• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Hd 7950 unflashable !!

cadaveca

My name is Dave
There are two possibilities here.

1. Your card uses different memory chips than the cards whose BIOSes are listed here.

2. Your card has been locked from flashing.

Number 2 seems silly with a card with a BIOS switch, but that could be the case. Also, I have found that certain ATI BIOSes do not flash properly, only flashing a small part of the ROM, rather than the full rom. Why, I have no idea.

Also, you are best served by doing flashes with no AMD driver installed.

Lastly, some BIOSes change how DVI and such works, and this can lead to no display.

Perhaps those ideas can get you pointed in the right direction.

@cadaveca

We know why people want to do flash bios but sometimes is it realy worth it?
Maybe i am holding back because of all the post over the last few months talking about how people have bricked there cards and now have a paper weight.

In some instances, I think that yes, it is worth it. Also, these cards have dual BIOS expressly for the purpose of enthusiasts flashing the secondary BIOS. There is NO other reason for such functionality to be on the card. It's built to do it, with failsafes, so I see no problem in telling someone to flash a card with a dual BIOS design, and a backup BIOS. I'll never hesitate in that.

Spiro67

There are two possibilities here.

1. Your card uses different memory chips than the cards whose BIOSes are listed here.

2. Your card has been locked from flashing.

Number 2 seems silly with a card with a BIOS switch, but that could be the case. Also, I have found that certain ATI BIOSes do not flash properly, only flashing a small part of the ROM, rather than the full rom. Why, I have no idea.

Also, you are best served by doing flashes with no AMD driver installed.

Lastly, some BIOSes change how DVI and such works, and this can lead to no display.

Perhaps those ideas can get you pointed in the right direction.

I flash with atiflash with dos. And when i have black screen the PC don't boot. It don't show the bios or the windows boot. Just power on and nothing else.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
We know why people want to do flash bios but sometimes is it realy worth it?

Exactly. Look at the time spent in this thread by all when a software solution is easily in hand.

I flash with atiflash with dos. And when i have black screen the PC don't boot. It don't show the bios or the windows boot. Just power on and nothing else.
If your card has the bios switch, switch it back to the default bios...

Last edited: