• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Achieves 305Gbps on Its 5G SA Core

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Samsung Electronics announced a significant performance breakthrough on its 5G SA Core, in collaboration with Intel. The two companies achieved a 5G SA Core data processing capacity of 305 Gbps (Gigabits per second) per server and latency improvement in a mobile network environment with commercial features enabled. This superior performance of Samsung's 5G SA Core was accomplished using the 2nd generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor and the Intel Ethernet Network Adapter E810 with Enhanced Dynamic Device Personalization (DDP).

The capacity of 305 Gbps is equivalent to hosting more than 200,000 users that are live-streaming standard definition (SD) videos simultaneously. The resulting performance advancement will not only help increase cost-efficiency for 5G Core network deployments, but also help accelerate the delivery of next-generation, high-capacity networks. This will foster more immersive 5G use cases that require much higher data volume processing with low latency. These include augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and vehicle-to-everything (V2X), experiences, which can be enjoyed without impact to performance through greater capacity.

Normally, data processing requires a complex path using multiple cores, including packet distribution, transmission, and processing cores. With the Intel Ethernet Network Adapter E810 with Enhanced DDP, the data distribution and transmission functions are better optimized across the network adapter and the CPU cores, resulting in higher performance. Samsung and Intel were able to implement a simplified system configuration and boost packet processing and overall network performance.

"Through close collaboration with Intel, we were able to achieve an industry-leading performance with our 5G SA Core," said Sohyong Chong, Senior Vice President and Head of Core Software R&D, Networks Business at Samsung Electronics. "Samsung's cloud-native 5G SA Core, through its highly flexible and scalable design, will enable our customers to launch 5G services more swiftly and cost-effectively."

"The transition to 5G Standalone Core is essential to achieve the full potential of 5G," said Alex Quach, Vice President and General Manager, Wireline and Core Network Division, Intel Corporation. "This milestone achieved with Samsung is a verification of how strong industry collaboration and the use of innovative technologies can enhance performance to accelerate this transition and pave the way to new network and edge services."

For more complete information on the performance results, refer to our white paper.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
5G? Looks safe to me!

Remember: the wise person's first reaction is to research, the fool's first reaction is laugh.

5G Kills Trees.jpg

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX

Haha, there are so many crazy people out there acutally believing pictures without context instead of papers that can actually argue a technical effect (non proven i practice but suspected over time) The science of jpg and memeing is indeed popular! :D

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I shudder to think how much faster it could have been if they switched to EPYC... :twitch:

Haha, there are so many crazy people out there acutally believing pictures without context instead of papers that can actually argue a technical effect (non proven i practice but suspected over time) The science of jpg and memeing is indeed popular! :D
While conspiracy and faked pictures/videos are stupid, I can't imagine the 5G board talking about 60ghz being bad for health and saying....oh, ok. We'll drop it and start from scratch.
I think the general faith (nowadays) in the kindness of the institutions is a bit...too much. Just look at WHO..if you really think they care about our well being, you're a bit gullible.
The sole purpose of our current society structure is to make money. Not to make people's lifes better so I don't think these institutions would really prohibit the usage of dangerous frequencies even if they were dangerous.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
While conspiracy and faked pictures/videos are stupid, I can't imagine the 5G board talking about 60ghz being bad for health and saying....oh, ok. We'll drop it and start from scratch.

If it's a health concern, they'd be forced to as independent scientists realized it.

You aren't completely wrong, of course... 60ghz does present weather forcasting problems, we already know that much. And it's being deployed widely anyhow.