• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Safe mode screen comes up cant get on to windows please help

dazzer500

I turned my pc off then when i came bck on to use it again it came up with this message below and it kept rebooting back to that same screen.
I havent recently deleted or changed or installed anything . Tryed goin in to safe mode did not work so i tryed start windows normally dnt work so then i tryed last Kown Good configuration that did not work either. what should i do pls help me thank you.

Darren

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
what happens if you chose start windows normally? did you try last known good ?

Remove any hardware that isnt required to boot. If that doesn't work perhaps a repair install will help.

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
dazzer500 said:
i dont want to lose any of my files either

If worst comes to worst you can still recover your files off your hard drive, as long as you didn't use windows to encrypt them (i.e. make your my documents folder private). Just plug the HD into a friend's computer and grab the files you need.