1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro to XT ?? Advice Please.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by HookeyStreet, Feb 5, 2005.

1. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

Ive just installed my VGA Silencer Rev.3 on my 'Sapphire Radeon 128MB 9800 Pro Atlantis', Im wondering if this can now be flashed to an XT ?? I checked the core and its the R360 version (ATiTool says its a R350, weird!)

Im not sure what the memory chips are as I installed some Vantec BGA copper ramsinks and forgot to make a note of the brand name/model number (I know what your thinking...what a plonker)

If it is possible for me to flash this card what is the safest and easiest way to do it (Im a total novice to this kind of thing and I would prefer not to have to touch MS DOS mode at all!!)
    Any help / advice would be great.

Thank you in advance :)

Daz

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Hookey U have the same card and I used the Sapphire XT Bios found Here now I am still on stock cooling and this is a VERY fast BIOS 412/364 there is a Gecube BIOS on this site that I think is a bit more reasonable on the Mem it is rated at 398/351. I tested both BIOS and they both work fine but I found the RAM got VERY hot so I edited the Sapphire BIOS in RaBit to split the difference I currently have my clocks at 398/337. I decided to keep the RAM speeds stock as I figured the heat factor wasnt so good

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Thanks m8, what do I do now?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well I have always used Gigabytes Flashing tool v1.1 as it has always worked well for me. The thing you have to remember is that you have to force the flash as you are changing the devices ID

10 Year Member at TPU