• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ryzen 3600 idle temperature fluctuation?

GPU: 5700 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC
CPU: Ryzen 3600
CPU cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 rev.b
Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 3600mhz CL17
PSU: Corsair RMx 850
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 64 bit
GPU Drivers: Newest drivers as of date.
Chipset Drivers: Newest as of date
BIOS: Newest as of date
Background Applications: Idle, Chrome with 20-30 tabs.
PC cooling: 2x140 in front at 1200 rpm when CPU climb at max temps, 2x120 rear and rear-top with 1200 rpm.
Case: Meshify C

Seriously how to make this CPU *NOT* constantly downclock/upclock, and change the temperature rapidly. Like my old I5 4670 had way better frequency control, power saving, and didn't jump in temperatures constantly. Is there any way to stop that? Any BIOS/software setting? I have sufficient cooling with Mugen 5 rev b and kryonaut, getting max 67-70 degree at furmark CPU/AIDA FPU tests, so cooling is not a problem. I've even repasted CPU with different paste[the one that came with Mugen 5 rev b], saw a temp. increase over kryonaut, but the fluctuations/spikes persisted as before.So this fluctuations completely destroys any fan curve, and make my case fans too loud on idle. I've thought on tying the fan speed with MOBO mosfet temps instead of CPU, but they hardly climb with how good MSI B450M mortar max manages the stock ryzen.I've tried to make a higher baseline RPM curve for lower temps, so it have more than enough cooling in low temps to manage the spikes, but it didnt help anything...I didn't try to change the step-up/step-down times[its basically hysteresis/inertia right?], maybe that will fix it? Though i doubt it, because it would need to be something like 1-2s of inertia, and there's no such value in BIOS. As a last resort i will try to use the stock cooler and check if it helps. Maybe the mugen is defective? But then, why it works under heavy load? If there was something funky with contact between IHS and mugen heat plate, it would make the temps skyrocket under prime95/aida fpu.

CPU sits 34*C idle at the windows desktop[32 at bios], when you move mouse it goes to 43-44*c, when you open chrome it can sometimes go to 50*C, and opening the chrome with lots of tabs it can go even as high as 59-60*C!!!. The frequency on all cores don't drop below 3600 mhz, and 1.0V, slightly moving mouse and bam you have 1,3-1,4V and 4,2GHz on desktop, same for chrome.
im pretty pissed after moving from a I5 4670 with a lousy stock cooler that run flawlessly, compared to this. I've never had such problems with Intel Pentium 4, E8400 and I5 4670. Never seen 10*C-15*C jumps in idle, or 20-25*C jumps when opening chrome with CoreTemp monitoring program along. Never seen CPU running such high freq and voltage on idle.[the i5 4670 runs 0,7v -0,8ghz on idle, and even if the frequency and voltage jumps for a fraction, the temperature increase is not that much[5-8*C, with chrome its 10-12*C], whereas ryzen runs 3,6ghz 1,0v all the time on idle. This also badly impact environement and my bills, since its wasted electricity.

Question is, i heard people talking about enabling/disabling cool and quiet, enabling/disabling power supply idle control, enabling/disabling PBO,setting P-states, manually overclocking/setting cores on the CPU to remedy this problem. So which one to do to fix the problem? I don't want to test all these settings, and screw something. Is there really no way to change it? I can't imagine a 2019 CPU needs to run its clocks at 3,2-3,6ghz at idle, to manage mundane tasks, when my old Haswell I5 4670, downlocked to 0,8GHz!!![and upclocked to 3,6 GHz when necessary!], and still run chrome/idle fine, with great temperatures[albeit i had 60hz monitor back then, idk if that changes anything, i doubt]

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
First, stock OEM coolers are not "lousy" like so many want us to believe. They are actually quite capable and pretty quiet too - compared to stock coolers from yesteryear.

While it may seem like it badly impacts your electricity bill, it doesn't. If your computer burned 300W for 8 hours straight (and no way it does this) per day, assuming the national average of $.12 per kWh, it would cost $8.64. If you got it down to 200W steady for 8 hours straight, it would cost $5.76. A savings of less than $3 per month.

If I were you I would reset the BIOS and all your clocks to get your base line values.

It is also important to understand it is your case's responsibility to ensure you have an adequate supply of "cool" air flowing through the case. You may need to look at your case cooling to see if you need to add another case fan. You generally want good "front-to-back" flow through the case.

You did not say where you are located but if your ambient (room) temps are high, that will greatly affect your case cooling too.

First, stock OEM coolers are not "lousy" like so many want us to believe. They are actually quite capable and pretty quiet too - compared to stock coolers from yesteryear.

Please, no, STAHP! I'm intel fan, but their cooler, ohh lord, they are horrid. Their cooling capability is adequate, but they are super noisy. If you don't care about noise, yes they run stock CPU well.
I've never tried my wraith stealth cooler, i've assumed it will be crap, so i bought mugen.

While it may seem like it badly impacts your electricity bill, it doesn't. If your computer burned 300W for 8 hours straight (and no way it does this) per day, assuming the national average of $.12 per kWh, it would cost $8.64. If you got it down to 200W steady for 8 hours straight, it would cost $5.76. A savings of less than $3 per month.

I still would hate when CPU draw 30-40W, when it can 10-20W. That's 20W wasted.And that's more heat to dissipate, hence noisier fans.

If I were you I would reset the BIOS and all your clocks to get your base line values.

I've never overclocked the CPU, so i don't know why would that change anything? I've already tried that, when i've were tweaking the XMP profile.

It is also important to understand it is your case's responsibility to ensure you have an adequate supply of "cool" air flowing through the case. You may need to look at your case cooling to see if you need to add another case fan. You generally want good "front-to-back" flow through the case.

I think i don't need more cooling, after all meshify c is pretty open case, and i can't mount more fans on the front, 3x120 is pretty much wasteful since it goes to the psu shroud. I don't want another fan on top, because it would be hard to get positive pressure. My front fans are already running quite loud and fast.

You did not say where you are located but if your ambient (room) temps are high, that will greatly affect your case cooling too.

Im in central europe-Poland. Trust me, it's probably as cold here as in Nebraska ;)

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
My 9700k spikes as well, maybe not as high as your Ryzen but you can't compare these new six or eight core CPUs with HT, SMT, etc to quads and dual cores from years ago. The CPU spikes, there is a split second delay and then your HS fan kicks it up a notch. Your temps aren't bad, it just seems more of a nuisance to you then anything else.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
You could try changing the fan step up/down delay time in the BIOS.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
That's normal for Ryzen, it's boosting when it needs to, then it clocks down. My 3700X does the same thing. I just run mine with fixed ~1000 rpm below 60 C and maxing if it goes above it. The only fans I hear are front and rear fans when I set them to higher rpm when gaming, plus the GPU fan.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Please, no, STAHP! I'm intel fan, but their cooler, ohh lord, they are horrid. Their cooling capability is adequate, but they are super noisy. If you don't care about noise, yes they run stock CPU well.
I too am a Intel fan but sorry, their coolers are not horrid or super noisy. And I care very much about fan noise. In fact, I hate it. That's why I make sure I have a good case that is properly cooled too.

For sure, there are aftermarket coolers that cool better more quietly. No argument there. But again, OEM coolers are still very capable and quiet too, in spite of what many want us to believe.

I agree with you that your Meshify C case is a great case for cooling. I am also a fan of Fractal Design cases. :)
I still would hate when CPU draw 30-40W, when it can 10-20W. That's 20W wasted.And that's more heat to dissipate, hence noisier fans.
I agree, 20W wasted can still add up. And yes, that is wasted in the form of heat. Whether that means more fan noise or not depends on case noise suppression, case cooling and ambient temps.

Still, you might want to get a kill-o-watt meter and see what you are really pulling from the wall. Alternatively, many decent UPS will provide that information too. You might be surprised how little it actually is.

That said, is your CPU really at idle when you see those temps? Remember, when you (the user) go idle, lots of backgrounds processes kick in like malware scanning, indexing, defragging of hard drives, program updates and more. Do you let your computer go to sleep or do you shut it down? If you shut it down, many of those background processes don't have time to finish so they kick in frequently when you go idle. I just let my computers go to sleep. Once all those processes are allowed to finish (except defragging - I only have SSDs), then my system really does go idle.
Im in central europe-Poland. Trust me, it's probably as cold here as in Nebraska
LOL I just looked at Warsaw, Poland weather and it is 39°F (4°C) there and it is 39°F here! :) We'll have to compare notes in January - especially when the winds across the open plains kick up and the wind chill factor frequently takes us below -50°F (-45.5°C).

System Name R9 5950x/Skylake 6400
Processor R9 5950x/i5 6400
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master X570/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360/Stock
Memory 4x8GB Patriot PVS416G4440 CL14/G.S Ripjaws 32 GB F4-3200C16D-32GV
Video Card(s) 7900XTX/6900XT
Storage RIP Seagate 530 4TB (died after 7 months), WD SN850 2TB, Aorus 2TB, Corsair MP600 1TB / 960 Evo 1TB
Display(s) 3x LG 27gl850 1440p
Case Custom builds
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply Silverstone 1000watt modular Gold/1000Watt Antec
Software Win11pro/win10pro / Win10 Home / win7 / wista 64 bit and XPpro
I overclock mine by the Pstates setting to 4500MHz and manage to lower voltage to 1.412c vcore, currently running with infinity fabric set to 1866MHz (cant make it do 1900MHz). But it takes som tweaking, though the cpu was easy - just enable Pstates and set vcore (should start with 1.45) and nothing else - no PBO or any Ryzen Master in windows

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
No offense intended, but it doesn't look like you understood what you were getting into when you bought into Ryzen 3000. The boosty nature of the silicon is literally the primary selling point of the entire processor family. It is intended to provide max boost on lightly threaded load demand with particularly low latency (1-2ms) to improve user experience.

1.0.0.3ABBA applied a "filter" to stop Ryzen from boosting on literally any trivial load, but doesn't change how the CPU works.

If you want a quieter experience, either set a custom fan curve, and/or get a beefier air or AIO cooler with quieter fans. No way around it. Also try offsetting voltage, if your chip is good enough to have undervolting room.

The problem with Ryzen 3000 is not full load temperatures, which will be just fine because it's smart enough to scale back clocks accordingly as more cores start coming online, but light load is a real roller coaster. That would be why your AIDA temps look just fine.

I completely understand your frustration, because I came from a more traditionally behaving Intel platform and was in for a major culture shock with Ryzen 3000. And unlike your 4670, my mediocre-binned 4790K was literally the hottest of Haswell. But there are ways to keep it under control, and the longer you use it, you will become accustomed to it.

In the event that you can't stand it, you can always set fixed clocks to sacrifice single thread boost to improve acoustics, temperatures, and multi-thread.

As to your statement regarding not drawing more than 10W if unnecessary, AMD does not believe that is the way to go. This is not a mobile platform, where deep idle states are important for thermals and battery life.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
smh

The fast reaction of the Ryzen cpu is the core philosophy of the Zen architecture. It's the pinnacle of multi core design, something Intel cannot achieve.... not sure you get that? Put another way, it defeats the point if you have a bunch of cores sitting around idling and doing nothing because they cannot react quick enough.

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 150W PPT limit, 79C temp limit, CO -9~14
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F37h, AGESA V2 1.2.0.B
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 with off center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MHz 1.42V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:288, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~465W (387W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.3.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR1000, VRR on
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v23H2, OSB 22631.3155)
The above is the facts stated from those who know how a Ryzen 3000 works regarding boost behavior, but you should also understand that for the first time in history AMD has shown the hot spot of the entire CPU die/ccx/ccd.
Ryzen CPUs have more than 60 temp sensors per CCD (on 8cores that is or 2xCCXs). All other CPUs (Intel) including the Ryzen 1000/2000 series report the CCD edge temp located to 1 edge of the die/CCD. They do have multiple sensors but using them only internally for frequency/voltage regulation, and don’t report them.

The reported temp of Ryzen 3000 is the hot spot as I said and the internal monitoring of the CPU instantly switching to report the hottest sensor. It doesn’t mean that all other CPUs run cooler. You just don’t see it as those CPUs constantly report only 1 sensor at one edge of the die.

If you install the latest HWiNFO64 you will probably see a temp called CCD1 temp other than the CPU temp that is going crazy up/down. This is at my guess the traditional edge temp of the entire chiplet. It’s behavior is much steady and does not fluctuate as much.
Ryzen Master also report the edge temp I think and the two temps much only at maximum reading.

I do not know a way to “tie” you cooling solution to that CCD/edge temp though. Maybe there is a software that can do that.
For now you can just set a big offset to the fan curve, to have a hysteresis and not flactuate the rpm so much.

I myself don’t have this "issue" with the 3600 because I have a closed loop water cooler and I’ve set the fan curve to water temp which is not flactuate at all, unless there is a constant workload.

What is the maximum reading you have seen? If it is under 75C then you just forget about it and enjoy you PC.
There is nothing wrong with the CPUs and there is nothing to solve or remedy. People keep talking about it like it’s a flaw or a misbehavior. It’s not! It’s doing what it’s supposed to do. They just don’t know.

Forget about the old CPUs also. There is no really direct comparison. We have to get used to the new stuff. Things are changing and we must get along. The Ryzen 3000 series change the gameplay and does it all by it self. There is no real need for overclocking the way boost is implemented and you will see that even Intel will do the same to the next architectures.
The same behavior that GPUs already adopted. Look at the frequency behavior of modern GPUs by AMD/nVidia. It’s acting like the Ryzen boost, or vice versa to be exact.

For the first time AMD GPUs (Navi) report the hot-spot of the GPU die, the “Junction temp” along with the traditional “Edge temp”.

Last edited:

1000t

First thing you should try is to use highest values for that step-up/step down settings. The numbers might seem low (all sub 1 s), but it definitely has effect on fan ramping up or down. The CPU temperatures reported seem to be without any averaging and the highest value of any internal sensor, so they jump quite wildly. That the nature of Zen 2 CPUs it seems.

I've got a MSI motherboard and 3700X and used stock cooler for first two months. Even though I've set custom fan curves, the ramping up and down was mildly annoying, so now I have Dark Rock 4. The CPU fan curve is flat under 60°C (at around 900 rpm) and only rarely reaches higher temperature. I was also considering the same cooler, so I think I should be capable.

Just max those step up/down values.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
You have 20-30 tabs of chrome running, turn off hardware accel in chrome. As it is said before there are more sensors today than 2-7 years ago.

Tbf this thread appears to be clickbait.

/thread

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
You have 20-30 tabs of chrome running, turn off hardware accel in chrome. As it is said before there are more sensors today than 2-7 years ago.
comma means this also happens without chrome running,it's in the description if you read it carefully (or really was less biased toward disbelieving the OP)

CPU sits 34*C idle at the windows desktop[32 at bios], when you move mouse it goes to 43-44*c
The frequency on all cores don't drop below 3600 mhz, and 1.0V, slightly moving mouse and bam you have 1,3-1,4V and 4,2GHz on desktop, same for chrome.

Tbf this thread appears to be clickbait.
/thread
:laugh:

IMO the OP should be looking for answers on MSI forums at the same time.

Last edited:
System Name Indis the Fair (cursed edition)
Processor 11900k 5.1/4.9 undervolted.
Motherboard MSI Z590 Unify-X
Cooling Heatkiller VI Pro, VPP755 V.3, XSPC TX360 slim radiator, 3xA12x25, 4x Arctic P14 case fans
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 4000 16-19-19 (b-die@3600 14-14-14 1.45v)
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid (T30-120 fan)
Storage 970EVO 1TB, 660p 1TB, WD Blue 3D 1TB, Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
Display(s) BenQ XL2546K, Dell P2417H
Case FD Define 7
Audio Device(s) DT770 Pro, Topping A50, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Røde VXLR+, Modmic 5
Power Supply Seasonic 860w Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper Mini, Odin Infinity mousepad
Keyboard GMMK Fullsize v2 (Boba U4Ts)
Software Win10 x64/Win7 x64/Ubuntu
Yeah idk I get a pretty substantial change in behaviour between all my chrome tabs and whatnot open and with nothing open at all. This isn't really a Ryzen problem...

My problem is really that motherboard vendors haven't really kept up with their fan control over the last few years... My M8F was the same with the 7700k... At least now Asus added a ramp time so that you don't immediately get a second of 100% to the fan when one core gets some work and boosts up for a fraction of a second while doing it...

I just set my fan curve to ramp mostly between 60 and 75c, add a slower ramp time and it's pretty usable, definitely better than I could do on the 7700k...

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I've never tried my wraith stealth cooler, i've assumed it will be crap, so i bought mugen.

:banghead::banghead: SMH. :shadedshu:

Being an intel Fanboi this reaction to the wraith cooler doesnt not surprise me, not only did you not waste your money, you didnt even search reviews for the wraith cooler. Its true not everyone likes it, and most would rather bash any AMD Product rather than actually take the high road and perform tests or adjust fan curves for the knowledge.

TBH. It really seems like this is clickbait since the OP hasnt responded since.

System Name Indis the Fair (cursed edition)
Processor 11900k 5.1/4.9 undervolted.
Motherboard MSI Z590 Unify-X
Cooling Heatkiller VI Pro, VPP755 V.3, XSPC TX360 slim radiator, 3xA12x25, 4x Arctic P14 case fans
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 4000 16-19-19 (b-die@3600 14-14-14 1.45v)
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid (T30-120 fan)
Storage 970EVO 1TB, 660p 1TB, WD Blue 3D 1TB, Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
Display(s) BenQ XL2546K, Dell P2417H
Case FD Define 7
Audio Device(s) DT770 Pro, Topping A50, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Røde VXLR+, Modmic 5
Power Supply Seasonic 860w Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper Mini, Odin Infinity mousepad
Keyboard GMMK Fullsize v2 (Boba U4Ts)
Software Win10 x64/Win7 x64/Ubuntu
I think you guys are overselling the stealth... It's far from as bad as the intel ones and zen2 isn't a power hog... But it definitely cuts back my boost by 100-150MHz on all core... And is more noisy when doing so

System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
:banghead::banghead: SMH. :shadedshu:

Being an intel Fanboi this reaction to the wraith cooler doesnt not surprise me, not only did you not waste your money, you didnt even search reviews for the wraith cooler. Its true not everyone likes it, and most would rather bash any AMD Product rather than actually take the high road and perform tests or adjust fan curves for the knowledge.

TBH. It really seems like this is clickbait since the OP hasnt responded since.
there are various wraith coolers,and the one that comes with 3600 is the most basic one.mugen is in another league.

look at this.you guys are acting as if the amd logo made the cpu cooler by 10 degrees alone.this is very basic,and for a cpu that's boosting constantly and putting quite a lot of voltage at the same time it's gonna be rather poor even in light work.

smh

The fast reaction of the Ryzen cpu is the core philosophy of the Zen architecture. It's the pinnacle of multi core design, something Intel cannot achieve.... not sure you get that? Put another way, it defeats the point if you have a bunch of cores sitting around idling and doing nothing because they cannot react quick enough.
so moving the mouse around already activates the cores the be sorta ready ? I never thought of it like that,is it officially confirmed by amd that you can't idle while moving the mouse ?
Seems interesting but redundant.get them to work when there's actual work.

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
System Name Purple rain
Cooling Noctua D15S
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 with off center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MHz 1.42V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:288, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~465W (387W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.3.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR1000, VRR on
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
there are various wraith coolers,and the one that comes with 3600 is the most basic one.mugen is in another league.

look at this.you guys are acting as if the amd logo made the cpu cooler by 10 degrees alone.this is very basic,and for a cpu that's boosting constantly and putting quite a lot of voltage at the same time it's gonna be rather poor even in light work.

so moving the mouse around already activates the cores the be sorta ready ? I never thought of it like that,is it officially confirmed by amd that you can't idle while moving the mouse ?
Seems interesting but redundant.get them to work when there's actual work.
I agree about the stealth cooler. It is bettter than most, if not all, Intel stock solutions but it is not great.
I have a closed loop water cooler because I had it already from previous FX-8370 CPU. But 99% I wouldnt keep the stealth for too long.

Ryzen 3000 idles just fine even with mouse movement. It is the hotspot sensor report that causes the reading to bounce around crazy.
The traditional edge temp (CCD1/2) reading stays rather steady.

Look it the averages of:
"CPU Tctl/Tdie" (hotspot)
"CPU CCD1 Tdie" (probably edge temp)

HWiNFO64 v6.12-3930 Sensor Status [4 values hidden] 02-Nov-19 13_06_38.png

Tctl = fan contol = bouncing rpm as temp does.
Should create fan curves + delay or address fan control to another temp if possible (UEFI)

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
And the point of a clickbait thread is...?

And the point of a clickbait thread is...?
well i dont have a problem with fan noise with a ryzen 3600 i do hate how it cant idle and any 0.000001% cpu usage causes it to boost to top clocks, why can it not handle idling? i changed my cpu to max 20% until recently and now its back to 100% to use as a heater for the room. when summer rolls around or i stop using the heater it will go back to 5-20% max cpu clocks and or be given away :) i bought the chip based on it being as good or better then 2700x that didnt have the same crazy boost problems.

Clearly you dont undrestand how these CPUs work and behave. There is no boost problems with them. And certainly they do not emit excessive amounts of heat... To be true the average heat dissipation is lower from Intel counterparts.
Just because you see a temp (hot spot) that spikes you think that it generates heat. Not the case...

Last edited: