• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire R9 380 help please

terminatermule

System Name The Mule
Processor Dual Xeon
Motherboard Apple Mac Pro 1.1
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) Currently a 5770 and GTX 960
Storage bugger all
Display(s) HD Cinema and Samsung curved 27"
Hi everyone,

Posting from a new account as I could not for the life of me recall what I my login name was from years ago when I lasted actually posted to the TPU forums. Rookie error, lol.

Anyway I am just wondering if anyone with one of these cards would be able to help me with a couple of pics of the back of the card. I picked this one up non working for the cooler for 5 dollars but upon testing it and looking more closely at it I have realised that it has been physically damaged (probably whilst being removed/installed) by the original owner and MAY actually be recoverable as it powers on and detects, but has no video output. Some small components have been knocked off the back of the card in the small group of components on the top RHS of the back of the GPU ( near where backplate screw goes through the PCB) I can tell from the screen printing that they are all resistors and capacitors and I have a number of parts here I can salvage from old boards etc, but I just need a couple of clear pics to identify what the original ones were that are missing off this board.

I know the small IC there looks like it may be destroyed but I am willing to replace the missing caps and resistors (I also have the other missing transistor which was loose) and see how it goes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Glenn

Attachments

• 20180717_162200.jpg
    20180717_162200.jpg
    870.1 KB · Views: 194
System Name My PC
Processor 4670K@4.4GHz
Motherboard Gryphon Z87
Cooling CM 212
Memory 2x8GB+2x4GB @2400GHz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1425MHz OC+, 8GB
Storage Intel 530 SSD 480GB + Intel 510 SSD 120GB + 2x500GB hdd raid 1
Display(s) HP envy 32 1440p
Case CM Mastercase 5
Audio Device(s) Sbz ZXR
Power Supply Antec 620W
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Win 10 pro
Hi everyone,

Posting from a new account as I could not for the life of me recall what I my login name was from years ago when I lasted actually posted to the TPU forums. Rookie error, lol.

Anyway I am just wondering if anyone with one of these cards would be able to help me with a couple of pics of the back of the card. I picked this one up non working for the cooler for 5 dollars but upon testing it and looking more closely at it I have realised that it has been physically damaged (probably whilst being removed/installed) by the original owner and MAY actually be recoverable as it powers on and detects, but has no video output. Some small components have been knocked off the back of the card in the small group of components on the top RHS of the back of the GPU ( near where backplate screw goes through the PCB) I can tell from the screen printing that they are all resistors and capacitors and I have a number of parts here I can salvage from old boards etc, but I just need a couple of clear pics to identify what the original ones were that are missing off this board.

I know the small IC there looks like it may be destroyed but I am willing to replace the missing caps and resistors (I also have the other missing transistor which was loose) and see how it goes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Glenn

Is the fan spinning loudly or just normal?

terminatermule

System Name The Mule
Processor Dual Xeon
Motherboard Apple Mac Pro 1.1
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) Currently a 5770 and GTX 960
Storage bugger all
Display(s) HD Cinema and Samsung curved 27"
Hi Guys,

Yeah fans seem to operate normally, the boost mode (or whatever Sapphire called it) button toggles off and on and the card doesn't stop a system from posting ( with a second card in the system) but it has no display outputs. It may never work again but if someone who has one can id these components I'll solder it and give it a go.

Otherwise I only originally bought it for the cooler, so no great loss if it doesn't work.

Cheers Glenn