• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

S-Video make slow vertical scan thingies on my TV, any way to remove them?

NYGANG_EDDI

I was usin a geforce card before with a Yellow RCA connector. The movies on my Projection Sony TV ran great but then I bought a radeon 9600 se. It came with a S-Video output so I set it up because I knew S-Video is better quality. So now when I watch stuff on my TV I can see a slow moving scanline like thingie crawling up on the screen, not really noticeable but very annoying. So I was wonderin how can I get rid of it!. Is it because im using a projection big screen TV?, I really wanna keep the new card in since its faster.

P.S Bought a lil sterio to RCA audio thingie for my sound card to hook up to my tv. I get humming, any way to totally get rid of this? (I set all my equalizers on high on my computer to drown it out), maybe noise filter????

C&C Freak 2K

That yellow RCA connector is composite video. What happens when you use component video instead of S-Video?

NYGANG_EDDI

um component video eh... yea Dont use those. So I tried some gold plated S-VIDEO cables with the S-VIDEO from the radeon 9800 pro and I still get those slow moving vertical scans. So im Assuming its just the projection television but anyone know on how to clear it

10sion

Big Bump!

I'm having the same problem, here are some pics:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

There are white/gray/dark lines on-screen, from one line to a few and varying in size, but this was the best my 2mp cam could pick up.

I have a 7600GT and use the s-video cable provided to connect to my TV. The lines fluctuate between bearable and irritating.
On my cousin's laptop with Go 6150 with the same s-video cable, it's less worse. The lines would even settle down later on and be almost unnoticeable.
Could my 7600GT be faulty?

My 7600GT also comes with a component out dongle and im thinking buying a component cable to connect to my TV's Y/Pb/Pr will solve my problem.

Any and all help is appreciated.:toast:

P.S. - What is this anomaly called anyway?

Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Bleach, hehe.

Did you guys try changing the refresh rates? That's the only thing I can think of trying. Also, Look around in your driver control panel to see if there's special settings for TVs.

NYGANG_EDDI

Bro , I found the problem, even happens with my parents tv upstairs when playing from PC

The problem is your Cable TV cable. Whenever I watch somthing off my PC I have to disconnect my TV cable . The TV cable for some reason causes interferience. You'd think that they would have fixed this simple inconvience (maybe it isnt all tv's ?)

anyways , unplug your cable tv cable whenever watching off your TV and you should be crystal clear ;)

*EDIT*

I also forgot to mention that it was also adding annoying humming to my audio, I really dont get why the cable TV and the RCA inputs arnt properly isolated as to not cause interference!!!!,

enjoy your vids ^^

NYGANG_EDDI

I have solved one of life's biggests mysteries and saved thousands from endless v-line torment

CELEBRATION! :toast:

NYGANG_EDDI

nah I posted on this forum at the time I was desparate for answers and scouring the net. I eventually found out the problems after some months of sufferage! . I just randomly got an email tonight that this thread had been updated lol , wow. I just wanted to reply because I could feel this dudes frustration and wanted to help out :nutkick:

10sion

It works! Good thing it's just RF interference and not my new card. Kinda inconvenient since my TV cable socket area has barely enough room for my hand but my videos are finally clear.:D

@Wile e
My TV can only refresh the screen at 60Hz.:(

@Eddi
Was your gold-plated cable RF shielded? And how was the component cable?
S-video does looks nicer than component on certain devices (displayed on a non-digital TV).

NYGANG_EDDI

yes, Its just the television itself. maybe you should get a small threadless female-female tv cable so then u can just unhook it everytime u need to watch somthing off your pc