• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

sabertooth z77 and quadro k4200 sli?

acidco

hi firstly. i need to help for fix this issue.

i have a sabertooth z77 motherborard and 1 quadro k4200 last week. im gonna mad and buy another quadro k4200 and exacly i check to quadro sli compatiblity. everything is look normal at yesterday. i install to cards and after install to setups. only one time system say change to sli connection or like this( maybe change sli/nvlink cable or slot). anyway im now need to help for fix this issue. anyone can help me for solve?

IMG_20180714_214121_HHT.jpg

Durvelle27

Staff member
System Name Black Prometheus
Processor |AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard ASRock B550M Pro4|MSI X370 Gaming PLUS
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE | AMD Stock Cooler
Memory G.Skill 64GB(2x32GB) 3200MHz | 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) |AMD R9 290
Storage Sandisk X300 512GB + WD Black 6TB+WD Black 6TB
Display(s) LG Nanocell85 49" 4K 120Hz + ACER AOPEN 34" 3440x1440 144Hz
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55 V3 w/ 6x120mm Intake + 3x120mm Exhaust
Audio Device(s) LG Dolby Atmos 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RMX850 Fully Modular| EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Software Windows 10 EDU x64
Can I ask why Quadros

acidco

i have a quadro and im working render or other things like drawing or more. quadro was good on this works.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
I read and reread and I couldn't find your question. Are you asking if it'll work or is there an issue with SLI?

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK

acidco

Only show two quadro k4200. Not sli not anything, cards was work normal i can Bench it but not sli. İ try to differentsliauto but not change cause not recommended to k4200.

Processor Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor
Motherboard ASUS ProArt Z790-CREATOR WIFI
Cooling EKWB EK-AIO 360 D-RGB
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6600MHz C32 Memory Kit — Black
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING
Storage Samsung 1TB 990 PRO
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q x2
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Premium Gaming Headset
Power Supply Corsair RMi Series RM850i High-Performance ATX Power Supply
Mouse Corsair SCIMITAR RGB Optical MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Silent
Software Microsoft Windows 11 PRO
Only show two quadro k4200. Not sli not anything, cards was work normal i can Bench it but not sli. İ try to differentsliauto but not change cause not recommended to k4200.

You can't just run QUADRO SLI on random systems or motherboards. QUADRO SLI certification is different than Geforce GTX SLI certification.

Please read the article below:

https://www.nvidia.com/object/sli-certified-systems-and-motherboards.html

If you don't have a workstation or workstation grade motherboard that Nvidia tested and certified, you can't enable QUADRO SLI.

i have a quadro and im working render or other things like drawing or more. quadro was good on this works.

Can you give the names of the render engines and the drawing softwares you are using? I can help you finding the best option for your workflow and the best possible performance. My work is building custom workstations for customers ( not for small business or freelance artists - it is enterprise level ) that DELL, HP, Lenovo, Apple can't provide.

Last edited:

acidco

You can't just run QUADRO SLI on random systems or motherboards. QUADRO SLI certification is different than Geforce GTX SLI certification.

Please read the article below:

https://www.nvidia.com/object/sli-certified-systems-and-motherboards.html

If you don't have a workstation or workstation grade motherboard you can't enable QUADRO SLI.

Can you give the names of the render engines and the drawing softwares you are using? I can help you finding the best option for your workflow and the best possible performance. My work is building custom workstations for customers ( not for small business users or freelance artists - it is enterprise level ) that DELL, HP, Lenovo, Apple can't provide.

İ got it. Sabertooth z77 is my motherboard and it has on list. Can you help ne about this issue. İ use Cinema 4d but in not want to be sli work for software. İn just try software and play game with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180716-102655.png
    Screenshot_20180716-102655.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 439
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6600MHz C32 Memory Kit — Black
İ got it. Sabertooth z77 is my motherboard and it has on list. Can you help ne about this issue. İ use Cinema 4d but in not want to be sli work for software. İn just try software and play game with it.

If it is certified, please check your SLI bridge connection. In K series, QUADROs first SLI port is generally used for SDI / SYNC connection. Second port ( on the right ) is used for SLI connection.

If you have, you can also try to use solid SLI bridge instead of flexible one.

acidco

İ try it but never try solid bridge. İs it possible ?

İ try it but never try solid bridge. İs it possible ?

Might be possible. Solid SLI Bridge doesn't have to be the high bandwith version. HB version will be needed For Pascal series. Kepler series doesn't need HB version, flex bridges sometimes give problems during operation, that's why we prefer to use solid ones.

acidco

when i install 2 card on system and plug in to first sli slot, system was say "connect to sli/nvlink cable to socket". but i format to machine and try again but not find solve to problem. never see that warning again. really i dont know why system not see sli connection. i was try 2 option for sli bridge and swap cards and replacement and lastly format to windows pro workstation. cant find. i try to differentsliauto but not recommended to my gpu. how i solve this problem really i dont know. if is it not problem, can i talk with you today again? whatsapp or facebook is enough.

when i install 2 card on system and plug in to first sli slot, system was say "connect to sli/nvlink cable to socket". but i format to machine and try again but not find solve to problem. never see that warning again. really i dont know why system not see sli connection. i was try 2 option for sli bridge and swap cards and replacement and lastly format to windows pro workstation. cant find. i try to differentsliauto but not recommended to my gpu. how i solve this problem really i dont know. if is it not problem, can i talk with you today again? whatsapp or facebook is enough.

You can contact me through here no problem.

C4D doesn't benefit what QUADRO GPUs offer ( just longevity, because they are designed to work long hours under high loads ) also C4D does't directly benefit from multi GPU configurations unless you are using third party plugins like Octane or Furryball.

We divide C4D in three category.

Modelling - single core action needs high CPU frequency
Animation - sinle or two cores action needs high CPU frequency
Rendering - multipple cores action needs high Core count CPU

If you are going to use the system just for C4D, my suggestion will be selling both K4200 Quadro's and buy a Geforce GTX GPU with a higher CUDA cores. K4200 CUDA core count is 1344 and GPU clock is 771 MHz with only 4GB memory. If you replace those with a GTX 1080 which has 2560 CUDA cores,1600MHz+ Core Clock and 8GB memory.

By doing this, you won't be have to deal with SLI problems, you'll get better performance from GPU ( even if total CUDA core count will be lover, higher clock speeds and newer arthitecture will close that gap. ) and better gaming experience ( QUADRO GPUs are not thar good for gaming. )

acidco

My 3d performances is good for moddeling and render. İ try to redshift and gpu render on c4d and İt is Good without sli. İm selling to cards now but problem is fix to sli problem. İ must sell this Card but wait so much for buyer. Anyway, i will wait so long.

My 3d performances is good for moddeling and render. İ try to redshift and gpu render on c4d and İt is Good without sli. İm selling to cards now but problem is fix to sli problem. İ must sell this Card but wait so much for buyer. Anyway, i will wait so long.

As I said before, biggest performance query for C4D is the CPU unless you use a third party plugin. that's why modelling ( depens on cpu core frequency, so if the system is OCed modeling won't be an issue. ) and render ( depends on CPU core, unless 3rd party plugin is used ) is good.

I'm also reseller of Redshift, so I also know how it works.
As system requirements says;

Minimum
  • 8GB of system memory
  • Processor with SSE2 support (Pentium4 or better)
  • NVidia GPU with CUDA compute capability 3.0 or higher and 4GB VRAM
  • Single GPU
Recommended
  • 16GB of system memory or more
  • Core i7 or Xeon equivalent, 3.0GHz or higher
  • NVidia GPU with CUDA compute capability 5.0 or higher and 8GB of VRAM or more
  • Multiple GPUs
K4200 is a gpu with NVidia GPU with CUDA compute capability 3.0 and 4GB VRAM, so it meets the minimum requirements for Redshift.

I'll look at the problem you are having right now and try to find a solution for it.

acidco

thanks for your help. i want to sli they cards cause my game performance is go worst after change my monitor. normally take 35-40 fps in game but now i have 25 fps on game. i think maybe second card give 10 fps more on game. im not sure about redshift but if i use sli, i can use 8 gb vram for all and thats enough for me now. i will sell they cards but i must wait so much for find buyer. thanks for search solution for me. i hope so u can find something. i cant find solid sli cable in my country only find hd sli bridge and you say not work on quadros. can i reset cmos ? is it change someting for sli?

thanks for your help. i want to sli they cards cause my game performance is go worst after change my monitor. normally take 35-40 fps in game but now i have 25 fps on game. i think maybe second card give 10 fps more on game. im not sure about redshift but if i use sli, i can use 8 gb vram for all and thats enough for me now. i will sell they cards but i must wait so much for find buyer. thanks for search solution for me. i hope so u can find something. i cant find solid sli cable in my country only find hd sli bridge and you say not work on quadros. can i reset cmos ? is it change someting for sli?

SLI performance on gaming just depends on the game. If the game is optimised for SLI you'll see performance gain, if not only one GPU will be used.

You can't pool the video memory you use both GPUs memory as total during the render. If your GPUS are 4GB then you have 4 GB, making SLI won't increase it to 8GB atleast for now.

I didn't say HB bridges don't work with Quadros, I only said no need to look for HB beridges for Kepler series Quadros.

I have found a similar problem occured with K 5000 and K 6000 Quadros. I'm not sure if this is the reason but we can try it.

https://www.dell.com/support/articl...uadro-k5000-and-k6000-cards-installed?lang=en

If it is certified, please check your SLI bridge connection. In K series, QUADROs first SLI port is generally used for SDI / SYNC connection. Second port ( on the right ) is used for SLI connection.

If you have, you can also try to use solid SLI bridge instead of flexible one.
@acidco This is your problem, in your picture you have only a single flex bridge attached. You need a double bridge to SLI those Quadro cards.

acidco

i check to link but problem is my motherboard is not server or workstation card. i cant apply to ecc memory or other things. my mother borard is not support this things.

i try so much thing for solve that thing. really i dont know what i must do for it. thanks for helps. im waiting answer from other forums and maybe tecnical support some one.

@acidco This is your problem, in your picture you have only a single flex bridge attached. You need a double bridge to SLI those Quadro cards.

do u sure? i saw so much sli quadros and so much user use single sli bridge.

i check to link but problem is my motherboard is not server or workstation card. i cant apply to ecc memory or other things. my mother borard is not support this things. i try so much thing for solve that thing. really i dont know what i must do for it. thanks for helps. im waiting answer from other forums and maybe tecnical support some one.
do u sure? i saw so much sli quadros and so much user use single sli bridge.
Yes, your board is fine. All you need is a double bridge like the following;
https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-Bridge-2-Slot-900-12230-2500-000/dp/B01HKC1Z6I
And it doesn't have to be that one, any double bridge with work as long as you have the proper spacing, like in your picture.

acidco

@lexluthermiester you mean if i use second sli bridge, its totally work? are u sure about it?

dont judge me false. in my country sli bridges is high coast. i dont want to waste my money for unwork solve. thanks for information but if u say 2 sli bridge no hb its work together, i have second sli bridge.

Single SLI bridge will be more than enough.
As the picture you have showed in your last post it should be put on the right side, not on the left side.

EDIT: Check this pdf file. You'll see that first port is being used for SDI cards. detailed picture is on 10th page.

http://international.download.nvidi...erature/user-guides/quadro-sdi-user-guide.pdf

Did you check the ECC status in Nvidia control panel did you check the link I have sent you?

Also it will be best if you check your PCI-ex gen version set up on your BIOS. In some cases leaving it AUTO can be problematic. You might want to change it to GEN 2 since K4200 has PCI-e 2.0 interface. Besides, if iGPU is not disabled, please disable it. those are also effecting enabling SLI in some cases.

Last edited: