• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung, Apple... and YOU

System Name Server
Processor AMD Phenom 9950BE @ 3.3Ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-EM+
Cooling Apogee GT Waterblock on Thermaltake Rhythm
Memory CRUCIAL Ballistix Tracer PC2-6400 4X1GB
Video Card(s) ASUS EN9600GT Silent
Storage OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD / 3X 1TB WD Caviar Green
Display(s) 2X APPLE CINEMA DISPLAY 20"
Case Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS
Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
Software WINDOWS 7 x64 Ultimate
The Arm CPU was created by Acorn Computers.

An English company ... (Nothing to do with Apple is what I'm saying)

As far as I'm aware Apple have never produced their own processors, they've always been produced by other companies, sure they had some tweaked versions of CPUS but ultimately the designs were produced by others.

I hope this helps...

ARM architecture:

In the late 1980s Apple Computer and VLSI Technology started working with Acorn on newer versions of the ARM core. The work was so important that Acorn spun off the design team in 1990 into a new company called Advanced RISC Machines Ltd. Advanced RISC Machines became ARM Ltd when its parent company, ARM Holdings plc, floated on the London Stock Exchange and NASDAQ in 1998.[11]
The new Apple-ARM work would eventually turn into the ARM6, first released in early 1992. Apple used the ARM6-based ARM 610 as the basis for their Apple Newton PDA. In 1994, Acorn used the ARM 610 as the main central processing unit (CPU) in their Risc PC computers. DEC licensed the ARM6 architecture and produced the StrongARM. At 233 MHz this CPU drew only one watt (more recent versions draw far less). This work was later passed to Intel as a part of a lawsuit settlement, and Intel took the opportunity to supplement their ageing i960 line with the StrongARM. Intel later developed its own high performance implementation named XScale which it has since sold to Marvell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture

ARM Holdings:

The company was founded as Advanced RISC Machines, ARM, a joint venture between Acorn Computers, Apple Computer (now Apple Inc.) and VLSI Technology. The new company intended to further the development of the Acorn RISC Machine's RISC chip, which was originally used in the Acorn Archimedes and had been selected by Apple for their Newton project. The design was flexible and is now the processing core for many custom application-specific integrated circuits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Holdings

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Hey, look! The IBM Simon has "rounded and smooth" corners and buttons laid out in a square grid too. It came out in 1992:
http://www.trendingaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ibm-simon_w5002.jpg

Compaq iPAQ H3100...if this doesn't look like Apple stole most of its design cues, I don't know what to tell you:
http://vlib.eitan.ac.il/pda/devices/images/ipaq3100d.jpg

There's also the HTC Wallaby that came out in 2002:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d9/HTC_Wallaby.jpg/292px-HTC_Wallaby.jpg

There was a whole generation of "smartphones" that existed before the iPhone called the "Pocket PC." Apple cloned them, made a few tweaks so it was palletable to Steve Jobs, then sold them as "the world's first smartphone" (inventing new words that mean nothing).

Apple doesn't invent anything. They outsource ideas to companies that do, patent the hell out of it, and sue anyone that tries to compete.

I have no idea what you're on about, as it doesn't relate to what I said. Of course there were smartphones before the iPhone, I've owned several Qtek phones that I loved (I'm one of the few persons on earth who liked Windows Mobile). The point is Samsung had tons of phones of various shapes and sizes. Then in 2010 some of them for some bizarre reason started to look like iPhones. Why did Apple choose Samsung? HTC have phones with rounded corners too, all phones have rounded corners, yet Samsung are the ones that look like iPhones.

Last edited by a moderator:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
That is subjective. All "smartphones" look alike to me. They are functionally the same.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I hope this helps...

ARM architecture:

In the late 1980s Apple Computer and VLSI Technology started working with Acorn on newer versions of the ARM core. The work was so important that Acorn spun off the design team in 1990 into a new .......

In essence what you've quoted is in fact what everyone says about Apple and ironically what Samsung say Apple do. The ARM core already existed prior to Apple getting involved. It was a hugely important chip. ARM made it independently of Apple. Apple saw how good the original design was and like all good business ideas, worked with ARM and its spin off to develop it further to best suit it's own business interests. They didn't do anything wrong but what they did is what they sue everyone else for doing (simply because Apple use the patent office as a dead end to other companies improving upon their designs.

The above serves to illustrate exactly what Apple often do - they evolve prior function and/or design. They did not innovate.

Samsung deserves this.

I wish they ban the S3 and its "iButton" from existent.

All hail HTC!

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
That is subjective. All "smartphones" look alike to me. They are functionally the same.

Honestly I don't know why you're in this thread if that is how you see things.

System Name Server
In essence what you've quoted is in fact what everyone says about Apple and ironically what Samsung say Apple do. The ARM core already existed prior to Apple getting involved. It was a hugely important chip. ARM made it independently of Apple. Apple saw how good the original design was and like all good business ideas, worked with ARM and its spin off to develop it further to best suit it's own business interests. They didn't do anything wrong but what they did is what they sue everyone else for doing (simply because Apple use the patent office as a dead end to other companies improving upon their designs.

The above serves to illustrate exactly what Apple often do - they evolve prior function and/or design. They did not innovate.

Spoken like a true Hater

The ARM6 (ARMv3/4) was as close to the original Acorn Archimedes as the 8086 is to the core i7 ivy bridge. The APPLE - ACORN partnership led to the creation of ARM. The company that designs the new post-ARMv3 CPUs.

Hopefully Samsung owns a licence to manufacture their ARM-based cpus or they could be facing even worse legal consequences...

ps: you really should read the links I sent you. No point in twisting the facts in order to back your argument. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions. Right now you seem like you hate a company based on a bunch of lies and misconceptions which are not even your own. All droid fanboys repeat the same foul nonsense.

Benetanegia

The ARM6 (ARMv3/4) was as close to the original Acorn Archimedes as the 8086 is to the core i7 ivy bridge.[/B]

Same for current ARM CPUs, they have nothing to do with the ARM6. And in fact many of the tech in the ARM Cortex family has been developed in conjuntion with Samsung and many other companies and/or using their IP. Apple is not one of those from what I've seen.

ARM is not Apple.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
Spoken like a true Hater

These few words betray your sentiments and loyalties.

I like Apple products, they're pleasant to look at (the iPad is a bit slippy to hold mind) and function very well. Many Android products suck (but not my HTC One S).

Your vehemence towards my post is noted. Please accept my indifference.

My point stands. Apple got involved with ARM* because they liked what another company did. That much is true. They evolved a product someone else designed.

*The official Acorn RISC Machine project started in October 1983. The fundamental ARM core was pre-Apple. ARM holdings involved Apple.

Last edited:
System Name Server
These few words betray your sentiments and loyalties. Your vehemence towards my post is noted. Please accept my indifference.

So why did you bother to reply?? Please spare me the pedantry...

I like Apple products, they're pleasant to look at

Only a hater would say that...

My point stands. Apple got involved with ARM* because they liked what another company did. That much is true. They evolved a product someone else designed. The official Acorn RISC Machine project started in October 1983. The fundamental ARM core was pre-Apple. ARM holdings involved Apple.

Apple got involved with ACORN because they were interested in acquiring certain hardware patents related to the ARM architecture. They Bought the company together with VLSI and renamed ACORN to ARM inc. which stands for Advanced RISC Machines. The technology relevant to the Acorn computer is now known as ANCIENT ARM and it is unrelated and incomatible to what Apple and VLSI created after their joint partnership.

http://www.heyrick.co.uk/armwiki/The_ARM_family#Ancient_ARM

PS.: Unlike you I actually try to reference my claims. You should try it too!

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten

To be fair, they are nice products to look at :laugh:

Hell if it wasn't for not being able to piss around ( and the price) i'd probably have an Iphone ( I dislike all other Apple products though, since they changed to intel CPUs there's beeen no advantage to owning an actual Apple PC IMO)

Fortunately I got a Desire Z for £160 when they were still retailing for around £300 : ]

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
But Mandis, even what is said in those articles you posted stat what Pantherx12 said first, apple never produced a cpu architecture on it's own, the newer versions of arm processors were the fruit of a partnership between 3 companies.

I don't pretend to throw aside the importance of apple in the creation of these processors, but saying apple created the arm processor for the newton like you did is not true. It's like saying apple created all the cpus they used in their computers because they used them to make those computers xD

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
To be fair, they are nice products to look at :laugh:

Hell if it wasn't for not being able to piss around ( and the price) i'd probably have an Iphone ( I dislike all other Apple products though, since they changed to intel CPUs there's beeen no advantage to owning an actual Apple PC IMO)

Fortunately I got a Desire Z for £160 when they were still retailing for around £300 : ]

yep their stuff is cool :D
but i cant stand their attitude :mad: too bad :D

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
So why did you bother to reply?? Please spare me the pedantry...

I'm allowed to firmly disapprove of any frighteningly wealthy corporation with a distinctly over bearing marketing and legal wing. Your use of hater is the antithesis of that other word that starts with 'F'. Using these terms doesn't help.

Apple got involved with ACORN because they were interested in acquiring certain hardware patents related to the ARM architecture.

Yes. Apple wanted another companies tech. I'm now quoting you. This is what I've been saying. And you've just confirmed that.

Which is what i said back here:

they evolve prior function and/or design. They did not innovate.

This is what I have been arguing. Apple got involved with someone elses design because they wanted it for their own device. Why are you even arguing - you've said it yourself? I appreciate you want to stick up for Apple here but really you're saying the same thing as me.

Acorn created ARM core of the back of the Berkeley project. Apple wanted to use that tech and needed the patent. Apple acquire a patent because they did not invent the initial core.
You also said:

They(Apple) Bought the company together with VLSI and renamed ACORN to ARM inc. which stands for Advanced RISC Machines.

which is not true. Your wiki source says this:

The work was so important that Acorn spun off the design team in 1990 into a new company called Advanced RISC Machines Ltd

If Acorn had not developed the ARM core, Apple wouldn't have got involved. And I'm well aware that core from Acorn was developed by using another researcher groups work (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_RISC)

I think we can both agree on these facts above (as quoted by you and as by me quoting you).

And please, if you want to reply again to my post, I'd appreciate it if you stop using the term 'Hater'. Frankly i find it very insulting and if you're trying to insult me then that's just unpleasant.

And for the record, our family had an Acorn Electron back in the 1980's. It was awesome (at the time). Who knew blocks moving around other blocks could be so much fun? I even remember one game - The Tomb of Drewen.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Woo they saved $1.4M! :laugh:

Yea, 1% reduction.

I too about got sick to my stomache when I read the news. Been offline most of the weekend.

From the article entropy quoted

Jury in Apple v. Samsung Goofed, Damages Reduced

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2012082510525390

And reading other articles, this isn't over. There is so much money at stake that this will end up at the supreme court.

I wonder how many of these guys have an iPhone in thier pocket:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/about/biographies.aspx

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name m1dg3t | DeathBox | HairPi 3
Processor 3570k @ 4.0 1.15v BIOS | q9550 @ 3.77 1.325v BIOS
Motherboard Asrock z77e iTX | p5q Dlx 2301 BIOS
Cooling Custom Water | D-14 & HR-03gt | Passive HSF
Memory Samsung MV-3V4G3D 4g x 2 @ 1866 1.35v | OcZ RpR 2g x 4 @ 1067 2.2v
Video Card(s) MSi 7950 tf3 @1000 / 1350 | Asus 5870 V2 @ 900 / 1275
Storage Adata sx900 256Gb / WD 2500 HHTZ | WD 1001 FALS x 2
Display(s) BenQ gw2750hm | 46" Sharp Quatron
Case BitFenix Prodigy - m0dd3d | Antec Fusion Remote MAX
Audio Device(s) Onboard Toslink > Yamaha HTR 6290 | Xonar HDAV1.3 > Yamaha DSP z7
Power Supply Ocz mXp700w | Ocz zx850w | Cannakit 5v 2.5a
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G9x - Cable Repaired
Keyboard TT Meka G1 - Black w Cherry Blacks| Logitech G11
Software Win7 Home | Xp sp3 & Vista ultimate | Raspbian
Benchmark Scores Epeen!! Who needs epeen??
So Apple can claim rights to a rounded square & touch screens with tiles eh?

What about this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2684614&postcount=1

Oh thats right, i forgot! Apple can copy everyone else and it's OK! Pathetic.

Hey Sony why don't you go and fuck Apple for some cash like they do to everyone else? or are you waiting for them to implement it and make large $$$ first? :D

And for the jury of that/this trial, some good reading material http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/chapter-1

Only in US is corruption/greed celebrated :shadedshu

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
So Apple can claim rights to a rounded square & touch screens with tiles eh?

What about this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2684614&postcount=1

Oh thats right, i forgot! Apple can copy everyone else and it's OK! Pathetic.

Hey Sony why don't you go and fuck Apple for some cash like they do to everyone else? or are you waiting for them to implement it and make large $$$ first? :D

And for the jury of that/this trial, some good reading material http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/chapter-1

It was more than about the shape. But you don't care about that sort of thing I take it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
So the jury foreman is a patent holder?

Does that sound strange to anyone else?

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Sounds like he/she should have been recused. Samsung is appealing the decision so it will go to a higher court that is likely less biased in favor of Apple.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I have no doubt that Samsung has pointed that out!

Apple cobbled together existing technologies to form the majority of thier products, ergo the iPhone. I think that's another argument to make... it really wasn't anything new.

samsung should just release a firmware update for their high defs and block the apple TV ID.

i really hope samsung socks apple in the face.

and then I hope googles lawsuit moves in and hits them again. I want apple to have the lowest grossing quarter in the companies history. Everyone attacks opensource no one thinks they can hold their own.

shit open group should sue apple for using a unix derivative.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
and then I hope googles lawsuit moves in and hits them again. I want apple to have the lowest grossing quarter in the companies history. Everyone attacks opensource no one thinks they can hold their own.

Meanwhile, Google owned Motorola is attacking Apple. Apple has made its position very clear and how they're going to operate and at this point the only way to get Apple to play fair is to beat them into submission. :)