• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editorial Samsung, or How To Fail at Outsourcing

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
You make it look as if Samsung is doing something bad, yet a turn around time of less than a month is quite good compared to certain other companies. I hardly think personal opinions that are this biased belong on the front page, no matter what you call them.

I have to agree with Dan here. This is a good topic for a thread, but should not be a topic for front page.

Meecrob

They should still honour their warranty.

Abit did it.

yeah, but Abit and GeCube are quite different companies, GeCube was decent in the 9xxx and x800 days, OK in the x1900 days then slowly has gone to shit since then, and since they pulled out of gfx market they most likely figure theres no point in honouring warranty on stuff they wont be selling anymore(so pissed off customers like you wont cost them anything either way, no future sales to loose you see)

I have seen alot of companies do this kinda thing when they leave a market or sell out, sucks but its how it is, and some "Conservatives" who believe in what they call true capitalism would say thats all good (I know more then one tho think the world should be run by businesses doing whatever they like)

personaly, I feel if you are going to make/sell a product you need to support it, even if you leave that market later, One videocard maker in the radeon 9k days went under/was bought out, rather then sending you referb/new cards from them, they just sent you another makers lite retail box(the one i got was powercolor as a replacement....damn good card)

I think we can all agree that if you arent gonna back your products DONT FUCKING SELL THEM!!!!

The names of the K-Tech owners are Alina and Cristi Fughina, look them up in the phonebooks and ring them to ask about warranty.
Their business made billions on the end-user, now it's time to give back.