AMD knows that too, just from looking at where their bread has been buttered this past year.

So to me if they wanna put out a few chips with crazy core counts, let them. People are only willing to go so far for their needs. The value-availability tradeoff comes into play. Just because you can have more doesnt mean youll take it. It feels better to be able to get what you optimally need for less than it does to spend extravagantly just because the market is sudenly such that it is now possible to do so. Most people will take the former when asked.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
There's just one small flaw with that logic; Most games need far more GPU processing power than CPU for graphical quality. Thus the need for powerful GPU's.
The CPU tells the GPU what to do, i.e., passes information to the GPU in most games I believe.
But would be interesting if somehow some GPU tasks such as Physics could be offloaded to the CPU. The CPU with all its cores have muscle that can be utilized efficiently.
Let the GPU deal with all the ultra high images and the like.

How many hundreds of thousands of people do you know? That's what it is going to take to change the steam survey.
I would assume the majority of Steam users can't really afford much perhaps? lol

Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force TXKD416G3600HC18ADC01 16gbs XMP
Video Card(s) HP GTX1650 super 4gb
Storage MZVLB256HBHQ-000H1 PM981a (256GB)/3TB HDD
Display(s) Nitro XF243Y Pbmiiprx
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Keyboard Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
320x240 ought to be enough for anybody.

SL2

I'm pretty sure AMD will present some new CPU's based on ZEN 2, but this confuses me.. IMO it's bad choice of words.
1546997274059.png

When you read high-performance computing, do you think

1 - High-performance computing, supercomputers.
1546996863818.png

2 - This.
1546997390004.png

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I'm pretty sure AMD will present some new CPU's based on ZEN 2, but this confuses me..
View attachment 114242

When you read high-performance computing, do you think

1 - High-performance computing, supercomputers.
View attachment 114241

2 - This.

Definitely HPC means Supercomputer clusters.

I bet 10 kitties it is just gonna be launch of Zen2 server chips and brief mention of RyZen 3000

SL2

I bet 10 kitties it is just gonna be launch of Zen2 server chips and brief mention of RyZen 3000
Yeah, EPYC Rome with its chiplet thingies hasn't been launched yet.. only previews so far.

It's 9 months since the launch of Ryzen 2000, I don't really expect AMD to end it so soon..

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Yeah, EPYC Rome with its chiplet thingies hasn't been launched yet.. only previews so far.

It's 9 months since the launch of Ryzen 2000, I don't really expect AMD to end it so soon..

They might because they know intels got nothing, and if it's fast enough people and oems will jump on it.

The last thing they want to do is give intel time to recover. Especially since their boy Jimmy Keller is somewhere in an intel basement cooking something up.

SL2

The last thing they want to do is give intel time to recover.
The same can be said about server CPU's, which I guess is much more lucrative than desktop, especially these days.
I think they've already said that server comes first, and I have no idea if AMD/TSMC is capable to ramp up both in such short time.

They've already launched Zen+ based mobile CPU's this week, and Zen 2 server CPU's are expected. I'm not sure they'll present in even more CPU's today, seems like a lot.

My bet is on a preview, but no launch, similar to EPYC Rome in November.

I hope I'm wrong though.

few hours before the end of intel and its 4 cores till the end of the world concept, it lasted 10 years, it is time to end it.

SL2

few hours before the end of intel and its 4 cores till the end of the world concept, it lasted 10 years, it is time to end it.
Yeah we've heard that oversimplification a few times now. :D Even the 8700K is over a year old, and the 1800X is close to two years old.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Time flies.

Reactions: SL2