• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Introduces the Level Box mini Wireless Speaker

Samsung Electronics announced Samsung Level Box mini, the latest addition to Samsung's Level series of premium audio products. The Samsung Level Box mini delivers the high-quality sound as Level Box but within a lighter, more compact metallic body. The Level Box mini comes in an assortment of rich, vivid colors, giving consumers a stylish, affordable and exceptional listening experience.

The Samsung Level Box mini sports a large (55 mm) stereo speaker and a passive radiator, optimized to deliver premium-quality sound that is powerful, crisp and balanced. Level Box mini is compatible with the Samsung Level App, which provides Volume Control, Text-to-Speech, S Voice and SoundAlive. SoundAlive, Samsung's innovative audio technology, intelligently makes automatic adjustments to sound quality by analyzing the source to ensure the best sound quality.

The Level Box mini utilizes the aptX codec so that users can enjoy uninterrupted, robust streaming. The dedicated hardware design of Level Box mini provides noise reduction and echo cancellation, and a built-in microphone delivers clear voice, making it ideal for conference calls with friends.

Level Box mini delivers a seamless connected experience. To pair the device, users can simply place a Near-Field Communications (NFC) enabled smartphone near the Level Box mini to quickly make a connection. Controlling the speaker is also simple with its built-in buttons that allow you to play or stop a song, adjust the volume, and even accept or reject calls.

Level Box mini features a colorful, light metallic body design that is 30 percent slimmer than the Level Box. Designed for easy portability, the device is supported with a 1,600mAh battery for 25 hours of playback so that users don't have to worry about recharging while on-the-go. The device will come in a choice of four colors, including Blue, Blue Black, Red, and Silver.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
... Another one of these... -_-

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Curious to know how it compares to the Bose Soundlink Mini and the UEBoom.

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
... Another one of these... -_-

It's never going to stop. So much monies to be made. Bluetooth keeps getting more power efficient. CSR keeps adding features....wait for the 8670 (touch controls etc) stuff...that'll be interesting. Also, companies are realizing you can fit more than 40mm (38mm in the case of ue/logitech/jbl) drivers in a casing that is still small. This is at least progress.

Glad it has aptx, glad it has decent-sized drivers, and glad it has a reasonable size battery...not glad it's probably too expensive for what it is. I also think this size is relatively perfect (can still fit in a jacket pocket) but I'm also glad others went with the water bottle/cup holder design. Maybe it's just me, but it wasn't until using the jbl/ue's I realized how many places where these are handy have a cup-holder (lawn chairs, golf carts, bikes, etc).

Curious to know how it compares to the Bose Soundlink Mini and the UEBoom.

Do you like the Bose SLM? The range is nice, and I love bass as much as the next guy...I drive everyone crazy with k-pop etc. However, I find that fake, digitized bass annoying as hell, and the size is wonky too. Only place I'd use it is somewhere where I might as well use something better...because it would stay there.

Last edited:
System Name "IBT 10x Maximum Stable"
Processor Intel i5 4690K @ 4.6GHz -> 100xx46 - 1.296v
Motherboard MSI MPower Z97
Cooling Corsair H100i + 2x Corsair "HP Edition" SP120's
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz @ 2400MHz 10-11-12-31-1T - 1.66v
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX970 4GB @ 1314 Core/1973 Mem/1515 Boost
Storage Kingston 3K 120GB SSD + Western Digital 'Green' 2TB + Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS 23" IPS
Case Corsair Carbide 300R
Audio Device(s) Rotel RA-04/Cambridge Audio Azur 540R + B&W DM302/Cerwin Vega AT12 / Sony MDR-XB700 & FiiO E5
Power Supply EVGA NEX650G + Silverstone Extensions
Mouse Always failing me....
Keyboard Endlessly broken.....
Software Windoze 7 Pro 64-bit/Windoze 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores I had some of these once upon a time? Old age has seen me misplace them....
Decent size drivers dont mean shit when sound quality is that of a string+tin can (ala kids plaything from the 'olden days') and its all mud.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Do you like the Bose SLM? The range is nice, and I love bass as much as the next guy...I drive everyone crazy with k-pop etc. However, I find that fake, digitized bass annoying as hell, and the size is wonky too. Only place I'd use it is somewhere where I might as well use something better...because it would stay there.

I have listened to the Bose SLM for an hour and I really liked what I heard. It is perfect for a smaller space where you can't run wires and don't need booming audio. That being said, I need to hear the UEBoom because the design is more rugged and can be used outdoors which is perfect for traveling and camping.

Last edited:
System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Decent size drivers dont mean shit when sound quality is that of a string+tin can (ala kids plaything from the 'olden days') and its all mud.

It's all relative. I don't think any of the decent models sound bad at all for a small room/area if you pick the right type music/volume...aptx does help quite a bit vs a2dp, even with relatively small units given the speakers/housing aren't absolute garbage,. I'm not saying it's a guarantee it will be great, but I personally generally prefer something in the 45-57mm range for many things I listen to, and Samsung seems to have tried to make some interesting choices with the Level series so far. Nothing like this will ever be perfect (compared to larger or wired), but I think there is room for more people to attempt to get a more meaty driver/bass response from these tiny units, as so far most of them have played it safe (for things the mid-high frequency range; pop). If you listen to any of the available units, you'll notice there is a major hole in the mid/bottom (which the bose fills with their 'interesting' sound)...that's not all attributed to bluetooth; it's from their design. I've enjoyed quite a few pair of BT headphones that don't have that hole (nor do they sound like mud imo). I think it can be done. Is this it? I don't know...we'll have to see how reviews rate it in that area. It's certainly possible this may lack in the higher end as a result without enough low-end (given it's size/design) to be worth it, but at least it's a different option and they tried something different.

I have listened to the Bose SLM for an hour and I really liked what I heard. It is perfect for a smaller space where you can't run wires and don't need booming audio. That being said, I need to hear the UEBoom because the design is more rugged and can be used outdoors which is perfect for traveling and camping.

The UE boom is nice. It can get pretty loud, and yeah...the casing is really what makes it special. If you like the Bose sound, it's nothing like that. I think you'll like it if you think outdoor 'throw it down wherever' is important, though. I still prefer the sound profile (battery life, and charging port) on my JBL as long as it's not cranked to max (and I work in a small, confined space so the directionality/bass port work well for me) but realize I'm probably in the minority vs the loudness/ruggedness of the UE. Between friends and family I've heard them all. At our family's lake cabin the Bose works pretty well, out in a larger area my friends enjoy the ue, and in my tin can I enjoy the JBL.

Last edited: