• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky Features

CaptainMitchell

There are some new features about Clear Sky :
GSC Game World said that the Game Will be Fully Supported by DirectX 10 & there will be many new effects in the game..
The Game Engine has made it possible to change the weather.
When you are playing the game , the Day can change immediately to night...
There will be also Full HDR Lightning effects.
here are some more features :
- DirectX 8 & 9 Support
- Exclusive Smoke Dynamic Volumetric System
- Exclusive Raining System
Release Date : 29th of August

Really Sorry For Grammar Mistakes...:(

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
- DX 8 & 9, nothing new been there since SoC..
- Volumetric smoke, boring. Us SoC modders implemented that ages ago
- Weather system, Zzzzzz.... we already have a dynamic, random weather system.

Modders rule, GSC suck ass.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Kinda sour at this game there Ket? :D

Did they really mess up that bad in your mind? I tried the "demo"...felt the same as the original, looked a lot more like it except for coloring, lighting and shading, character movements still so-so..still almost zombied ya know? But it was entertaining to play through, and the atmosphere seemed just as gritty. I never could get into SoC, I have tried almost a dozen times, I don't get much further than the first 20 minutes of the game and I gotta move on to something that's entertaining for me to play...but seeing your mod coming back and this game coming out has me thinking of getting my disc back and re-instlalling it!

I like what the original and this are bringing to the table, still cool to see the approach these guys have made, I look forward to trying Twilite Ket again (less buggy now? :D ) and trying CS, maybe this time my interest will stick a little longer!

:toast:

D

Deleted member 24505

I got my hands on an old alpha of this to look at,i think its the old E3 demo.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Damn right I'm bitter cunts didnt deliver anything they promised, and when it did arrive it was a stripped out shell that ran like shit and half of what was still there didnt even work right. In a nutshell CS is basically everything that was stripped out of SoC. To spite GSC TK will grow into the biggest conversion mod of all time combining both games into one. I'll show the fuckwits what STALKER can be and how badly they fucked it up.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
i wish SoC was more open ended, kinda like how farcry 2 is planned to be

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Damn right I'm bitter cunts didnt deliver anything they promised, and when it did arrive it was a stripped out shell that ran like shit and half of what was still there didnt even work right. In a nutshell CS is basically everything that was stripped out of SoC. To spite GSC TK will grow into the biggest conversion mod of all time combining both games into one. I'll show the fuckwits what STALKER can be and how badly they fucked it up.

Well they can't have messed up too bad if you want to mod it so bad right, if it was utter trash you wouldn't go near it now would ya? I know you better then that, you enjoy this game and like what it has brought to the table thus far, but you also feel you will greatly improve on what's already there...am I getting warm? ;) I hope you meet your goals of your mods, and really I have no doubts you will.

How many places deliver 100% of what they promise anymore? Especially in the gaming industry, it seems they should keep their mouths shut until just before going Gold and then announce what they actually have to bring to the table lol! There'd be more mystery and curiosity, and of course hype, but if less was known aside from what was seen in Beta Testing, there'd be less dissapointment for many, and then there will always be those not content...like you Ket, which thankfully you are one of the kickass individuals willing to do something about it aside from just complaining! For that I thank you, and I can't wait to see what TK grows into! It would be cool if they called you up for help LoL! T.K. Super STALKER, your one STALKER game that defies all odds and shows all what this world was supposed to be!

I still am excited for CS though, dunno if I'll buy it right away or just enjoy your 1.1 after official release for alittle while...money and time will tell on that end.

calm it mate its only a game and if its like the first one then it should be good

im not saying anything about it until its released because ive got hyped up about games and they were shit

i take everything with a pinch of salt some might say i need to lighten up but its better than being let down, this way none games can ever let me down by being shitty

sure i can get excited at a game but i never say its going to be this or that

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Well they can't have messed up too bad if you want to mod it so bad right, if it was utter trash you wouldn't go near it now would ya? I know you better then that, you enjoy this game and like what it has brought to the table thus far, but you also feel you will greatly improve on what's already there...am I getting warm? ;) I hope you meet your goals of your mods, and really I have no doubts you will.

How many places deliver 100% of what they promise anymore? Especially in the gaming industry, it seems they should keep their mouths shut until just before going Gold and then announce what they actually have to bring to the table lol! There'd be more mystery and curiosity, and of course hype, but if less was known aside from what was seen in Beta Testing, there'd be less dissapointment for many, and then there will always be those not content...like you Ket, which thankfully you are one of the kickass individuals willing to do something about it aside from just complaining! For that I thank you, and I can't wait to see what TK grows into! It would be cool if they called you up for help LoL! T.K. Super STALKER, your one STALKER game that defies all odds and shows all what this world was supposed to be!

I still am excited for CS though, dunno if I'll buy it right away or just enjoy your 1.1 after official release for alittle while...money and time will tell on that end.

Its because the game is utter trash I want to mod it - to deliver what was promised.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its because the game is utter trash I want to mod it - to deliver what was promised.

Then I guess I don't know you as well as I thought I did hehe. :pimp:

I don't think the game is trash, it is boring at the beginning...to the point that's why I get no further than the first hour or so and I save it, close and never return...then you get ready release the next update to your damn mod now I wanna play! :D

BTW...how much longer till TK 1.1? :D

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
lol TBH I'm surprised I play STALKER so much - I think its only my mod that keeps me playing it because it unlocks so many doors and possibilities the devs didn't even think were possible. I'll spare the details but unlike other "stealth" mods for STALKER my customised implementation of stealth doesnt mess up NPCs vision, the stealth is based purely on how far certain sounds will realistically travel. This means if you happen to be crouched down a little you can sneak right up on an NPC and stick him with the knife (if your good) or just blast him from almost point-blank range with a shotgun

TK 1.1 won't be long now, I just have a few little "things" to implement ;) keep your eyes peeled for furth details in the TK 1.1 thread.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
lol TBH I'm surprised I play STALKER so much - I think its only my mod that keeps me playing it because it unlocks so many doors and possibilities the devs didn't even think were possible. I'll spare the details but unlike other "stealth" mods for STALKER my customised implementation of stealth doesnt mess up NPCs vision, the stealth is based purely on how far certain sounds will realistically travel. This means if you happen to be crouched down a little you can sneak right up on an NPC and stick him with the knife (if your good) or just blast him from almost point-blank range with a shotgun

TK 1.1 won't be long now, I just have a few little "things" to implement ;) keep your eyes peeled for furth details in the TK 1.1 thread.

sounds like you've gotten some inspiration from Thief, eh?

damn, I still have yet to play anything with such a realisitc stealth based system as Thief, sure TDP had it's bugs here and there, but nothing has been able to touch it when it comes to stealth and AI/PC/environment interactions. We've seen games where AI will react to player made sound, but how many where the AI also react to objects having been moved, loot missing, or props destroyed?

the lack of stealth is one drawback, IMO, to STALKER; that and I did find it quite a bit easy at times . . . I'm working on a couple of mini-mods to make things a bit more challenging as well, without going ridiculous like some mods have and making things totally unbalanced . . . I want a challenge, not Doom3 on nightmare, goddammit.

Still, though, as much as SoC was lacking from what was promised - I can't fault GSC too much . . . they had great aspirations, but achieveing all that is aspired to in the gaming world is very hard to do sometimes.

Also, IMHO, I think SoC was pushed out the door due to distributor/publisher demands - the game was already, what, 3 years behind schedule? It's not like they had a ton of money like other big-time devs do . . . I think someone put their foot down and said deliver a product by such-and-such date or be dropped all together. There was way too much cut out from SoC that was 1/2 to 3/4 of the way done, and none of those aspects were even cut from the game code, just commented off . . . which would you rather, to release a half-baked product, or risk losing dist/pub support (and possibly not finding someone else willing to take the risk afterwards)?

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
TK1.1 is exceptionally balanced, some areas may seem impossible, but you will soon realise thats far from the truth and it just requires a tactical approach ;) and TBH, I'd much rather GSC released nothing than how vanilla SoC is, after all the hype GSC had to deliver something that even just had a glimmer of what they promised, but SoC doesnt even have a glimmer.. until its had the shit modded out of it. I'd put money on everything like the old (as in, what you saw in tech demos \ beta releases) Cordon and Garbage levels being used in CS. Us SoC modders know exactly what GSC intend to do, and most of us are disgusted by it. CS is NOT a "new" game, just everything that was left out of SoC.

after all the hype GSC had to deliver something that even just had a glimmer of what they promised, but SoC doesnt even have a glimmer..

Considering you're bashing this so much and the above statement, do we still get Christmas gifts from you? Or is the ketxxxle calling the pot black here?