• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire 9600 Pro, 256M~128B! options?

Lazarus

Hi Guys,

First time here on this forum. have overclocked a few cards before, bought a 9800 Atlantis Pro once, good decent speeds out of it, with a fitted Zalman Cooling Pipe, Changed my Motherboard, decided to reinstall the cooling pipe, then my 9800 Pro went mad, had artifacts in the BIOS splash screen, and Checkerboard effects in UT2K4, I have taken it that the cards Pipes have gone. Anyway enough of that...

Made do with a Nvidia FX 5200 until now, half Life 2 has arrived, so i have just purchased a 9600 PRO 256MB 128 Bit, to tie me over till i get my X800...

Basically guys, what do you say my options where?

I dont really want to install the cooling pipe, (although I HAD modded it quite nice with some fans).

So what do you guys thinK? I know of no Softmods I can do, Are there any other modding solutions you think I should go for?

Please dont recommend an Arctic Cooler rev 2. dont like them one bit...

Dunno im open to suggestions...

C&C Freak 2K

Giant III, VGA Silencer, Iceberq4...it's really about what you want to spend on cooling. If the cooler you buy doesn't span over the RAM or doesn't come with RAM sinks, I'd suggest dropping into a LOCAL electronics or computer store and asking if they have some old heatsinks that you can cut up.

kRaZeD

Processor E6600
Motherboard ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS-7700Cu
Memory 2gb Corsair XMS2-6400
Video Card(s) 7900GT
Storage 700gb across 4 drives.
Display(s) CMV 221D
Case Antec P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Moosic
Dont get the 256mb version as its ram is slower than the 128mb 9600's (not including the XT)