• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Saphire X850XT OEM possibly overheating

DiGiTaLdAzE

Hi--I installed a new Saphire X850XT about three weeks ago--idle temps fluctuate between 47C to 51C.Under load I have seen as high as 91C while gaming(HL2 EP 1)a couple of weeks ago.After this I updated the chipset driver for the motherboard, and have seen max temps of around 83C since then.I have phoned ATI, and received contradictory info--1 tech said up to 90C is o.k., but yesterday another ATI tech said that 83C was WAY too high and was surprised the card had not already self destructed.I have seen ppl. referring to manually setting fan speed to run faster all the time--how exactly is this done in step by step instuctions please?I am going to buy an aftermarket cooler right away--either Arctic Cooling or Thermalright Ultra--any recommendations anyone?I will not have the new cooler for probably a 10 days as I must order it from afar(I live in the sticks)and am:cool: afraid of burning out the card before then.I have my old Radeon X300 and could reinstall it in the meantime--any info on safe load temps for this card, manually setting higher fan speed or other input would be much appreciated.Sorry for the length of this post--Thanx in advance.