1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Dual X 280X vs Asus DC2T 280X

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ACidBaseD, Oct 27, 2013.

1. ACidBaseD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello TPU members :)

I can't seem to find any reviews/becnhamarks of Sapphire 280X DUAL X Fan :(

From the feedback/reviews Asus seems to be a solid card but it's size is 11.2 inches where length of sapphire card = 10.32 inch

I have HAF 912 which allows me to store a maximum of 10.6 inch [without HDD Cage removed] and 15.4inch with HDD cage removed.

I wanted to go for the Sapphire card because it's smaller and i wont have to remove the cage

Will i be noticing a huge difference in terms of OC'ing and Performance between the 2 cards?

tl;dr:
    MAX Video length = 10.6'' [with HDD CAGE] 15.4'' [without HDD CAGE]
    Sapphire 280X = 10.32'' Asus 280X = 11.2''
    Should i sacrifise Harddisk space and go for asus ?

2. buildzoid

buildzoid

Thanks Received:
    Not really the dct isn't that much better binned and the AMD reference is really good.

3. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    I do believe the Asus has the better cooler, but how much a card overclocks always depends on the particular chip you get.
    Unless you get some cheaply build card with crappy vrm etc.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster

Thanks Received:
    280x is a 7970 in disguise so look at 79xx benchmarks and you'll know how 280x. performs.

If you plan to overclock then look at the Sapphire's Vapor-X, it's way cooler than Dual-X and has better custom PCB.

Fwiw ASUS 79xx DCII-T had a lot of stability problems so u may want to avoid this batch.

5. levelord

levelord

Thanks Received:
    Don't know much about Vapor-X, but DC2 cards may vary great in cooling ability.
    Had 2 gtx 670 dc2 cards. One was rock solid under Furmark stress test, about 70-73 degrees at 1280/7400 and the other could heat up to 85 at the same clocks and then gone to BSOD.
    Now i got tri-slot 7970 dc2t at 1150/1750 and have never seen temps above 72. Some say these card can go above 80's.

6. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    ITs all luck of the draw my 7970 DC2 Top was crap, no voltage control, screwed up bios, inadequate vrm cooling multiple RMA's later I got a card that was unable to OC with no voltage control even though it was still advertised and due to it being a refurbished RMA card someone had flashed it to the LN2 bios which ment voltage would not change and stayed constant with no way to fix it as a regular bios flash wouldn't change it. the Matrix cards they released a fix for but DC2T they did not.

I would avoid ASUS when it comes to AMD GPUs