• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire HD7770 GHz

I'm getting coloured lines across the screen during POST. Also, once the PC has booted into windows, if I view ANY web page, the screen flickers/bounces. GPU-Z shows the following:

GPU @ 34c
Load @ 7%
Core Clock @ 1000MHz
GPU Memory Clock @ 1125MHz
Fan speed @ 60% (altered in CCC)
VDDC @ 1.200v (varies from 0.85v up to this 1.2v max, mostly at max)

Running CCC 12.3.

I have made no overclocks to this card, nor the CPU or RAM. Only had the card installed for 3 days.

Wanted to check the stock clocks in RBE but it reported "Invalid file specified. Not an ATi BIOS? Debug information: "CheckValid" reported error, when trying to load the cards BIOS.

7770 not supported yet?

Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm getting these graphical glitches? I'm starting to suspect I have a "moody" card.

Thanking you in advance for any input - otc.

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Seems like a bad card

What it like this from day one ?

Had problems installing CCC 12.3 in the beginning. ATI had released an HD7770 specific CCC (8.xx something or other).

Tried that one but CCC didn't show on the menu if I right clicked on the desktop.

Did the full uninstall/regedit/CCleaner/Drive Sweeper (in safe mode), etc, then re-installed 12.3 and this time CCC appeared on the right click menu. Guessed it was all good.

Playing only 3 games at the moment:

Alan Wake - crashed once with temps on the GPU around the 52c @ 60% fan

World of Tanks - crashed several times since card installed. Unable to check temps as it was a full reset required.

SWTOR - crashed twice - again, full reset required.

Also, after installation of the card, seemed to take quite a while to boot into windows. Just hung on the "Starting Windows" screen (win7 pro 64 bit). Had to walk away and go watch something for a couple of hours - came back - windows user login screen was showing. Like it was having trouble with the drivers, but no BSOD. Hasn't done this since though, not to that extent anyway.

Don't think it's anything else on my rig. Built it in December 2011 for the SWTOR launch. Specs are:

Case - CM Storm Enforcer - 2 x 200mm (top & front), 1 x 120mm (rear), PSU draws from under case/exhausts straight out the back

M/B - Asus M5A99X Evo

CPU - AMD FX-4100 @ 3.7GHz /w Gelid Tranquillo (120mm fan in pull config)

RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1300MHz

PSU - Lepa 850w (Seasonic internals I'm led to believe)

GPU - HIS HD4870x2 (at the time of build. Died last week, hence the HD7770 now).

As an interim replacement for the dead 4870x2, I used an ATi X850 XT PE 256MB card, just to get to desktop, browse web, (to look for next GPU and read mail), and this showed none of the symptoms that this card is now.

Think I should just get Amazon to RMA it?

Would you get the same card again? I was a little disappointed in the slight drop in FPS in SWTOR against what the 4870x2 in its prime was producing, but it handled max settings and returned 56FPS, so not to ropey tbh.

Thanking you in advance - otc.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
either a bad card or something pertaining to ram/drives is jacked up.

Plus id reseat the card too