• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire radeon Rx580 Nitro+ 8gb fast bios issue

Fabri0043

Hi Everyone!
I've upgraded my pc to a ryzen 5600x + msi b550 a pro from a r5 2600 + b450 aorus m (which ran fine for years) while keeping my Rx580 Nitro+ from the old build.
While the computer runs perfectly if the bios switch is on the quiet bios mode, on the fast bios (which is the one i used on the old build) the pc skips the splash screen and i get no video until windows loads, then everything works fine again (this means I can get to bios only on the quiet gpu bios)
If I use the same gpu on the fast bios with the old motherboard, everything works fine again, so I updated mobo bios, changed motherboard (At first I used an msi b450 tomahawk max ii which had the same problem, so I switched to b550), used the r5 2600 on the new motherboard, but I still can't get video output until windows loads.
Also If i use a gt1030 in the new build, everithing works fine. the only problem is the fast gpu bios of the rx580 in the new build.
Am I missing something? Could this be a gpu bios problem?
Thanks in advance to all the answer!

Screenshot of the fast gpu bios
gpuz 1.jpg
gpuz memory timings 1.jpg
gpuz memory timings 2.jpg
And the sticker on the card
IMG_20220804_142649.jpg

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Hi Everyone!
I've upgraded my pc to a ryzen 5600x + msi b550 a pro from a r5 2600 + b450 aorus m (which ran fine for years) while keeping my Rx580 Nitro+ from the old build.
While the computer runs perfectly if the bios switch is on the quiet bios mode, on the fast bios (which is the one i used on the old build) the pc skips the splash screen and i get no video until windows loads, then everything works fine again (this means I can get to bios only on the quiet gpu bios)
If I use the same gpu on the fast bios with the old motherboard, everything works fine again, so I updated mobo bios, changed motherboard (At first I used an msi b450 tomahawk max ii which had the same problem, so I switched to b550), used the r5 2600 on the new motherboard, but I still can't get video output until windows loads.
Also If i use a gt1030 in the new build, everithing works fine. the only problem is the fast gpu bios of the rx580 in the new build.
Am I missing something? Could this be a gpu bios problem?
Thanks in advance to all the answer!

Screenshot of the fast gpu bios
View attachment 256965
View attachment 256966
View attachment 256967
And the sticker on the card
View attachment 256968
Hold on for a few let me take a look

You could try this bios as a last resort unless if @Final_Fighter can cook up a bios from a 2018-2020 unit.

Download atiflash/amdvbflash 2.93
Go here https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

Then look for Version 4.68, underneath 4.68 you will see a link to show older version, click that and you should see version 2.93

Then

Follow these steps carefully:

1. Open your "C:" drive in Windows, create a new folder, call it atiflash.

2. Extract the contents of atiflash_293.zip to the "C:\atiflash" folder

3. Find the bios file you downloaded and rename the bios file to biosname.rom

(Biosname.rom is just an example, change it to match your card model in 5 characters with .rom on end)

4. Move biosname.rom to the "C:\atiflash" folder

5. Open the start menu, type cmd, when cmd.exe appears right click it and hit "Run as administrator"

6. At the command prompt type in cd\ and press enter until only C:\> is on the screen.

7. Type in cd/atiflash and press enter, you should see C:\atiflash>

8. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
(there is a space between the e and -unlockrom and 0)(0 is the number zero)
press enter and you will be prompted that the "ROM Unlocked"

9. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 biosname.rom
(there is a space between the .exe and -f, and a space between -f and -p and 0)press enter.

Follow directions on screen and if flash is successful exit the command prompt and restart, windows should show up on screen.

Last edited:

Fabri0043

Hold on for a few let me take a look

You could try this bios as a last resort unless if @Final_Fighter can cook up a bios from a 2018-2020 unit.

Download atiflash/amdvbflash 2.93
Go here https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

Then look for Version 4.68, underneath 4.68 you will see a link to show older version, click that and you should see version 2.93

Then

Follow these steps carefully:

1. Open your "C:" drive in Windows, create a new folder, call it atiflash.

2. Extract the contents of atiflash_293.zip to the "C:\atiflash" folder

3. Find the bios file you downloaded and rename the bios file to biosname.rom

(Biosname.rom is just an example, change it to match your card model in 5 characters with .rom on end)

4. Move biosname.rom to the "C:\atiflash" folder

5. Open the start menu, type cmd, when cmd.exe appears right click it and hit "Run as administrator"

6. At the command prompt type in cd\ and press enter until only C:\> is on the screen.

7. Type in cd/atiflash and press enter, you should see C:\atiflash>

8. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -unlockrom 0
(there is a space between the e and -unlockrom and 0)(0 is the number zero)
press enter and you will be prompted that the "ROM Unlocked"

9. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 biosname.rom
(there is a space between the .exe and -f, and a space between -f and -p and 0)press enter.

Follow directions on screen and if flash is successful exit the command prompt and restart, windows should show up on screen.
The first bios worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Keskin9210

Problem with my new gpu when downloading AMD Driver (freezes)

Hey
having a problem with my new graphics card rx 580 8gb rog strix started by replacing the card with my old graphics card (rx 470 4 gb gigabyte)

when I turned on the computer the card spin and the led lit up but after 4-5 sec the card stopped spinning but still lit up.

But the computer shows no signal. (can't get into bios) white light from motherboard. changed the graphics card to my old card and there were no problems.

So what i did was run ddu in save mode and removed everything.
Then I put the rx580 and this time I can see the graphics card via the bios and can access windows via my IGPU (the HDMI connector is in the motherboard) I download driver from AMD website and when I have to install it shows both IGPU and rx580 I run the installation but when it is at 69% it freezes.

I restart the PC and can only see a black screen (no light from the motherboard) can only proceed if I take out the rx 580.

Specs :
Asus rog strix b450-F gaming
Ryzen 3 2200g
Psu 520w
8 gb ram crucial
Anyone know about this problem or have a fix for this, sorry for the long text.