• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire RMA Testimonial: Don't buy if your not in Asia!

System Name Game Raver
Processor Core i7-770K
Motherboard ASRock Z170A-X1
Cooling Coolermaster AIO
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage 1TB Crucial SSD. 4TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) AOC 1080p 144Hz
Case NZXT Phantom 410 /w/ Silverstone FN121P-BL fans
Audio Device(s) ASUS Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX760
I have had rather pleasant RMA throughout most of my time as a PC enthusiast, but holy crap the Sapphire brand sent that streak to hell.

About a month and a half ago, one of my 7850s' fans had malfunctioned. One of the sleeve bearings on them had gone loose and made the fan crooked enough to grind itself up against my neighboring expansion cards. I immediately shut down my computer and was fortunate to find the inspecting worthwhile when I found the problem. I took a picture and slipped it into a support ticket at Sapphire. This happened almost a year after purchase.

I added the information and even highlighted the picture so that they would know, but a week went by, and nothing happened. I called Sapphire Canada directly to see if they could handle the problem. They told me that they will call the Support Center immediately...what? I am calling them!

After two whole days I got a midnight email that a ticket has been replied to. I immediately jumped onto my computer to get it over with. Funny news, the Support base is 120% China and didn't bother adding English employees to their workforce. I could tell almost immediately by the craptastic grammar that they were using Google Translate.
"Are problem fan card or cooler?"
Later that day I decided to call Sapphire Canada again to fill the gap acting like a helpless n00b, and they did. Eventually, after acting like a moron for 2 hours someone spitted out an RMA form in PDF, alongside with a shipping address in Markham, ON. Thats my town!

I called the RMA center immediately and tried to get it done there and now.
Me: (calling)
Receiver: Atheron! (Obviously trying to say Athlon, the name of the RMA partner).
Me: Hi! I live near your company area and am requesting to drop off a returning product.
Reciever: No. You ship.
Me: I am literally 20 minutes AWAY! (speaking like an explorer talking to a tribe chief)
Reciever: Ok. You drop off on Monday! (I called on Friday)
Me: Thanks....
The line dropped after that.

So now I had to wait three days to even finish the job so they could work their magic, something I would only say to companies that have better service!

Monday happened, I rushed over there and tossed the box on their desk with RMA form, cheque and a stern face. They were half-witted and called in the manager in order for them to have an English speaking individual. HOW THE HELL DID THEY GET A JOB THERE?! They apologized to me as the manager was in a meeting, probably about firing the last remaining coworkers in a city of empty cubicles. To me, I support such action at this point.

Eventually, the manager popped up and everyone started smiling in front of me. Good professional image people! What a pleasant experience I'm having (despite the idea of wanting to go postal)! As I went out, the manager stopped me and told me I forgot to pay. I was like "What? I left the cheque right there!" and she was like "Nononono! You pay $25 for international shipping! The receiving is about $15". Thanks a lot.

So here I am now, still waiting for that bloody card. I hope the courier is walking so they can have an excuse. I go to ASUS and they clear it up in minutes, go to Transcend and their RMA will respond in an hour with a shipping tag so you won't forget the RMA number, but holy crap Sapphire Technology is just plain terrible!!!

Half star out of 5.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
That's crazy I wonder if it is the US vs CA issue, but I have had no issues with them.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
They weren't the nicest on the phone to me but they did get 7970 back quickly.

System Name Better than before
Processor 10400
Motherboard B460 Pro4
Cooling Id-Cooling 224
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) 1650 Super
Storage Swordfish 500 GB
Display(s) AOC G2
Case Coolermaster Ammo 533
Audio Device(s) Micca MB42X
Power Supply Pure Power 11
Mouse G403
Keyboard Sidewinder x4
Software Windows 10 (ugh)
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Good job you didnt go on the sapphire forums, they are equally if not more abysmal.
Never bought a sapphire card, and since Gr33n Gecko, I never will.