• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire 7970 Bios Update

The Penguin

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Hey guys, :cool:

I have purchased this gpu:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1481&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

I havent use it yet, however, should i update the bios from the gpu to get the best performance?

I have seen all the bios updates for the 7970, however i was wondering, which is there right one for me.

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...re&model=HD+7970&interface=PCI-E&memSize=3072

What do you recko, should i flash the bios?

Thanks.

You shouldn't need to flash the BIOS.

If the card comes with a switch, then you can try flashing the number 2 BIOS to try out other ones, but you must flash with driver not installed, or manually terminate all driver processes. Be forewarned, that flashing when in Windows8, can cause all sorts of funky issues. Windows8 drivers are quite finicky still.

The Penguin

You shouldn't need to flash the BIOS.

If the card comes with a switch, then you can try flashing the number 2 BIOS to try out other ones, but you must flash with driver not installed, or manually terminate all driver processes. Be forewarned, that flashing when in Windows8, can cause all sorts of funky issues. Windows8 drivers are quite finicky still.

All this sounds risky.

i dont use w8 at all, dont like it.

Is there any improve by flashing the gpu?:pimp:

Processor Intel Core i7-14700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H
Cooling DeepCool AK500 WH
Memory Crucial Pro 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 (CP2K16G56C46U5)
Video Card(s) Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition
Storage Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB / Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB / PNY CS3140 2TB
Display(s) Philips 32M1N5800A
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini (White)
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Fanless Titanium 600W
Keyboard Dell KM714 Wireless
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
If Sapphire does not provide a V-Bios update with a release note to accompany it stating any changes then I'd refrain from flashing the V-Bios especially with a new card, just enjoy the card first then when you are tired of it or experience some problem with the stock V-Bios then you can try Bios flashing.