• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ryzen 9 3900x availability is bad

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
The cpu can be purchased directly at shop.amd.com but... they do not deliver to my country. Arghhhh! And it is even cheaper than in stores here. Stores' price: 2300pln, amd's (shipping included): around 475 euros which is around 2050pln.
https://www.mailboxde.com/ ?

System Name Smooth-Operator
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16@CL14 DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB NITRO+
Storage 2x4TB WD HGST 7K6 7200RPM 256MB
Display(s) Samsung S24E370DL 24" IPS Freesync 75Hz
Case Fractal Design Focus G Window Blue
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe x1
Power Supply Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
Software Windows 10 x64 Enterprise/Ubuntu Budgie amd64
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
The cpu can be purchased directly at shop.amd.com but... they do not deliver to my country. Arghhhh! And it is even cheaper than in stores here. Stores' price: 2300pln, amd's (shipping included): around 475 euros which is around 2050pln.
Now that I check I don't see an option for direct purchase from shop.amd.com.

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
"Digital River Ireland Ltd. is the authorised reseller and merchant of the products and services offered within this store."

Edit.
There you go:
Order Summary
Edit

AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X Desktop Processor

AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X Desktop Processor
451,99 €

Xbox Game Pass for PC

Xbox Game Pass for PC
0,00 €

Estimated Shipping
8,61 €

Sub-Total incl. estimated VAT 546,48 €

Tax is included upon checkout.

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
Visit their website then and try to order cpu from digital river, lol.

Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
I hate when any shop does that... Tax should be listed on product page, not on checkout as that's what i am paying. At that price i definitely prefer to wait. Anyway, thx for trying to help :)

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Well this may be debatable of course. With all the tiers AMD has the demand is big and AMD might have problems to deliver.
You are right. The demand is a demand.

I don't think that is true. For starters I know that HP is ditching Intel in the desktop segment but not now. It will take time. We have been refused to buy HP desktops with Intel cause they have told us there will no longer be Intel. Although, it's not going to happen tomorrow, probably because HP has an agreement or a partnership contract with Intel and contracts must be kept till the expiration date. You don't burn bridges. iGPU isn't the problem here I think. Even if you have iGPU in a CPU there's still discrete card installed for higher tier laptops. What's the point for iGPU in a processor when you have a fully-fledged GPU? I don't think that is the problem here. Ongoing contracts and agreements are and HP (my example or any other company) doesn't want to screw things up with Intel.

I don't think AMD lose anything. Even if the margin would be higher it will still be higher. You don't seem to think in a longer term but up to today or tomorrow. You make it sound like people will buy AMD just this month and that's it. They will be selling processors and 3900X through all the year and people will buy it. Some of us will wait for the price to go down just like me. I won't run may ass off to the first store and buy 3900X now. I will wait and buy it later. I'm not in any rush for the CPU.
The other thing is. AMD might be trying to get 3900x and 3950x side by side when the second one is ready. That would boost AMD's sales exponentially when you get 2 high-end products to choose from.

You can say you may be right. The only fact that you and I know is AMD knows what to do. We don't know all the aspects why is it happening. You can only speculate. I'm speculating that they know what they are doing. Since we dont know all the aspects of the shortage You can't say that. AMD chose probably the best way to deal with this shortage. Maybe there were worse cases or it could end up even worse than now. You and I dont know this. What we can be sure of is AMD chose the best way for dealing with this situation possible for their resources.

Not precisely what you said. You said something totally different. You said you are surprised AMD hasn't started making 3900X from 3700 and 3800 chips. They dont have the same clocks so they can't. Please stop saying if they had the same clocks because they dont. 3900X has higher boost thus 3700X and 3800X chips can't be used. Stick to the facts will ya?

I don't think it is AMD's fault. To price a chip, there is more in the equation than simple AMD's price on the chip and nothin aside that. AMD is trying to get into the market and they offer very good chips with a lower price than Intel. Do you know why? Because they can and they will not resign from this advantage. Setting price higher for the chip will not bring more customers nor they could afford 7nm. They been planning this for over a year and you come up with something like AMD can't afford to manufacture processors in 7nm because the price for the chips is lower. That's laughable in my book. I wonder when you will say "AMD is losing money on any Ryzen chip production because they can't afford it". They had known they will be manufacturing with 7nm with TSMC long ago. They have anticipated this and put it into account. You guys need to learn that you dont know all the aspects of the industry and what agreements companies have with each other. They are not stupid since they have been in the market for so damn long and yet you still come up with so stupid conclusions. They are more than qualified and AMD knows what it's doing because it's still here and the Ryzen products are getting more speed than you know.
Diversify the line-up? Are you crazy? AMD needs to stay competitive with Intel. If they move to 14nm their products won't be competitive. What are you talking about?

Here
Read this revenue report from TSMC somebody posted. Tell me what is your conclusions please I really wanna know what you think of this.

Just my thoughts on it.
At least part of it is based on yield, that's to say each chip when it's made has potential to become part of a 3900X but in many cases the chip, once made fails to measure up to the expected specs of that chip model.

Instead of chunking the piece it's binned and whatever the results are from testing is what it becomes.

It's the same thing that's been going on for years now, AM3 is an example in that some chips once made became Deneb chip's, some were made as Callisto chips because two of the cores were "Defective" in some way and were shut down. Same for the Thuban chips with Zosma chips being a Thuban with two cores disabled.
Even the Sempron chips were like that, originally made to be Regor core chips but one core wasn't deemed as being "Good" when binned so it got disabled and a Sempy was born instead.

With Ryzen it's a little different because of the chiplet approach, they can selectively add what they want to the chip when it's made to determine what it is in the end.

However you still need a steady supply of "Good" chiplets onhand to consistently make 3900X chips and I can promise that they aren't going to wait very long before making what they can from what they have because of production requirements.
That all depends on the yields they get from the silicon after it's made.

Have enough made that's good for a run of 3900X chips?
They'll make more 3900's, if not they'll make what they can to avoid tossing the silicon pieces period.

Yields will improve over time meaning more of them eventually will get made but to what extent is the unknown at this time.
One thing is certain, the demand is clearly there for them and they will sell.

The delay of the 3950X is probrably based on this too.
I'd have to speculate they didn't want to start making chips that didn't/coudn't measure up so they decided to let the process mature a little and improve it before making the 3950X an official release... Which is a smart move.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Just my thoughts on it.
At least part of it is based on yield, that's to say each chip when it's made has potential to become part of a 3900X but in many cases the chip, once made fails to measure up to the expected specs of that chip model.

Instead of chunking the piece it's binned and whatever the results are from testing is what it becomes.

It's the same thing that's been going on for years now, AM3 is an example in that some chips once made became Deneb chip's, some were made as Callisto chips because two of the cores were "Defective" in some way and were shut down. Same for the Thuban chips with Zosma chips being a Thuban with two cores disabled.
Even the Sempron chips were like that, originally made to be Regor core chips but one core wasn't deemed as being "Good" when binned so it got disabled and a Sempy was born instead.

With Ryzen it's a little different because of the chiplet approach, they can selectively add what they want to the chip when it's made to determine what it is in the end.

However you still need a steady supply of "Good" chiplets onhand to consistently make 3900X chips and I can promise that they aren't going to wait very long before making what they can from what they have because of production requirements.
That all depends on the yields they get from the silicon after it's made.

Have enough made that's good for a run of 3900X chips?
They'll make more 3900's, if not they'll make what they can to avoid tossing the silicon pieces period.

Yields will improve over time meaning more of them eventually will get made but to what extent is the unknown at this time.
One thing is certain, the demand is clearly there for them and they will sell.

The delay of the 3950X is probrably based on this too.
I'd have to speculate they didn't want to start making chips that didn't/coudn't measure up so they decided to let the process mature a little and improve it before making the 3950X an official release... Which is a smart move.
Well I'm not disagreeing with you. Yields of course. But saying (like our colleague Notb) that AMD should use 3700x and 3800x chips to supply more 3900x and because AMD cant afford making 7nm chips, AMD should jack-up the price for 3900X is no true. Remember, that 3900x and 3700x are made of the same chiplets. they are the same, the difference is the binning process making one chiplet superior to the other. You need to combine these superior chiplets to get 3900x with better boosts. I'm not convinced with your statements better yields. The yields are very good all the way for AMD but the quality of the chiplets (superiority) might not be there as they would want it to be. Unless your yields is referring to the superior chiplets then sure. If the process matures the superior chiplets will be more common.
I don't think the 3950X is delayed. AMD stated release of the 3950X later not with the rest of the processors. Not sure of the release date of course but it wasn't now for sure.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Don't forget you also have the Epyc line consuming chiplets along with silicon going elsewhere too.
What I was getting at is based on what you get from the foundry is what you have to work with, an obvious thing. The supply of "Superior" chiplets for making a 3900 unfortuately will be less than flawed ones making it more difficult to make 3900's by volume, esp of sufficient volume to satisfy demand.

Again, you must have a steady supply by volume of these good/superior chiplets to support continuous production of a model such as the 3900 and if not, you have to make what you can based on production requirements.
These requirements which are production based won't wait for any given number of those to appear for making one with, when it's time to make the chip on the line that's what happens. I've seen many instances where perhaps waiting would have improved things for such but in this case, the need to produce (Make and get them out the door/sold) overtakes all and that's how it is when you say production.

Since these are made on an assembly line-style of production, I mean you gonna be "That Guy" stopping the line because a good batch of silicon happened to come in 2 minutes ago and wait for them to make it from receiving to the bins on the line for assembly?
Nope - The line keeps on moving and whatever is "There" in the bins is what you have to make them with at the time the chip arrives at your station.
TBH I really don't know exactly how they do their production but I've been in (Contractor/repair guy) and even worked in many places and all were the same way - Production trumps all.

Since the tech for making 7nm is still rather new this is expected and really should be, the process over time will improve and that in turn will make more "Superior" chiplets available.
Nothing we can do about that except wait and buy when they appear.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Don't forget you also have the Epyc line consuming chiplets along with silicon going elsewhere too.
What I was getting at is based on what you get from the foundry is what you have to work with, an obvious thing. The supply of "Superior" chiplets for making a 3900 unfortuately will be less than flawed ones making it more difficult to make 3900's by volume, esp of sufficient volume to satisfy demand.

I think AMD stated that Epyc wont be clocked as high as 3900x is. Epyc is for server and it's main advantage is core number not frequency. They can go with not top binned chiplets. I think Epyc manufacturing will not impact 3900x that much. Especially when the process for making the chiplets is better.

Again, you must have a steady supply by volume of these good/superior chiplets to support continuous production of a model such as the 3900 and if not, you have to make what you can based on production requirements.
These requirements which are production based won't wait for any given number of those to appear for making one with, when it's time to make the chip on the line that's what happens. I've seen many instances where perhaps waiting would have improved things for such but in this case, the need to produce (Make and get them out the door/sold) overtakes all and that's how it is when you say production.

Since these are made on an assembly line-style of production, I mean you gonna be "That Guy" stopping the line because a good batch of silicon happened to come in 2 minutes ago and wait for them to make it from receiving to the bins on the line for assembly?
Nope - The line keeps on moving and whatever is "There" in the bins is what you have to make them with at the time the chip arrives at your station.
TBH I really don't know exactly how they do their production but I've been in (Contractor/repair guy) and even worked in many places and all were the same way - Production trumps all.
The best way is to have steady supply chain and production going. There's no doubt about it. From making, to markets, to selling and getting cash. That is not what I'm concerned here about. Production chain makes chiplets like you said. They are being tested though and I'm sure AMD has a way to verify the quality of the product before they are being used in certain processor. Maybe AMD is waiting for the process to mature and that might be the thing. They will still have some of the 3900x for release anyway. Maybe that is what they are doing now.

Store near by where I live scheduled for September 17th, getting 50 pieces of 3900x as single processor and 50 pieces in a combo with a motherboard and Ram modules. Not to mention the availability of the built computer by other manufacturers using AMD processors is available already. The dispute earlier was as well about the fact the processors are not available to us, regular consumers, because of the AMD's bad planning. Disagree totally. Especially since you have built computers from other vendors already available. The demand is huge for these processors. Computer maker’s vendors get most of the processors at the start. Just like it is now. Then individual consumers like us. These delays in deliveries might be caused because that. Wouldn't you agree?
Since the tech for making 7nm is still rather new this is expected and really should be, the process over time will improve and that in turn will make more "Superior" chiplets available.
Nothing we can do about that except wait and buy when they appear.
Not saying the process is as good as can be but TSMC has been working on the process for a while now and the shortages may not be cause just because of the "yields" but also increased demand and first of all supply chain for vendors getting in an agreement with AMD for delivering the CPUs. After that individual consumers, like us, come. Believe it or not we are at the bottom of the chain :)

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Thing is with Epyc, they have to be superior to perfect due to the nature of their use. In the case of Epyc speed isn't the important thing, it's making sure whatever data passes through is computed without error and takes superior quality pieces to ensure that.

They are also clocked lower to ensure they live and frankly, to be certain they don't put out too much heat. Higher clocks always means more heat and power consumed, that being a big deal with places that have servers in use such as in a server room.

Speaking of the heat I can't tell you how many times I've had to deal with the server room where it was having an AC breakdown and the servers just heating up the place. Was on me to get the AC working again if possible and if I coudn't, to get someone in that could ASAP.
If the servers ever did shut down, the entire operation itself was also shut down and the boss himself would get very hot about that.

Facility downtime was expressly verboten for any reason whatsoever.

You do make a good point about vendors getting alot of the chips, that's another case of silicon being diverted but not from the chips themselves, it's more about us - The guys that are enthusiasts and what we would get.
The vendor market is huge and AMD, like any other will take care of their bottom line because they have to. Yes, I agree we are considered the bottom of the food chain getting all the left overs from the rest, nothing we can do about that but wait.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Thing is with Epyc, they have to be superior to perfect due to the nature of their use. In the case of Epyc speed isn't the important thing, it's making sure whatever data passes through is computed without error and takes superior quality pieces to ensure that.

They are also clocked lower to ensure they live and frankly, to be certain they don't put out too much heat. Higher clocks always means more heat and power consumed, that being a big deal with places that have servers in use such as in a server room.

Speaking of the heat I can't tell you how many times I've had to deal with the server room where it was having an AC breakdown and the servers just heating up the place. Was on me to get the AC working again if possible and if I coudn't, to get someone in that could ASAP.
If the servers ever did shut down, the entire operation itself was also shut down and the boss himself would get very hot about that.

Facility downtime was expressly verboten for any reason whatsoever.
That is what I was saying mainly. Epyc doesn't need the frequency so the binning isn't crucial here. The power consumption is and of course binning will improve that but not by much. Since frequency is lower and voltage drops down as well the Epyc will already be qualified and yeah life span will increase as well. What I still think, the Epyc manufacturing will not impact 3900x production that much
With the AC in the server room yeah :) Been there, seen in, experienced it :) Either way, no matter how cool the processor is the AC is always present in the server room.

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 150W PPT limit, 79C temp limit, CO -9~14
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F37h, AGESA V2 1.2.0.B
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 with off center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MHz 1.42V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:288, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~465W (366W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.2.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR1000
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v23H2, OSB 22631.3155)
I'm sure AMD has a way to verify the quality of the product before they are being used in certain processor.
The chips are qualified and sorted out for what is what right on the wafer, before they even cut it... Its a standard procedure for massive chip manufacturing...

main-qimg-17212f21b5bca1db6f112dcbdeff689f.png

And yes, AMD found a way to raise the yields by making chiplets. The smaller the chip, the better the yields. If there is any inavailability to 3900X chiplets its probably for more than one reason. I assume that because 3900X is the highest chiplet so far from those released to the market the majority of those "high" chiplets are going to bigger markets, like the US... or Germany, China...

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
There's no shortage of chips. The issue is he lives somewhere where he can't get chips cheap. How does that have anything to do with a chip shortage?

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 150W PPT limit, 79C temp limit, CO -9~14
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F37h, AGESA V2 1.2.0.B
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 with off center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MHz 1.42V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:288, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~465W (366W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.2.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR1000
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v23H2, OSB 22631.3155)
Here in Greece, things are like that...
3600/3600X ->> listed on ~30 online stores (~60% of them ready for delivery)
3700X/3800X ->> listed on ~25 online stores (~30% of them ready for delivery)
3900X ->> listed on maybe 5 online stores (none of them ready for delivery)

The stores that are "not ready" have prerequisite the order from the customer and then they order from the supplier. And what kind of availability has the supplier... you cant tell! You will have to contact the stores via the phone or an email...

I hate when any shop does that... Tax should be listed on product page, not on checkout as that's what i am paying. At that price i definitely prefer to wait. Anyway, thx for trying to help :)
I think we'll have to accept it (as people in US do). Larger stores in EU try to attract customers from other countries.
There's no shortage of chips. The issue is he lives somewhere where he can't get chips cheap. How does that have anything to do with a chip shortage?
No, 3900X is very hard to get in many countries.
Obviously AMD decided to ship these CPUs to countries with higher income first. It's a very expensive consumer chip after all.
If the yields improve 3900X will be easier to get, but you know... time goes by. Intel next gen is around the corner. More importantly: AMD's next gen (Zen3?) is getting close and there's a change it may use a new socket.

Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I think we'll have to accept it (as people in US do). Larger stores in EU try to attract customers from other countries.

Obviously AMD decided to ship these CPUs to countries with higher income first. It's a very expensive consumer chip after all.
If the yields improve 3900X will be easier to get, but you know... time goes by. Intel next gen is around the corner. More importantly: AMD's next gen (Zen3?) is getting close and there's a change it may use a new socket.
More likely they're pushing the US as a priority. Seeing how every Microcenter gets a weekly resupply.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
More likely they're pushing the US as a priority. Seeing how every Microcenter gets a weekly resupply.
Not quite a priority. There's a line for the processors and resellers get it first when they submit the order. Of course the closest to the source you are the better. Then the distribution goes further to partners. If it is America or EU it doesn't make much difference. If you are the last reseller to make an order for a number of CPU you will get it last. Some resellers are waiting with the purchase to the last minute, especially the small ones. From resellers all other computers making companies get the cpus. Consumer market is the last one to get it because it is the most uncertain market and people buy in retail. Other big computers making companies buy in bulk and that's where the most cash is. This doesn't have much to do with the country. If invoices are payed the product leaves to the customer. Simplified version of the chain but I'm sure you understand.

Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
CPU "pre-ordered" with motherboard. Let's see if waiting will be worth it, i mean if i will receive cpu at all.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Of course the closest to the source you are the better.
And by this, I presume you mean China and Malaysia, since that's where the final assembly is being done...
I only know one local shop here that claims to have stock and I'm close to both of those nations...

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
And by this, I presume you mean China and Malaysia, since that's where the final assembly is being done...
I only know one local shop here that claims to have stock and I'm close to both of those nations...
I think you are missing the point. The assembly line is one thing. The shipments of the products not necessarily go straight from the assembly line.
What I mean about (and I thought that's obvious) closer to the factory (source) is that you can get the shipment faster. It doesn't mean you get it first because you are where the assembly line is. Reseller needs to place an order for the product and that's resellers' job to do it if they want availability of the product in their portfolio. If the reseller doesn't order the product (considering the time required for the shipment, all the paper work, and your "number" in the line) they can be vis-a-vis the assembly line or storage area and they still get the product last.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
I think you are missing the point. The assembly line is one thing. The shipments of the products not necessarily go straight from the assembly line.
What I mean about (and I thought that's obvious) closer to the factory (source) is that you can get the shipment faster. It doesn't mean you get it first because you are where the assembly line is. Reseller needs to place an order for the product and that's resellers' job to do it if they want availability of the product in their portfolio. If the reseller doesn't order the product (considering the time required for the shipment, all the paper work, and your "number" in the line) they can be vis-a-vis the assembly line or storage area and they still get the product last.

Obviously not, they go to a warehouse, then an airport or a harbour...
Dude, I've driven past AMD's assembly plant in Georgetown and I live 2h drive from TSMC, no need to explain this to me.
I was just pulling your leg, since the way you put it was so oversimplified...

And obviously, the resellers and distributors might very well be at fault here, as I don't think they expected the high demand.
Throw in what's going on between the US and China and things get complicated, especially as more AMD chips seems to come out of China than Malaysia.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Obviously not, they go to a warehouse, then an airport or a harbour...
Dude, I've driven past AMD's assembly plant in Georgetown and I live 2h drive from TSMC, no need to explain this to me.
I was just pulling your leg, since the way you put it was so oversimplified...
I'm not doubting your knowledge of the distribution chain etc. You seemed confused so I expanded on my previous premise.
I mentioned, it is simple explanation, so not sure what you are after.