• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.3.0

1usmus

AMD Memory Guru
Hi guys, I created a calculator that will make it easier to overclock the memory. It works with all kinds of memory and all zen processors.

Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.3.0
Last update : 26 July

>> Download latest version <<

* Fast preset more optimized, I advise you to start with it
* added initial support Hynix CFR (18nm), Micron E-die (16nm)
* substantially reworked most of the presets (timings, procODT, RTT, voltages)
* the "custom profile" now works a little differently, in most cases the XMP data is simply not compatible with Ryzen, so some timings are calculated according to a special algorithm. My opinion, importing a profile in most cases will not be successful anyway, AMD and Intel controllers have huge architectural differences and signal tolerances.
* combined Samsung e-die / d-die (v1 profile d-die, v2 - e-die)
* Extreme preset got a new life (I remind you that any memory requires additional cooling, if the memory heats above 52 degrees the system loses stability. AMD I have notified.)
* Overclocking potential DRAM is back for samsung b-die (for other chips, support will be added later)
* the combination for procODT + RTT now has more accurate recommendations for frequencies, with a change in frequency, these parameters change
* some items have been removed (for example, the recommendations have become smaller, DQS str + Data drive has been removed because most motherboards do not have these settings. These settings work only on ASUS CH6 / 7)
* new AGESA brought some changes in the power supply (PMU) for SOC / DRAM, the difference between generations of processors I did not see, because the choice of processor generation was removed
* appeared protection from stupid situations, when memory is not capable of working at the desired frequency, but the calculator gives suggestions
* added Help tab with 4 button (Overclocking Statistics + Information support)
* adaptation for older versions of Windows
* small UI changes
* TRFC2/4 now painted in gray color, that is, I do not recommend using them
* bug fixing
* in the folder with the program now there is a picture, it is a methodical tool to help you set up the system

News and some important information:
A huge amount of time was spent on testing, because of this I had to delay the release of the new version. There is a problem you need to know about. Timing tFAW in most cases does not have a fixed time, the rule tFAW = tRRDS * 4 does not work, this timing must be selected manually. For example, 3666 I have stable only at tFAW = 27, and 3333 at tFAW = 17.

There is also a nuance, not all motherboards of the X470 generation received a new bus topology. The difference is in procODT, for example 3666, I can make it work with procODT 48, but some cards require procODT 60. In case of failure, you need to check the neighboring values of procODT.

AGESA 1.0.0.4c has an improvement in DRAM overclocking, at the moment AMD strives to ensure that most of the key settings work perfectly in automatic mode. First of all it concerns CAD_BUS. The values 24 24 24 24 are relevant for single rank. The release of the final bios is scheduled for the end of July.

At the moment, AMD has provided the developers of motherboards with a new AGESA 1.0.0.5. In addition to the Specter 2 patch, it is not known what it provides yet.

Instructions on how to use the Ryzen Dram Calculator to get stable or faster ram on Ryzen systems

For example , my result :

1usmus

AMD Memory Guru
Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.3.1 release

download:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

* new extreme presets for samsung b-die
* correction procODT+RTT_PARK for samsung b-die, all micron + correction RTT_NOM for all memory
* new V2 profile (low quality chips) for samsung b-die
* added support high frequency for 4 dimm samsung b-die
* added support Hynix AFR/MFR in Overclocking potential DRAM
* pop-up windows are added for some situations
* main recomendation 20 20 20 20 for CAD_BUS is back
* correction some timings in all samsung b-die presets
* some correction in micron e-die preset
* picture "b-die termination" in folder
* geardown bug fix
* minor bug fix

+

I have prepared for you an approximate tablet, in which there is a dependence of the change of procODT + RTT on the frequency. The PTT PARK parameter is marked with a blue color, which in most cases will have the best ratio of the useful signal to noise. Gray color indicates what I did not test. In the future, I will try to provide you with a more accurate version.

Remember, each memory module is a silicic lottery + printed circuit board has a different wiring (impedance).

This program is publicly available for publication in news resources and preparation of reviews. The copyright to the logic of the program and the product is present.

Last edited:

1usmus

AMD Memory Guru
DRAM Calculator for Ryzen™ 1.4.0 (overclocking DRAM on AM4)

download:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

* Initial support Threadripper gen 1 and gen 2
* Improved SOC voltage prediction for different processors and their generations
* Additional window that will tell what minimum DRAM voltage is needed by the system
* Additional windows that show a nanosecond delay for the current calculated profile. It will be especially useful for users who are reflashing SPD
* Improved prediction procODT + RTT + CAD_BUS for some memory (the block has endured many changes)
* Improved overclocking for Hynix CJR . Up to 3800 MHz inclusive. Big thanks @Reous for the help
* A switch has been added to define system tasks, BGS / BGSalt recommendations depend on it. Turning off BGS allows you to increase gaming performance by up to 5%
* The "Custom" profile will be based solely on the data that is placed in XMP. Its new name is "Debug". Mode designed from scratch, available for almost all chips (but still need some time for a more subtle configuration).I think this mode is needed for professionals who want to see all the changes relative to automatic overclocking or XMP profile. This will allow them to see some nuances that can not provide the profiles of "V1" and "V2".Also, this mode will be useful to owners of systems based on Intel processors.
* Some changes in procODT + RTT for systems in which 4 RAM SR modules
* Added support for Micron D-die
* Changes in the code that will help speed up the development of the calculator (future versions)
* Added some popup tips for key settings
* New picture in folder Configuring Ryzen Systems v5
* Other corrections/bug fixes

System Name ROG By purecain
Processor AMD Ryzen+ 7 2700X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling TT Water3.0 Riing edition
Memory 32Gb G.Skill Trident RGB 4150@3466mhz
Video Card(s) Titan V HBM2 12GB on its way
Storage 1TbSamsung EvoM.2/1TbSamsung SSD/2Tb+3TbSeagate/1TBseagate/60GbForceGT/750gbHitachi Deskstar/500gbWD
Display(s) 55"Sony Bravia X855 10bit 4K+HDR@60fps 2K+HDR@120fps IPS panel
Case Thermaltake CoreX71 Limited Edition Etched Tempered Glass Door
Audio Device(s) On board/NIcomplete audio 6
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS 1000w 80+
Mouse Logitech MX MASTER
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Keyboard
Software Windows10pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]
well done, thanks for the effort... :toast:

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
MOD: I don't understand why this isn't stickied. Took me a while to find it because I forgot its name.

infrared

Staff member
System Name The Distractor
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling 2x 240mm rads, Corsair ML fans, EKWB pump/res and GPU block. XSPC Raystorm pro CPU block
Memory G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-4266 16GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB + Corsair 120GB ssd (linux) + WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint 18.3
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
System Name RYZEN RECKER
Processor Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4ghz
Motherboard Asus Prime B350-plus
Cooling Thermaltake Silent 12 on CPU, Arctic Cooling Acellero Extreme 3 on GPU, Cougar case fans.
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair LPX 3200mhz
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 1040 mhz core / 1500 mhz memory (R9 390 clocks..)
Storage 1TB Seagate for Steam games, 1TB WD for backup, Patriot 120gb SSD for boot. 3TB for more Steam games
Display(s) ASUS VX24A 1440p @ 72hz
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 headset
Power Supply Corsair CX850m
Mouse Steel Series Sensei
Keyboard Corsair K55
Software Windows 10 64-bit