• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung C32JG54 monitor on MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC with strange DPMS off behavior

Stefan1200

My problem: I have 3 display port monitors connected to my MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC graphics card. 2 identical older LG monitors and one quite new Samsung C32JG54 monitor. That new Samsung monitor sometimes don't stay in DPMS off mode, if my PC is switched off or Windows 10 energy saving was doing DPMS off because of inactivity. So my Samsung monitor goes off, some minutes later it switch on again (but with black screen) and switch off again around 20-40 seconds later. That turns every some minutes. I don't know if this is a problem with Windows 10 1909, with my graphics card (tried different NVidia driver version), with my new Samsung monitor or the combination of it. The funny thing: This does not happens always. Sometimes my Samsung monitor stays off. Does someone knows this issue? Is there a solution?

I saw, that there are 3 bios versions for my graphics card on this page: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...=GTX+1070&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

On my card I have 86.04.1E.00.5E installed, I have Samsung memory chips on it (related to GPU-Z). The newest bios version was released 3,5 months later. Does anyone know, if that new version only addresses problems with Micron chips, or does other "bugs" get fixed as well?

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
BIOS flash is always a risk. Use flash and recovery instructions from here:

Stefan1200

Thanks. The NVIDIA firmware update tool (for displayport 1.3 and 1.4 displays) said, that I had it installed already. I just switched the DP cable and port on the gfx card and updated the NVIDIA driver again. If that all does not help, I think about flashing the bios.

Does someone know the changes about the GPU bios update?

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
It is rare to see a chanelog or release notes for VBIOS.

Try the BIOS, and if it doesn't fix it, try another cable like this one:

Or another type (DVI/HDMI) instead.